Exercise on Christmas day. Why or why not?

Options

Replies

• rphorn5
    Options
    I ran 4 miles today. Was on my schedule to run so why not.
  • DiabolicBooger
    DiabolicBooger Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    everyone in this forum has a positive attitude about exercise! fantastic! no one in here has stated that they would not exercise through this "holiday season" or until sometime after new years eve. some people have what it takes and others don't. u all seem to have what it takes. Good job fitness pals.
  • itsforme1106
    itsforme1106 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Heading to the fitness center with my workout buddy later this afternoon. I fully anticipate there will be others there as well.
  • RECowgill
    RECowgill Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    Every day is workout day.
  • lunglady
    lunglady Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    I guess it depends on how you view exercise.

All I want for Christmas is an hour to myself to go for a run. But I enjoy running.
  • goldfinger88
    goldfinger88 Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    To me it's just another day and even if it weren't I'd get some form of exercise in and I'd sure get all the movement in my day that I could and not use any day as an excuse to not take care of myself. I can't speak for others, but if a person has an opportunity to get and stay fit, they ought to take it, regardless of what day it is.
  • CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Options
    I scheduled today my Rest Day and I have a game plan of eating as close to 10,000 calories today (came close yesterday at 9700) and logging them all... It will be back to business as usual tomorrow with Heavy Leg day to take advantage of 2 days of all this carb loading..... lol Merry Christmas All.....
  • lqmustang
    lqmustang Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Wanted to run this morning but at 15 degrees outside I couldn't muster the motivation. Did get a 45 minute mix of weights and cardio in a little bit ago tho so all is good.
  • whitebalance
    whitebalance Posts: 1,654 Member
    Options
    My weight workout went a bit over last night... Finished at 12:40am... So I think I already did. :bigsmile: I had my usual morning walk and I'll get in a few more miles walking during the day. Legs aren't ready to run this soon.
  • whitebalance
    whitebalance Posts: 1,654 Member
    Options
    I scheduled today my Rest Day and I have a game plan of eating as close to 10,000 calories today (came close yesterday at 9700) and logging them all... It will be back to business as usual tomorrow with Heavy Leg day to take advantage of 2 days of all this carb loading..... lol Merry Christmas All.....
    DAY-UM. :drinker:
  • Sandytoes71
    Sandytoes71 Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    Im not logging my foods today, but i will be exercising :) I started a small group among my mfp friends where i challenged myself and others to do at least 35 minutes of exercise everyday until January 6. Im trying to make this a habit. I feel much better if i at least exercise even if i have a bad eating day.
  • JJordon
    JJordon Posts: 857 Member
    Options
    Why.

Because its just another day like any other.
  • brenn24179
    brenn24179 Posts: 2,144 Member
    Options
    you are inspiring me, why not? It is cold here but dressing warm and going for that walk! Glad I am not sick and feel like doing it (well kind of).
  • workout_ninja
    workout_ninja Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    I ran a 4 mile run this morning using my new Garmin Forerunner 10!! And now I am sitting after eating a measured out meal. The meal was measured out but I still went waaaaaay over! and I dont feel at all guilty because its christmas day and I ran!!
  • _Giselle_
    Options
    Like I said in the other thread today isn't a big deal to me because I'm Scandinavian and we don't do Christmas Day, only Christmas Eve. I spent nearly 2 hours at the gym yesterday morning - so on our Christmas. That 1000+ calorie burn yesterday just meant I could eat what I wanted to eat without feeling bad about it. It was definitely a reward and a gift to myself. Plus I find working out relaxing.
  • JL2513
    JL2513 Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    Most definitely exercising! I have not changed my workout routine during the break and have moved some of my workout days to accommodate my social plans. I'm working out today because I have a Christmas dinner tonight and have switched today's rest day for tomorrow. Maintaining my weight is one of my top priorities this Christmas.
  • BiancaCaputi23
    BiancaCaputi23 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    If you can fit it in why not. I did a 5 mile run while my kids are at their grandparents. Thinking that you shouldn't is what makes so many gain weight during the holidays
  • sloane70
    sloane70 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I am on my way to the gym in 10 minutes :) For me, a day off is a day where I can go to the gym and enjoy my workout without worrying about getting to work on time, or about coming down off of a hard day at work. I'm also solo this holiday (at least until dinner with friends this evening), so going to the gym also gets me off my *kitten* (and out of the self-pity cycle that I can occasionally slip into) and out of the house.
  • crazie4lulu
    crazie4lulu Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    i do a split 3 day run schedule. if my day falls on Christmas... then i run. just like i did this morning.
  • Chizakura
    Chizakura Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I definitely do exercise on Christmas. I got up at today 6:45A and was out the door at 7AM to go on a 6km hike. Then I did today's arm+ab challenge from a 30 day challenge I'm working on. By 9AM I already did a respectable amount of exercise :) Just waiting for the family to arrive so we can open presents, and then hopefully go for a second hike with the family before dinner.

I enjoy my hikes, so it's a fun thing for me to do on my day off, so it's no fight to make myself do it. Plus on Christmas it's pretty typical to go to town with the indulging, so doing some exercise to undo some of it makes me feel less guilty, therefore enjoying the holiday. :D