Bra Size

Options
Any exercises to put focus on shrinking your cup size? I was a 42DDD in Aug. I'm now in a 38DDD, so my bra size is getting smaller. but any way to shrink my cup size? I'm not looking for miracles. Just maybe to wear a size D vs DDD. its so difficult finding bras that are DDD. I was hoping with my weight loss, I would lose some in that area. but so far no change in the cup size.

Any suggestions?

Replies

• txtree50
    Options
    Not sure what type of health insurance you have but if you are having problems with your back, some insurance companies will do breast reduction free. I do know that when I exercise, the tatas are the first place that see the result but some people said there are exercises you can do for firming. Just buying a good bra really helps with that. Good luck!
  • melodyg
    melodyg Posts: 1,423 Member
    Options
    No advice here... just some commiserating. I'm fairly sure I am not going to see my bra size go down for a while either (I guess the good news is they didn't go UP anymore during gaining the last 50 pounds) but I am hoping they will be down to somewhere manageable by the time I get to goal weight. (And I'm almost your height and in a 40DDD so, yeah, ugh.) I'll be watching this topic too!
  • MichelleFirestone
    MichelleFirestone Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    No back problems. They don't really give me problems, except shopping for clothing. No need for surgery. Large breasts run in the family. But they were smaller before I had kids. and I thought it was from the weight gain, and was hoping if I lost some weight, they would get smaller as well. You always hear, that they are the first place to lose weight. But does that mean the acutal cup size?
  • msemejuru
    Options
    Just keep doing your cardio. I am a busty girl myself and your bra size is stubborn to change. But it will change as your total BMI goes down which is a slow process compared to losing pounds. Before I had my son I lost 60 pounds which was 4 dress sizes but only 2 bra sizes. Just hang in there.
  • Bambie
    Bambie Posts: 12
    Options
    Give it a little more time. It will happen, even if slowly. I've lost 47 lbs and I used to be a 40DDD, now I'm a 36DD So it does happen, just slowly I think when you're that well endowed. I'm looking forward to getting even smaller...but I'm not sure if my wish of being a 34B will ever come true. Some women tend to lose it in the boob first but I've been losing it all over and you sound the same. Good luck, keep up the good work!
  • photochick69
    Options
    I found that when I would lose weight in the past, my bra band size would go down, but my cup size increased. I ended at a 40F. At that point, I knew I needed to do something about it. So I did the surgery route, and it was definitely the best decision I ever made! But I also had back problems from them too, in addition to the typical clothes shopping problems.

Even now, with my current weight lose, my band size is dropping, but so far my cup size has stayed the same, thankfully. Though I am expecting them to increase to at least a D again.

Just my experience thus far... Sorry it doesn't help.
  • msbanana
    msbanana Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    I was a 42DDD not that long ago- I'm now a 38DD... They will shrink (I'm actually concerned now that they may dry up and disappear if I keep on). There is no exercise to MAKE them shrink. Boobs = Fat. Losing Fat = Losing Boobs. How to lose fat? Cardio, strength training (which turns your body into a fat burning machine) and a properly balanced diet with lotsa Protien and Fresh Veggies. Keep that up and Keep the Faith and eventually they'll get smaller. I just wish there was something to keep them from swinging like a. orange in a tubesock. :bigsmile:
  • trish1215
    Options
    When I lose weight they are the first things to go..which i don't mind because they are big enough. But I am not sure you can choose where your weight comes off and I personally don't know of anything that can reduce them other than a reduction surgery. Sorry!
  • soze
    soze Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    I was a 42DDD not that long ago- I'm now a 38DD... They will shrink (I'm actually concerned now that they may dry up and disappear if I keep on). There is no exercise to MAKE them shrink. Boobs = Fat. Losing Fat = Losing Boobs. How to lose fat? Cardio, strength training (which turns your body into a fat burning machine) and a properly balanced diet with lotsa Protien and Fresh Veggies. Keep that up and Keep the Faith and eventually they'll get smaller. I just wish there was something to keep them from swinging like a. orange in a tubesock. :bigsmile:

I think as long as they don't look like those breasts in "Something About Mary" you'll be fine.
  • imarlett
    imarlett Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Chest fly can help strenghten the muscles in your chest. But fat is fat and the only way to get rid of it is to burn it off. Unfortunatley, you cannot spot reduce regardless of popular belief. I am not sure what your specific situation is but I am the same size you are. I will not be able to get smaller than a DD because I have fiberous masses in my breasts that keep them big. If you havent had a mamogram - get one to see what is really "in there". If all else, you can get surgery. Usually the stomach and the boobs are the last to shrink :(.
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    You can't choose where your body burns fat. If you've gone from a 42DDD to a 38DDD, you have lost from your breasts already. The letters may be the same but they are smaller than before. Just keep up with the cardio and it will happen. It could also be that hormones are making your body on to your breast tissue, depending on how longs it's been since you had your last baby or whether or not you're on birth control.
  • bpayne78
    bpayne78 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    If you went from a 42DDD to a 38DDD they actually DID go down some. Just because the cup letter stayed the same doesn't mean the cup is the same size. A 38DDD is the same in cup size as a 40DD and a 36E, they are just different band sizes. I get my bras from bravissimo.com as I am 32 years old and don't want to wear a utilitarian "granny" bra for my size 30G TaTas. Bravissimo has a great site that shows you how to get the right fit and I think it explains the sizing a little better than I can. Their site is the ONLY place I get my bras from both for everyday and sport. They are GREAT people to work with and they always respond quickly to any emailed questions I send their way. Yes it is a little pricey due to currency exchange (they have little flags at the top right of the screen to switch to a different currency) and you have customs fees on top of shipping but to have cute bras ad my size it's worth it!! Give them a look......

http://www.bravissimo.com/perfectfit/default.aspx
  • Sweet13_Princess
    Sweet13_Princess Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    Keep working at losing the weight. When you lose, you lose it everywhere. I totally feel your pain. I'm a 36DD and I can't wait to lose them! I'd be thrilled if I could fit into a C cup. I don't know why anyone would want boobs larger than that. Shopping is a pain and it's SO uncomfortable when you exercise.:-P

Shannon
  • NatalieWinning
    NatalieWinning Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    It does depend on you. For me just loosing all the back and side fat changed my bra size and cup size. But I gain and loose in my bra area first. My oldest daughter has lost almost the same amount of weight and her size was huge, and is still huge. She may eventually go down some, but is obviously going to stay bigger. Mine got bigger with pregnancy and breastfeeding, and grew from a B to a DD. She's never had kids, yet.

It ought to change at least some, no matter what if you are overweight and loose, I would think! Maybe not immediately, and maybe not a lot. Depends on you. Crossing my fingers! It's wonderful not to carry all that weight around on top!
  • jgm379
    jgm379 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Yall all sound blessed. I'm a B usually. When I exercise I don't even fill an A cup.
  • robbienjill
    robbienjill Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    I wish I had the answer 4 ya. I have lost 29lbs. I weigh 114 lbs and wear a size 2/4. My breasts were a 38DD and even now they are still a 34DD...They seem to be the only thing I can not change about myself. I am considering the alternative...reduction:)
  • swerdygnome
    swerdygnome Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat, which in this case happens to be shaped as a 40 DDD bra.....lol. 21 pounds down so far but no change in the "girls". *sigh*.......I too am waiting for the day when I'll be able to purchase a button down shirt without having to worry about it bursting and flying into an innocent bystander's eyeball. A girl can dream right? Good luck to us all, and our poor backs.
  • darkmercury99
    darkmercury99 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Just keep working at it, eventually you will see more changes! My chest has always been the last place I lose weight, but over time I was able to go from a 36G to a 34D. I'd like to be a C cup, but I don't think that's ever going to happen...
  • photochick69
    Options
    Even as a C cup, I still can't buy button down shirts without the fear of them bursting at the buttons...
  • Cheilsea
    Cheilsea Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I would try to do a lot of pectoral exercises.