From the beginning of the year to the end... minus 60+lbs!

Options
2»

Replies

• RedheadQuine
    RedheadQuine Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    In answer to the fibro question, I don't eat processed foods except as the occasional treat. I actually eat a whole foods plant based (vegan) diet now but even before that when I was eating "clean" (basically, just real food!) my fibro was gone. I feel like not eating so many chemicals has really been the key. I've seen some theories that fibromyalgia could be caused by toxicity. I think the weight loss contributed a big part to it as well.

I used to fall asleep on the couch every afternoon, and my back hurt so badly every day I hobbled around like an old lady. I walked with a stick regularly due to knee and hip pain. If my husband so much as hugged me I'd be in pain for 20 minutes or so. Walking up a flight of stairs would leave me out of breath.

And tonight I went to my circuits class, ran around, did push ups, squat thrusts, weighted squats, planks, skipping, and more! I just feel like a whole different person.
  • itzehoe
    itzehoe Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    WOW - AMAZING!
  • dlionsmane
    dlionsmane Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    In answer to the fibro question, I don't eat processed foods except as the occasional treat. I actually eat a whole foods plant based (vegan) diet now but even before that when I was eating "clean" (basically, just real food!) my fibro was gone. I feel like not eating so many chemicals has really been the key. I've seen some theories that fibromyalgia could be caused by toxicity. I think the weight loss contributed a big part to it as well.

I used to fall asleep on the couch every afternoon, and my back hurt so badly every day I hobbled around like an old lady. I walked with a stick regularly due to knee and hip pain. If my husband so much as hugged me I'd be in pain for 20 minutes or so. Walking up a flight of stairs would leave me out of breath.

And tonight I went to my circuits class, ran around, did push ups, squat thrusts, weighted squats, planks, skipping, and more! I just feel like a whole different person.

That really is awesome, I am so happy for you. I never really thought about it but maybe that is why my symptoms never worsened over time - due to the fact that I don't eat processed foods... I mean I am not a 'clean' eater, but my normal diet has always been whole foods mostly veggies and lean meats, organic egg and dairy, as well as fruits and light on the grains and I make everything from scratch... though I do eat chocolate and occasional treats I don't make. I have never had to be medicated for mine, if you don't count the Motrin, Ibuprofen and Advil... LOL...

Anyway good for you! I always wondered if there would be a day I could say it is gone...and I would find myself pain free....maybe I still have hope.
  • 12skipafew99100
    12skipafew99100 Posts: 1,669 Member
    Options
    You are doing fantastic!!! Merry CHristmas! Thanks for sharing!
  • cindyj7
    cindyj7 Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    You are truly inspsiring! You've worked hard, and look amazing! Keep up the good work. :flowerforyou:
  • NorCal311
    NorCal311 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Wonderful work, way to stick with it. You are truly inspirational.
  • jmom376
    jmom376 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! You have done an amazing job in a year. Our stories are very similiar, except I am still struggling with the Fibromyalgia pain, but I have a lot more energy now. I am 5'8", started off at 270, now at 210, and have Fibromyalgia. Also hoping that one day I can be pain free, but my quality of life is definitely a lot better now than it was a year ago. Keep up all of your hard work and I am sure you will get to your goal before you know it.
  • spoiledpuppies
    spoiledpuppies Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    Congratulations - you look great, and it sounds like you are well on your way to achieve your goals. Thanks for sharing!
  • coloredswirls
    Options
    Ah! Congrats!

I love your story. You looked great before and even better at a healthier you.
  • timealready
    Options
    Great Job!! What was your fitness routine? When you first started a year ago...how did you start working out? And what's your routine now?
  • RedheadQuine
    RedheadQuine Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Sorry, wasn't on here much over Christmas and New Year.

As for my fitness routine, well when I started I was doing NO exercise. Even walking up steps tired me out. As I lost more I noticed I could walk more, and in early August I decided to do my first exercise class. My friend had been going for a few weeks and raving about classes so I decided I couldn't let her overtake me in the fitness stakes. ;)

I started with circuits once a week and now like to go 3 times a week if possible. In between I try and do active things with my kids and am going to be doing Couch to 5k. However I twisted my knee so am waiting until that's healed up to give the running another go!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!