Did/Will you go over your calories for Christmas?

Options
I kinda did, but I can't even feel guilty about it. I had my workout this morning and tonight I had the best dinner (not much in quanity) but it's like I tried everything. I got over my calories with 300/400 I think? I will make up for it next week. Merry Christmas y'all!

Replies

• 12skipafew99100
    12skipafew99100 Posts: 1,669 Member
    Options
    No, I didn't. I couldn't. I wouldn't. How could you?
  • MysteriousMerlin
    MysteriousMerlin Posts: 2,270 Member
    Options
    Don't plan on it, unless there's some good fudge or a nice big piece of cheesecake hanging around.
  • Joannesmith2818
    Joannesmith2818 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    I will defo go over but won't be going mad like pretty much every other Xmas in my life. Straight back on it for Boxing Day though!
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 9,988 Member
    Options
    I will go over. Probably by about 1300-1400 over my normal deficit-level goal, and probably by 600-700 over my maintenance level. I won't feel guilty, even if it's more than that. Why would I feel guilty? It's not like I'm shooting somebody or cheating on my taxes or my spouse. It's a goal I've set myself, to aim for as an average in any given week, and I'm allowed to change my mind for a day, or allow it to slightly increase my average for the week (I should still be at a deficit for the week).
  • pierrena
    Options
    "You cannot achieve environmental security and human development without addressing the basic issues of health and nutrition."
    Gro Harlem Brundtland

Does Water Burn Belly Fat? - The Truth Revealed!
    http://bit.ly/1c586tx
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    I am anticipating being at maintenance or slightly below/over that…either way no biggy..I will probably go for a run at some point tomorrow just to get my burn up a little...
  • iheartbiology
    iheartbiology Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I just won't track...
    What I don't know, won't hurt me, right?
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    I just won't track...
    What I don't know, won't hurt me, right?

Absolutely.

I am also following this fool-proof plan!
  • scottishsenorita
    Options
    I will on Christmas Day but then will be back on it :)
  • darrensurrey
    darrensurrey Posts: 3,942 Member
    Options
    :laugh:

I will definitely go over and with no guilt nor fear nor anger (unless I break a tooth on a piece of turkey bone) because I spent the last year eating to my goals.
  • Kellllog
    Kellllog Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I'll be eating at maintenance rather than a deficit Christmas Eve & Day and Boxing Day - then back into deficit.
  • helenlovesruby
    helenlovesruby Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I'm worried that if I start overeating again I won't stop!
  • rabblerabble
    rabblerabble Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    It may be inevitable since so much of the next few days will be spent at gatherings away from home. I'm just going to watch portion sizes, log food based on my best 'guesses' and enjoy time with loved ones. Then come Thursday morning I'll go back to my usual routine.
  • ladymiseryali
    ladymiseryali Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    Yup! But I did burn a lot of calories at work today, so I don't feel bad. It's the holidays. I don't cheat often.
  • MaryJane_8810002
    MaryJane_8810002 Posts: 2,082 Member
    Options
    I already blew my calories on whole wheat buffalo wings and whole wheat mac and cheese so that is a yes!
  • AshlynG923
    AshlynG923 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    No doubt. Today and tomorrow will be filled to so much delicious food I can't wait!!! Dec. 26 I'll be back to my normal routine.
  • caroluherek
    caroluherek Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I totally plan on enjoying my Christmas including the food and maybe even a little wine. I will have a little of everything, moderation is key. Its just one day and its a day meant to be enjoyed. I have found in the past if I don't participate in the meal like the rest of my family I start feeling sorry for myself and then end up eating way more as a result.

Merry Christmas everyone :smile:
  • kcasey155
    kcasey155 Posts: 968 Member
    Options
    Totally! I've taken this week off of tracking. I figured if I couldn't enjoy Christmas and a few indulgences then what's the point? So what if I end up with an extra pound or two to lose? I've lost 22lb recently and plan to lose at least the same again in 2014. If I'm consistently healthy most of the year then I deserve birthdays, Easter and Christmas off :happy:
  • EMTFreakGirl
    EMTFreakGirl Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    Going skiing for Christmas...no way in h3ll I am going to be able to eat back all those "exercise calories." I plan on being way under tomorrow, so much so that I may even have a Christmas treat! I'm thinking a yummy adult beverage, or three!
    ETA: I am packing my cooler with extra goodies as well. I plan on eating approximately 2000 calories tomorrow, mostly good ones! I made up a spaghetti squash/hot italian sausage bake, am taking some cheese (what a treat!) some string cheese, and a couple greek yogurts, along with 2 protein shakes "diluted" in 2 liters of water. Should keep me fueled and hydrated!
  • SexyLovinmeCook
    SexyLovinmeCook Posts: 1,393 Member
    Options
    Yes...but it is all about balancing....A great workout in the A.M. nutritional Breakfast/Snack and good Christmas Eats for dinner.... That's why I consider it a lifestyyle