What's for Christmas dinner??

Options
We're having steak, asparagus & small baked potatoes! Yum.

Replies

• Bound4Kona
    Bound4Kona Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Tonight's menu: Appetizers: Black olive tapenade with goat cheese, spinach spanakopita, broccoli cheese quiche loraine, Dinner: Maple glazed smoked ham, macaroni & cheese with parmesan bread crumbs, pop overs, French loaf, creamed spinach, and cheddar mash potatoes, Dessert: peach ice cream. And I have 4 hours to cook it all. I'm hoping for a Christmas miracle!
  • PennyM140
    PennyM140 Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Fried turkey :-) so yummy
    Smoked Turkey
    Ham
    Mashed potatoes & gravy
    Green Bean casserole
    home made bread
    (probably better come up with a few more veggies)

buttermilk pie
    cherry cheesecake pie
    carrot cake
  • la8ydi
    la8ydi Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    We are going all non-traditional here and having tacos. :-) Ohhhhh and a yummy chocolate silk pie.
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,607 Member
    Options
    Christmas Eve dinner is slow cooker venison, pork and ham, homemade mac and cheese, green bean casserole, glazed carrots, deviled eggs, pecan pie, pumpkin pie, cheesecake, cherry cobbler, and cookies.
    Christmas day: Breakfast casserole then make your own pizzas! Keeping it simple!
    Merry Christmas!
  • patrickblo13
    patrickblo13 Posts: 831 Member
    Options
    Beef Tenderloin
    Salt potatoes
    Green beans

And LOTS of whiskey!
  • MysteriousMerlin
    MysteriousMerlin Posts: 2,270 Member
    Options
    Pizza. :indifferent: I can order pizza any other d*** day of the year.

Don't think I'll be having any. I'll eat at work before I go.
  • cathylopez1975
    cathylopez1975 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Christmas Eve dinner will include 2 different types of chili and beans, a big mixed greens salad, fruit tray, and cornbread muffins. Desserts to be chosen from oatmeal chocolate chip cookies, milk chocolate brownies, pumpkin pie, Rice Crispy treats, and homemade fudge. Yum! Best part, the food will be shared with extended family and friends.
  • tonidarlingx
    tonidarlingx Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Tonight? Home made lasagne.

On christmas day?

Prawn cocktail
    Soup
    Garlic mushrooms
    Potato croquettes
    Turkey
    Mashed potato
    Peas
    Brussel sprouts
    Carrots
    Honey roasted parsnips
    Kilted sausages
    Stuffing
    Apple crumble
    Trifle
    Ice cream
  • Jamileigh221
    Options
    Simply Salmon!! I wanted a dinner this year that will not break the calorie bank, yet will be something totally satisfying and special. (something I do not eat that often). Shrimp and Salmon are my absolute favorite!! I will simply be making a yummy batch of salmon with lemon baked on top. That's enough to flavor it for me! As a side, I will probably get a little fancy and do asparagus or a tomato/mozzarella caprese salad. All of these options are still very healthy! I do not use any oil when I cook... if I need to I use fat free Italian dressing to cook with.
  • FITnFIRM4LIFE
    FITnFIRM4LIFE Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    Lasagna veg and a meat pan.

Salad w/walnut ,berries

Garlic bread

many snacks and Holiday goodies

cocktails and tons of cheer;-)
    Happy Holidays!
  • wbfd22
    wbfd22 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    We have never been traditional wehn it comes to Christmas dinner. So tomorrow night we are having jumbo sea scallops, mushrooms stuffed with garlic and escargot, steak, asparagus, ceaser salad and some wine. Not sure what dessert is just yet :)
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    Christmas Eve (tonight) - various cheeses and meats and crackers, posole, tamales, egg nog, hot cocoa, ice cream, copious amounts of red wine

Christmas (tomorrow) - various cheeses and meats and crackers, standing rib roast, roasted potatoes with au jus made from roast drippings, roasted brussel's sprouts, apple pie, egg nog, copious amounts of red wine
  • carlalovescake
    Options
    Tonight its cheese and crackers, pringles and tiramisu cake :O Oh and mulled wine :D

Tomorrow we are having steak and chips, onion rings, peas and mushrooms followed by homemade chocolate torte and lots of red wine yuuummmmm

We don't have the traditional turkey because we like to spend time together outdoors or playing games rather than in the kitchen!

Happy Christmas!!
  • boymom75
    Options
    Tonight - homemade tamales (tradition since I was little), spanish rice, black beans. Cookies I made last night for dessert...peanut butter kiss, chocolate chip, ginger snaps.

Tomorrow - ham, cheesy potato casserole, green bean bundles, rolls and coconut cream pie!

I love Christmas! :smile:
  • rjgvt
    rjgvt Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Christmas Eve: Chinese food, Fa ra ra ra ra! (From the movie, no offense to anyone)

Christmas day: Ham, some other stuff and................CHEESECAKE!!

New Years Day: Sauerkraut, mashed potatoes and hot dogs. It's a Pennsylvania thing where I grew up. Will also have a pork roast for the non-PA people.
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,592 Member
    Options
    I am half danish and tonight is traditional danish christmas...which I will not be having since I am vegan and nothing is vegan soo I will be eating beet soup & some boiled potatoes instead of all the traditional stuff..one day I shall veganize them for myself

Tomorrow - Tofurky, stuffing, mashed potatoes,mushroom gravy,buns,nanaimo bars, rice dream cocoa marble fudge ice cream, chips & onion dip mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm get in my belly
  • EMTFreakGirl
    EMTFreakGirl Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    I got the reverse of a Christmas bonus...the company paid us early, but shorted me almost 14 hours...so no shopping for Christmas dinner. Instead I shopped out of the freezer. I am throwing together a Hot Italian Sausage-Spaghetti Squash bake, with some ricotta, mozz, and parmesan cheese. Tomato gravy with LOTS of garlic, onion and mushrooms. YUM!
  • Denjo060
    Denjo060 Posts: 1,008
    Options
    Ham
    mashed potatoes
    stuffing
    asparagis wrapped in bacon
    macaroni salad
    baked beans
    gravy
    and peanut butter pie for dessert (maybe)
  • Denjo060
    Denjo060 Posts: 1,008
    Options
    Christmas Eve: Chinese food, Fa ra ra ra ra! (From the movie, no offense to anyone)

Christmas day: Ham, some other stuff and................CHEESECAKE!!

New Years Day: Sauerkraut, mashed potatoes and hot dogs. It's a Pennsylvania thing where I grew up. Will also have a pork roast for the non-PA people.

Hahaha we do chinese buffet for Christmas eve too and pork and sauerkraut with mased potatoes and peas for new years day Im from Pa
  • CynthiaT60
    CynthiaT60 Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    We're having some snacks in the morning (sweet bread and/or cheese and/or smoked salmon and/or wine and/or coffee and/or tea), but dinner is "normal". I mean, what we would eat on a regular day. There is some chocolate mousse for dessert, though.