I know it's Christmas, but what are your goals for 2014?

Options
I lost 69 pounds last year & this time last year I could hardly walk. I now am off arthritis medicine, & just began running a little, so I plan to do at least two 5ks & plan to sign up for a 4 mile run.

Replies

• veggiebuckeye
    veggiebuckeye Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    First off congratulations to you, you should be very proud! My goal is to stay on my current fitness path and continue to achieve new fitness levels. And on a side note finally become a millionaire.
  • Frank_Just_Frank
    Frank_Just_Frank Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    Lose the last 30 pounds and make up for lost time!
  • sarahrbraun
    sarahrbraun Posts: 2,261 Member
    Options
    I lost 69 pounds last year & this time last year I could hardly walk. I now am off arthritis medicine, & just began running a little, so I plan to do at least two 5ks & plan to sign up for a 4 mile run.

i would like to lose 30-45 more pounds to get down to a healthy weight...increase my running/sprinting speed...learn some olympic lifts...get my PT certification.
  • trisH_7183
    trisH_7183 Posts: 1,486 Member
    Options
    My goal is to keep on keeping on.Very much a 1st for me.Eating one cookie used to knock me off the rails.
    This time I.'m slow but steady.
  • Richardson62617
    Richardson62617 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Mine is to lose between 25 to 35 more pounds..Ive already lost 53 pounds in the last 8 months so hopefully by half way threw the year I will have the last of what I need off to be at a healthy weight and be in a normal BMI then time to work on toning :)
  • pinkhairedsweetie
    Options
    My goal is to finally win my battle with my compulsive over eating disorder. I have struggled with it for over 40 years and was finally diagnosed. It is so nice to find out it was not just a lack of willpower and my failure. Now I can finally work with a team that will help me get over the shame I lived with. 2014 is going to be a stellar year regardless of what the scale says. freedom from shame.
  • sarahg148
    sarahg148 Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    Lose 15-20 lbs and firm up. Move closer to work and get out of debt! :bigsmile:
  • Jenna299
    Options
    To continue logging my food using MFP (good or bad) and get a greater understanding of what different types of meals have on my energy/fitness level. I fully intend to continue losing weight and add endurance to my workouts.
  • fat2fitdancody
    fat2fitdancody Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    I have a major goal but I'm not telling anyone unless it happens. A couple of the others are:

Win the 3 month transformation competition my gym is holding.

Get into good enough shape to go swimming for the first time as an adult.
  • kaylorraine44
    kaylorraine44 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I plan on losing the last 13 pounds and running my first half-marathon!
  • JuliRamone
    JuliRamone Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    I want to be fit again - not the fitness meaning of fit, just fit enough to rock my studies and my normal life.
    And, I want to lose 30lbs and feel healthy and good looking :)
  • SlimToBeSara
    Options
    My main goal is to get back to my healthy eating and workouts. 5 weeks ago I had surgery so I am unsure if i am safe to start my workouts again (gallbladder removal via keyhole)
  • Ejourneys
    Ejourneys Posts: 1,603 Member
    Options

Congratulations! Well done!

My goals are:

1. Keep maintaining (continue my healthy eating and exercise habits), and ditch my "lifelong yo-yo" syndrome.
    2. Return to running (already begun) and continue training for a 5K -- I've registered for one in March.
    3. Repeat the 9/11 Memorial Fitness Challenge (climbing 110 flights of stairs), which I did this past September.
    4. "Reach" the Republic of Nauru in my Virtual Ride Around the Equator by the end of 2014. That would mean I've crossed the 8,000-mile mark on my mini-bike since Sept. 1, 2012. (I'm currently at 4533.25.)
    5. Keep taking MOOCs.
    6. Keep on with leisure reading and creative pursuits.
    7. Carpe diem.
  • Illona88
    Illona88 Posts: 903 Member
    Options
    Go fully vegan.
    Lose the last 10kg.
    Take up yoga.
    Find a less stressful job (I binge when I am stressed).
  • rduhlir
    rduhlir Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    4 half marathons, possibly 5.

Every race in the Off Road Series here.

Lose another 25 lbs, that will put me right at goal.

Finish NROL4W...all stages.
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    pick up where I left off in 2013
  • veggiebuckeye
    veggiebuckeye Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Go fully vegan.
    Lose the last 10kg.
    Take up yoga.
    Find a less stressful job (I binge when I am stressed).

I was vegan for four years so if you need a little help let me know!
  • Mr_Starr
    Mr_Starr Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    ~ Increase my fitness
    ~ Run in two events (I have not started running yet as I am still too fat)
    ~ Continue to lose weight and find my ideal/goal* weight.

* I have no idea what my ideal or goal weight is. According to the BMI charts I have always been 'overweight' as an adult. Although in reality until my 30s i was really way to thin. In my 20s I got sick and hospitalized a few times because I was to 'skinny' (very low body fat - although hard to tell with cloths one because i had good muscles), enough to impact immune system. I was under doctor’s orders to increase my weight. I was active, fairly athletic and did have a nice washboard/6-pack. Doh! Which all went away in my 30s as i gradually put on fat year after year. So now my goal is to get down close to the weight I was last time I had washboard abs (which i will still be overweight according to BMI), then i will seek help (doctor?) in figuring out what my target weight should be.
  • wanttobeskinny1212
    Options
    congratulations:) Mine are to Iose the pounds ive put on over christmas and to run a 10k race