I'm a chocaholic..

Options
2»

Replies

• westendcurls
    westendcurls Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    chocaholic... aka woman. lol

I found I don't binge when its high quality dark chcoalte, which btw is actually good for you in moderation. If you haven't already, I highly recommend trying some mint or espresso flavored dark chocolate around 70% coco.
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options
    Lmao you all are ridiculous! It's the sugar you're addicted to. Kick that sugar addiction and you'll be set. A piece of dark chocolate a day might even be good for you, but no more than that. And by a piece I mean like a Dove square :P.

9uACPL8.gif
    :angry:
  • Wilhellmina
    Wilhellmina Posts: 757 Member
    Options
    Lindts 90% is available at Walmart. I currently have a stash of Antidote 100% raw cacao with nibs. Definitely an acquired taste :)

YAY, I love Lindt 90%! Got 3 bars laying in my desk drawer! But I also got low carb 99% bars in my fridge!
  • jeffreyjording
    jeffreyjording Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Lindts 90% is available at Walmart. I currently have a stash of Antidote 100% raw cacao with nibs. Definitely an acquired taste :)

YAY, I love Lindt 90%! Got 3 bars laying in my desk drawer! But I also got low carb 99% bars in my fridge!
    Now that's my kind of Chocoholic :-)
  • lintino
    lintino Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    My name is Linda and I am a chocoholic!

I buy high quality chocolate like Godiva or from a local shop that hand makes their chocolate. I have some every night. It is the promise of that chocolate that keeps me from binging on everything else!!!
  • QuietBloom
    QuietBloom Posts: 5,413 Member
    Options
    There is nothing wrong with liking chocolate. Who makes you feel guilty for eating it? I eat it all the time, I just make sure it fits my macros. :flowerforyou:
  • QuietBloom
    QuietBloom Posts: 5,413 Member
    Options
    Lmao you all are ridiculous! It's the sugar you're addicted to. Kick that sugar addiction and you'll be set. A piece of dark chocolate a day might even be good for you, but no more than that. And by a piece I mean like a Dove square :P.

*snort* Or maybe it's the caffeine? Or, or...the COCO BEANS! Evil coco beans!!
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options

so you diagnose OP as sugar addict, and recommend more sugar…interesting prescription…

thats like saying a crack head can have one bump of cocaine a day, and by one bump I mean one small bump….LOL
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    you are not a chocaholic until you wake up and realize that you sold the house and car for chocolate….then you might have a problem...
  • Wilhellmina
    Wilhellmina Posts: 757 Member
    Options

Now that's my kind of Chocoholic :-)

Haha, you be surprised! It takes me months to finish that :tongue:
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    What's going to happen when chocolate becomes so hard to cultivate it becomes the price of caviar? Do you think theyll make fake chocolate?
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    What's going to happen when chocolate becomes so hard to cultivate it becomes the price of caviar? Do you think theyll make fake chocolate?
    They already do and it's called carob.
  • bdennis1914
    bdennis1914 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Yea maybe just a square a day of dark chocolate, it has health benefits. Ive got no self control either, I've just joined so I hope I can avoid lots of sugar too! Best wishes
  • snusp
    snusp Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    chocaholic... aka woman. lol

I found I don't binge when its high quality dark chcoalte, which btw is actually good for you in moderation. If you haven't already, I highly recommend trying some mint or espresso flavored dark chocolate around 70% coco.

I binge all kind of chocolates, even those I do not really like. And it is not the sugar, as I would never feel like binging sugary snacks without chocolate.
  • mcsweetly
    mcsweetly Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    r_tuck pretty much hit the nail on the head - it's the sugar you're probably addicted to, not the chocolate.

Chocolate itself is pretty healthy. Well, the cocao side of things anyway. Once you start adding sugar and other products, then it goes downhill pretty quickly.

If you do like chocolate, then I suggest sticking to high percentage dark chocolate such as Lindt 85% or higher (I think they make a 90% one as well, but never seen it).

Or alternatively, as I do, make your own, it's not that hard. I mix a 50/50 ration of cacao powder/butter with a bit of stevia and vanilla extract and then pour it into silcon molds and let it harden in the fridge for an hour or so. Adding some dessicated coconut is nice as well, or putting a macadamia into the mold before filling it also is pretty good. They taste very rich and you really can't down a lot of it like normal store bought chocolate before making yourself sick, so it's self limiting in that regard.

Chocolate has many health benefits, so don't give it up, just choose wisely.

All the best

Sam

Wow Sam! I am impressed! I have never thought to make my own!
  • mcsweetly
    mcsweetly Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    My name is Linda and I am a chocoholic!

I buy high quality chocolate like Godiva or from a local shop that hand makes their chocolate. I have some every night. It is the promise of that chocolate that keeps me from binging on everything else!!!

This may be a better plan! I like your thinking Linda!