T.H.E.(Trying Hard Everyday) Team 11/05/10 to 11/11/10

Options
Welcome team.

A week behind us, a new week in front of us. Some familiar faces and some new ones too!

This week, I would like to challenge each of you to set a goal. This one step - choosing a goal and sticking to it - changes everything. People with goals succeed because they know where they're going. Choose a goal that you want to reach this week. It can be drinking all your water, watching your sodium intake, exercising every day or eating all your veggies. It doesn't matter what the goal is, as long as you are committed to the challenge. Throughout the week, lets look at this 1 goal and see what we are doing. Are you struggling? Why? A goal is something you have to try for, not something that happens easily. Think about what you want to accomplish this week and why, then let us know what you are shooting for. And of course, ask for advice from your fellow teamies if you need it.

The holidays are now upon us. What do you want to accomplish before all the dinner parties start?

This is the new thread for the week. If you would like to weigh in and post your stats, please feel free to do so. Our weigh in days are on Fridays (or whichever day you normally weigh in, would be fine), however, some of us choose to measure our success by other means. You are of course welcome to do that as well. As always, please share what you feel comfortable sharing.

If anyone would like to start, (I weigh in on Saturday in the AM.)
The format is

Your ScreenName ~ SW/ GW/ CW = Total pounds lost

SW= your starting weight
GW= your goal weight
CW= current weight

Please use the quote function when posting your stats and copy the previous weigh-in and add your stats to the end of the list. This way we have a running list and it helps everyone to see everyone's results easier.

Welcome to a new week!!! Let's make it a good one. :0)~

Replies

• kelseyleigh30
    Options
    It is been a stressful week. It is the first time that I am not excited about weighing in. TOM is visiting (I think- I have Mirena, so I don't actually really know, I just have a feeling) I am crabby (which isn't like me). I have eaten well and stayed under my calories, and I have exercised, though not as much as I usually do. I am a habitual weigher and up to this point that has been fine b/c I was losing big numbers. I knew that would not last forever, but I have been at the same weight for the last three days which frustrates me. I am not going to let myself get discouraged though. I am going to just kick up my exercising a bit this next week and hopefully my hormones will be back to normal. I am going to Colorado next week for vacation and wanted to lose another 7 lbs from where I am currently, but that probably won't happen now. We will be doing TONS of hiking in Colorado which will be good. We are going to eat healthy when we have meals in the condo, but when we go out to eat, I am not going to restrict myself too much. Hopefully the hiking will make up for the extra calories I am sure I will consume.

I did W2D2 of the C25K today. It actually went very well. I am surprised how my body has responded to running. I am handing it better than I ever thought I would. I will try to do D3 on Saturday.

My goals for this week:

1. Exercise for at least 60 minutes everyday, not necessarily consecutively.
    2. To only weigh myself every other day. I am going to wean myself from the scale ;)
    3. I am going to stay positive and not let myself get down over things that I can't control.

I will see you all tomorrow for weigh-in though it won't be as pretty as I would like!
  • areay22
    areay22 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I'm finding that I crave more of the "bad stuff" when I am tired. I don't stop and think when I'm tired about what I am eating or how much. this is something that I am going to work on. With my job, the hours are hit and miss and sleep is not consistant.

My goal now is my marathon in January.
  • kelseyleigh30
    Options
    SW 296/ GW 190/ CW 263.2= lost 2.4 lbs this week
  • Iffer75
    Iffer75 Posts: 2,817 Member
    Options
    It is been a stressful week. It is the first time that I am not excited about weighing in. TOM is visiting (I think- I have Mirena, so I don't actually really know, I just have a feeling) I am crabby (which isn't like me). I have eaten well and stayed under my calories, and I have exercised, though not as much as I usually do. I am a habitual weigher and up to this point that has been fine b/c I was losing big numbers. I knew that would not last forever, but I have been at the same weight for the last three days which frustrates me. I am not going to let myself get discouraged though. I am going to just kick up my exercising a bit this next week and hopefully my hormones will be back to normal. I am going to Colorado next week for vacation and wanted to lose another 7 lbs from where I am currently, but that probably won't happen now. We will be doing TONS of hiking in Colorado which will be good. We are going to eat healthy when we have meals in the condo, but when we go out to eat, I am not going to restrict myself too much. Hopefully the hiking will make up for the extra calories I am sure I will consume.

I did W2D2 of the C25K today. It actually went very well. I am surprised how my body has responded to running. I am handing it better than I ever thought I would. I will try to do D3 on Saturday.

My goals for this week:

1. Exercise for at least 60 minutes everyday, not necessarily consecutively.
    2. To only weigh myself every other day. I am going to wean myself from the scale ;)
    3. I am going to stay positive and not let myself get down over things that I can't control.

I will see you all tomorrow for weigh-in though it won't be as pretty as I would like!

Hey 2.4 lbs is AWESOME!!! I know you are use to more at a time, but you are doing so amazing. Don't kick yourself too hard for that. And on top of that you are now running. Now, when would you have ever thought that you would be running? You have accomplished so much in these last few weeks. Just remember all the good things that you are doing for yourself and your body. You have set some very good goals for this week. I know how hard it can be to not weigh yourself everyday. I do that on occasion and most of the time I do that, I get frustrated. Once a week is the best, or even once a month. I know that sounds crazy, but if you look at it like this: Weigh in when you do your measurements. During the course of the month, just feel how good you are doing, how your jeans are fitting better and your shirts not so tight. And how physically you are able to do so much more than you were a month ago. Really, you have come such a long way, take that into consideration when you are upset with a lower number than you want to lose on a weekly basis.

Have fun in Colorado next week. That sounds like so much fun. I am jealous. :blushing: I have been to Colorado 2 times. The last time was to Winter Park and I attempted to Snowboard. Had to take lessons. I didn't do too bad, but I also was not in shape. Now that I am in much better shape, I would love to go again and see how I do. I can't wait to hear all about your adventures. :bigsmile:
  • Iffer75
    Options
    I'm finding that I crave more of the "bad stuff" when I am tired. I don't stop and think when I'm tired about what I am eating or how much. this is something that I am going to work on. With my job, the hours are hit and miss and sleep is not consistent.

My goal now is my marathon in January.

I do know how you feel. These last few nites I have been wanting to eat more than normal. I just drink my Green Tea and then brush my teeth so I don't want to have that nasty taste on my food. LOL Try to find something to get your mind off of the food when you feel the need to raid the fridge. Do some laundry, get out the vacuum or something, just to get your mind off it. I would recommend a short walk, but now that the weather is much colder, unless you have a dreadmill. :bigsmile:

How is your training going for your marathon???
  • Iffer75
    Options
    Well, I did my 6 miler this morning. It went pretty well considering I was running in a different town and it was 29 degrees out. Once I started running though, it was not so bad. Only when we were heading in the direction was coming. BBBRRRR!!! I stayed steady with a 11:10 pace, which is not bad for me. I went into Burlington this morning and we started our run at 5:30 this morning. One of the guys would actually run ahead with the others and then come back to me for a while and did that a couple of times. It was really nice of him to babysit me and I told him that. LOL He is the one I have been talking to for the last couple of weeks about shoes and my training. He was very helpful this morning. I decided to fill up my fuel belt and go with a new weight to get use to. I figure I better get use to it now, that way when the race comes, I won't even know it is there.

I am feeling really good with my running and TurboFire. I am amazed at how my body feels. I am still not where I want to be, but I really can't complain. I am so much better off now, than I was 2 years ago. I know this may sound silly, but I am now able to feel my hips when I am laying down and when I am running. To me that is a good thing. They use to be hidden by a layer of fat and now that that is gone I am feeling a little more confident in myself. So when I go to my first day of work on Monday, I will walk in with confidence. That is always a good thing.

Well, I will do my weigh in tomorrow. Have a great Friday everybody and will talk to you all again soon. :drinker:
  • areay22
    areay22 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I will try that. I love being outside even if it is cold.

The training is going o.k. I couldn't get out and run this week because i was subbing all morning spin classes. I have a long run tomorrow, so I'll let you know how that goes. I'm loving it because it gives me a goal to work towards.

You're inspiring. I wish I had someone here to workout with.
  • kelseyleigh30
    Options
    Well, I did my 6 miler this morning. It went pretty well considering I was running in a different town and it was 29 degrees out. Once I started running though, it was not so bad. Only when we were heading in the direction was coming. BBBRRRR!!! I stayed steady with a 11:10 pace, which is not bad for me. I went into Burlington this morning and we started our run at 5:30 this morning. One of the guys would actually run ahead with the others and then come back to me for a while and did that a couple of times. It was really nice of him to babysit me and I told him that. LOL He is the one I have been talking to for the last couple of weeks about shoes and my training. He was very helpful this morning. I decided to fill up my fuel belt and go with a new weight to get use to. I figure I better get use to it now, that way when the race comes, I won't even know it is there.

I am feeling really good with my running and TurboFire. I am amazed at how my body feels. I am still not where I want to be, but I really can't complain. I am so much better off now, than I was 2 years ago. I know this may sound silly, but I am now able to feel my hips when I am laying down and when I am running. To me that is a good thing. They use to be hidden by a layer of fat and now that that is gone I am feeling a little more confident in myself. So when I go to my first day of work on Monday, I will walk in with confidence. That is always a good thing.

Well, I will do my weigh in tomorrow. Have a great Friday everybody and will talk to you all again soon. :drinker:

It is in the 60's here and we consider it pretty cold. Gotta love Texas! I think my lungs would burn to run in 29 degree weather. I am so proud of you for challenging yourself and accomplishing it! You are on fire. You are one of my biggest ispirations!
  • Iffer75
    Options
    It is in the 60's here and we consider it pretty cold. Gotta love Texas! I think my lungs would burn to run in 29 degree weather. I am so proud of you for challenging yourself and accomplishing it! You are on fire. You are one of my biggest ispirations!

I did feel it this morning. My lungs were a burning a little, but nothing I could not handle. We were discussing our perfect running conditions and I think mine is between 41 and 50 degrees. Just cool and warm enough for a great run.

Do you know what snow is??? LOL Just kidding. I love the cooler weather, it gets me in a very happy mood. I love wearing sweaters. :bigsmile:
  • CricketKate
    CricketKate Posts: 3,657 Member
    Options
    I would like to join this thread. My goal for the week is tracking all of my food. So far, so good. I'm down 2 lbs.
  • Iffer75
    Options
    I would like to join this thread. My goal for the week is tracking all of my food. So far, so good. I'm down 2 lbs.

Welcome Cricket, we are glad you are here. 2 pounds is fantastic. Keep up the great work. We are here to help if you have any questions and to cheer you on. :bigsmile:
  • Iffer75
    Options
    KALTGELT SW 296/ GW 190/ CW 263.2= lost 2.4 lbs this week
    jjtonic75 SW 206.8 GW 165.0 CW 167.4 Lost 1.4 pounds this week.

WHOOOHOOO!!! I am almost to goal. So excited, I can see the light at the end of the tunnel.

I hope everyone has a great weekend. :bigsmile:
  • egam
    egam Posts: 127
    Options
    Hello All

Well I'm back! Not that I went away, things have just been really stressful and I couldn't deal with weight stuff. I should probably let you all know that I have an eating disorder, so sometimes I get a little obsessed with this kind of stuff. But I'm doing better now.

My goals for this week are three fold
    1) Log all my food
    2) Comment on the thread everyday (I'm feeling like I got out of touch)
    3) Stick to my running schedule ( at least 3 times a week)

Fantastic job on the weight lose everybody! I'm so proud!
  • kelseyleigh30
    Options
    Hello All

Well I'm back! Not that I went away, things have just been really stressful and I couldn't deal with weight stuff. I should probably let you all know that I have an eating disorder, so sometimes I get a little obsessed with this kind of stuff. But I'm doing better now.

My goals for this week are three fold
    1) Log all my food
    2) Comment on the thread everyday (I'm feeling like I got out of touch)
    3) Stick to my running schedule ( at least 3 times a week)

I am so glad that you are back! I am sorry to hear that things have been rough, but you know we are always here if you need anything. Your goals seem very realisitic and I have no doubt that you can acheive them. I hope things start looking up for you.

This week has been a better week for me so far. The lbs have started to come off again. After 4 days with no movement, I was getting pretty anxious. I did W2D3 of the C25K program yesterday, but I am a little nervous to start week 3. I walked for 2.5 miles today and rode the bike for 30 minutes this evening. My body has been pretty worn out though. I think tomorrow I am going to stick to the bike so I feel fresh for W3D1 on Wednesday.

I hope everyone is doing well and congrats on everyone's weight loss this past weigh-in! JJ- you are just killing it!

Fantastic job on the weight lose everybody! I'm so proud!
  • Iffer75
    Options
    Egam, glad that you are back. We are always here for you. Just remember that. :flowerforyou:

You have some good goals. Can't wait to see how you are doing with them. Keep up the good work. :bigsmile:
  • egam
    Options
    ahh bought a new high impact sports bra....best thing that ever happened to me!!!
  • egam
    Options
    hello!

So far the goals are going pretty well. I've logged all my food and run twice this week! I took tonight off because I had tap class.

How is everyone else doing on their week goals?
  • kelseyleigh30
    Options
    I have done good with 2 out of the 3 of my goals. I just can't seem to stay off of the scale. I had a slow week last week, but the numbers have dropping like crazy this week. I am actually excited for weigh-in tomorrow. I leave Saturday morning for my Colorado vacation, so although I am going to be hiking and exercising like crazy, I am not going to completely restrict my eating. Hopefully I will stay under my calorie goal everyday. I will see you all tomorrow at weigh-in!
  • Iffer75
    Options
    hello!

So far the goals are going pretty well. I've logged all my food and run twice this week! I took tonight off because I had tap class.

How is everyone else doing on their week goals?

Hey glad to hear about the new sports bra. I am sure the girls are much happier now. :wink:

Are you running just to run or are you training for an upcoming race? Great job on sticking with your goals. You are doing AWESOME!!! :bigsmile:
  • Iffer75
    Options
    I have done good with 2 out of the 3 of my goals. I just can't seem to stay off of the scale. I had a slow week last week, but the numbers have dropping like crazy this week. I am actually excited for weigh-in tomorrow. I leave Saturday morning for my Colorado vacation, so although I am going to be hiking and exercising like crazy, I am not going to completely restrict my eating. Hopefully I will stay under my calorie goal everyday. I will see you all tomorrow at weigh-in!

At least you are working hard to attain your goals and you know what you are and aren't doing to get them. Try to make an effort with the third one, scale watching today. Have someone hide the scale from you. I have my husband do it for me all the time. That way you have no way to use it. Keep up the great work. :bigsmile: