Fave Vegetable

Options
What's your fave vegetable and fave way to prepare it? :) Mine are cooked brussel sprouts prepared in olive oil, garlic and lemon juice!

Replies

• Querky
    Querky Posts: 22
    Options
    Steamed broccoli. Yummmm!
  • NutritionDivaRD
    NutritionDivaRD Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    Hmmmmm.....it would be either raw petite baby carrots OR steamed broccoli tossed in minced garlic and olive oil.....yummmmmmmm
  • caitlinclock
    caitlinclock Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    This question is impossible because I love so many veggies so much! I also love brussel sprouts except I boil them first then cook them like you said. I like them softer.

I also love broccoli with seasoning on it!

I guess my mood today would say a HUGE salad with all different veggies in it!
  • sblowes
    sblowes Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I'm definitely new to the vegetable thing, having avoided them like the plague my whole life. But I've really been enjoying root vegetables; carrots, potatoes, onions, parsnips, etc.
  • Chrissun
    Chrissun Posts: 148
    Options
    Red peppers are one of my favorite...just cut into strips and eaten raw.
    Romaine lettuce is a staple, I really do enjoy salad.
  • Skinnyme87
    Options
    Raw broccoli or even cooked but I really prefer it to be raw yumm
  • pamelasusan
    pamelasusan Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Recently gotten into the whole squash family and loving it!
  • kuntrygurl
    Options
    Cucumber, peeled and sliced, plain... YUM!
  • PAnn1
    PAnn1 Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    I love roasted root vegetables, baked with Mrs. Dash Garlic & Herb seasoning then sprinkled with a little parmesan cheese just before eating..Mmmmmmm.
  • Magenta15
    Magenta15 Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    brussel sprouts with bacon and onion

cauliflower (see my posts cauliflower rice and cauli crust pizza)

cucumbers,

peas and carrots...

hell i like them all lol
  • kasmir8199
    kasmir8199 Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    I love yams. Just bake them in the oven and eat them as they are.

Potatoes = yum! I do know I should shy away from them as much as I can.
    Broccoli = yum! Raw or steamed (plain)
    Baby Carrots = yum! (if I eat them with hummus)
    Corn = super yum! (boiled)
    Bell Peppers = my favorite ingredient in most of my meals!! Also, good raw with hummus (far less cals than veggie dip)
    Red Onions = great oven roasted
    Mushrooms = love 'em any way I can get 'em!

As much as I love a wide variety of veggies, I really should eat them more!!! lol
  • mzenzer
    mzenzer Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    Sweet Potatoes either baked in the oven or wrapped in foil and cooked in the coals in my chiminea, then with smart balance butter and cinnamon.
  • 123gonnareachit
    Options
    Potatos and Corn :)
  • MiloBloom83
    MiloBloom83 Posts: 2,723 Member
    Options
    Asparagus sautee'd in olive oil w/salt & pepper. Awesome!
  • WTFitness
    WTFitness Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Baked butternut squash! mmmmmm
  • BethFox
    BethFox Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Brussel sprouts with chopped onion coated in olive oil, kosher salt, and fresh pepper. Roasted in the oven at 350 till tender and golden. This is also good for zucchini, potatoes, carrots, bell peppers or a mixture.

Corn on the cob. Don't even take it out the husk just chuck it in a 400 degree oven and cook for about a half hour.

Fresh green beans sauteed in olive and garlic.

Fresh from the garden tomatoes in a vinaigrette with feta.
  • qwho
    qwho Posts: 157
    Options
    I need as many detailed delicious recipes for fixing veggies as possible, as I mainly eat canned or frozen veggies
    (and not enough of them) ... I can fixed stuffed peppers, and that's about it.

I need to know ways to fix asparagus (have never had) , squash, spinach (have never had) brussel sprouts (have never had), etc

I am a novice, and please include recipes that include veggies in them too (pasta, rice)

I don't even eat salads, I don't like lettuce, so cooked veggies are the way to go for me
    the only veggies I like raw are tomatoes (on nachos, lol) and onion, that's about it

I don't know how to use fresh garlic either

and thanks!
  • LisaGamerGirl
    Options
    most veggies taste good cooked in a pan with a little olive oil and garlic :)
    btw, canned veggies are not great because they are stored in a lot of sodium, but frozen are good because the veggies are usually frozen at the peak where they hold all their nutrition.
    garlic can be used to saute things in a pan... you just chop it up and cook it with the olive oil :)
    i suggest you start with an omelette!!
    cook a bunch of veggies in a pan with olive oil heating (peppers, mushrooms, onions, spinach...) and when the veggies have cooked you can add some eggs and a lil cheese and stir it all around! i call mine a veglette because i eat more veggies than egg and i love it. hope this helps a bit!!
  • SweetPandora
    SweetPandora Posts: 660 Member
    Options
    Picking just one is hard!

My favourite would be broccoli, raw or steamed.

It really depends on the time of year. In the cooler weather I love squash and brussell sprouts and in the warm weather I love grilled corn on the cob and spinach salads.

Karen
  • RachVR6
    RachVR6 Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    Steamed BROCCOLI and CAULIFLOWER! Yum!!! :love: