grams to ounces

Options
How do you convert ounces to grams? Would 1 ounce be equal to 55 grams?! I found a food in the data base that I ate, but it's calculated by grams!

Replies

• jemara49
    jemara49 Posts: 23
    Options
    How do you convert ounces to grams? Would 1 ounce be equal to 55 grams?! I found a food in the data base that I ate, but it's calculated by grams!
  • obliged
    obliged Posts: 465
    Options
    google it,
    i have to do that for everything on this site

this is what i came up with

1 ounce = 28.3495231 grams
  • Katy009
    Katy009 Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    It depends on what you ate. What is the food? Not all foods have the same density.
  • sftbutterflykiss
    sftbutterflykiss Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    this is a great question.. thats is one thing that irritates me.. is that i measure usning oz or cup sizes... not grams.. but my ww does do grams... i forget that..but sometimes i dont long in.. until after i eat.. then its to late to measure in grams.. i have to reenter in my measurements..:ohwell:
  • bishop7705
    Options
    1 cup = 8 ounces

1 fluid ounce = ~30 miligrams

There is a difference between ounces (which add up to pounds) and fluid ounces (which add up to gallons); metric system is far superior. :devil:

Density has no bearing these kinds of measurements for this purpose; a cup of jello is a 1:1 proportion to a cup of grain, because its still a cup of each item; mass isn't what's measured .
  • Katy009
    Katy009 Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    1 cup = 8 ounces

1 fluid ounce = ~30 miligrams

There is a difference between ounces (which add up to pounds) and fluid ounces (which add up to gallons); metric system is far superior. :devil:

Density has no bearing these kinds of measurements for this purpose; a cup of jello is a 1:1 proportion to a cup of grain, because its still a cup of each item; mass isn't what's measured .

She asked for a measurement from ounces to GRAMS. I have no idea what she ate...could be olive oil for all I know......so until I know what she ate, I don't know that is has no BEARING. And since I measure EVERYTHING in grams, thought I might know the answer once I knew the food.