I know it's Christmas, but what are your goals for 2014?

Options

Replies

• AngelChini
    AngelChini Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Do a 5K and also get a flat stomach by my birthday!!(:
    I hope I can do it!
  • mozambique729
    Options
    Log in my food and exercise every day and STICK TO THE PLAN. I want to meet small goals of 1-2 lbs a week until I've reached my goal. Eat better, exercise more. Sound familiar? Oh, and stay motivated.
  • AmyWininger
    AmyWininger Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    This year, I've lost 26 pounds. I didn't really even get serious until August. I'm hoping 2014, I can lose another 20, and look and feel how I want to. :) Hoping that when college starts I'll stay on track and do well in that as well. And make some friends... Live life. :)
  • nikkylyn
    nikkylyn Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    No Soda. I quit for a while but holidays...
    Reach gw and maintain.
    Perfect the pullup.
    Reduce body fat%
    Exercise 5x week
  • hbk991
    hbk991 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Lose the 8 pounds left to achieve my ultimate goal plus the pound/pounds i gained in christmas and the ones ill gain in new years, and go all gym, need to build muscles all the way, and ofcourse still being awesome at university and get better as a person.
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,585 Member
    Options
    lose the last 25-30 pounds to get to my ultimate goal weight by my birthday in may
  • Shawshankcan
    Shawshankcan Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    600lb deadlift should be achieved in march.
  • MinimalistShoeAddict
    MinimalistShoeAddict Posts: 1,946 Member
    Options
    My long term goals include completing a Full Ironman Triathlon, recording a Boston Marathon Qualifying Time and being able to complete 10 consecutive one arm pull ups and 10 consecutive handstand push-ups.

All four will be difficult. This year I hope to accomplish two of the four goals above. I am keeping which two a secret for now.

More easily attainable goals include running every single day of the year and improving my PRs for the squat, deadlift, overhead press, barbell row and bench press plus running my first ultra marathon.
  • shany_lee27
    Options
    Long term goal for the year: lose 40 more pounds, exercise more
    Think more positively
  • darrensurrey
    darrensurrey Posts: 3,942 Member
    Options
    Stay lean, get bigger.
  • angeeishere
    angeeishere Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Mine is to lose those last 20 pounds and be more active. No problem to lose the 20 but the motivation for physical activity is the difficult thing for me.
  • boymom75
    Options
    I need to lose these last 20 pounds!! Lost about 70 three years ago and just cannot seem to get that same motivation back.
    I did it all on my own - calorie counting/exercise, it wasn't on MFP, I just journaled what I ate, etc...

I would like to firm up if possible, I'm new to this weight/strength training thing but I know's there's muscles in this body somewhere! lol :wink:
  • Love4fitnesslove4food2
    Options
    I have mini goals....

Most immediately, I'd like to perform well on my exams. (Federal Income Taxation I HATE YOU)!

For the next 6 weeks or so (until Valentine's Day) I'd like to stay at 2000 calories a day, not a calorie more, EVERY SINGLE DAY.

I will continue my exercise regimen--this is non-negotiable--which consists of pilates and/or strength training 2-3 times a week and cardio 6-7 days a week for 1 hour minimum.

I'd like to finish writing my final paper paper by April 1st so that I'm not cramming before graduation.

Then comes the really fun stuff like studying for the bar exam which I am praying I can stay committed to so that I pass the bar (not passing is really a non-option unless I want to suffer career suicide).

So, yeah...the fitness/nutrition stuff is second-nature but the academic/career oriented goals require much more dedication, motivation, and resolve as they are more difficult to accomplish and also have dire consequences if I fail at reaching them.
  • edryer123
    edryer123 Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    I want to lose 20-25lbs, firm up for my best friend's wedding in September (we are most likely wearing strapless gowns and I want killer arms!)

There are other goals, but I don't want to jinx myself just yet.
  • lithezebra
    lithezebra Posts: 3,670 Member
    Options
    My goal is to paint or draw every day, using traditional media or the computer. I started this back in August, so I've had months of practice ahead of 2014.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    My primary goal for 2014 is to become more active and get better at some of my outdoor hobbies (hiking and especially bicycling, which I am a little terrified of still). By summer I would like to be strong and confident enough on my bike to ride to the center of town with my husband. Right now I prefer sticking to the back roads next to our house.

I definitely want to stay on track with logging and eating well. I hope to reach and exceed my current goal of 180 which will take me out of obese and into "overweight" for the first time since age 13-14, and may just put me at my permanent/goal weight in the coming year!
  • crystalrose_tina
    crystalrose_tina Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    My goal this year is to finally drop the last 20lbs and wear my first bikini ever by the time the beach weather returns!
    Besides that, I really want to stop binge eating with sweets! They're my kryptonite.
  • StunningLegerity
    StunningLegerity Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    I would like to continue where I left in 2013 and lose the last 40 lbs (lost around 20 lbs already). I also would like to, at some point, run a 5k next year. I absolutely hate running, but I want to meet this fitness goal and will begin running outside (I hate the treadmill) once it warms up again. I also want to get stronger and wear a bikini for the first time in my life!
  • WhiteRabbit1313
    WhiteRabbit1313 Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    1. Get in amazing shape, via weightlifting, to prepare myself for Bora Bora. I want to look awesome in my South Pacific bikini pics. :wink:

2. Refer to #1
  • SimplyDenyse
    SimplyDenyse Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I lost nearly 40lbs this year and went froma very tight size 14 to size 6. The past 2 months Ive been stuck at the same weight which has been frustrating me.

For 2014 I would like to work on this last 15 lbs and lower my body fat percentage more.