1235»

Replies

• itcanbedone13
    Options
    bump
  • melzie98
    melzie98 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Thank you ladies for posting! You are all very inspiring!

I'm 39, 5'7" and my CW is 180. I've just come back to MFP since I've gained some weight from my hysterectomy last year. I've been working hard at the gym, but the weight hasn't come off very easily. I've started to track and weigh all my food, and started weight lifting three times a week. I'm hoping that is enough to get the scale moving again.
  • ustrel
    ustrel Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hello Ladies!

I'm 5'7 (.5?) three years ago I got up to 178, actually around 180~. Never thought I'd be that heavy. I was a size 12 tight or loose in 14 or in the odd I would be size 13.

I started using MFP three years ago and got down to 170 for a while.
    Then in the second year I got down to 165 and I thought that was a good weight. Size 12 still.

This year I have been diligent about MFP and realized I snacked a lot.

For about 3-4 months I stayed focused, worked out 3-5 days a week, walked my dog everyday for about 5km and today I stepped on the scales at 150~ (149-151.8) I lost about 15 pounds from January to April, I'm maintaining it now. Can someone my height be under 150? I don't know lol.

What the crazy thing I can't get over is not being size 12. I've always (even in high school) been size 12. Really made me realize that each size is only a inch different. Now I can fit into either 8 or sometimes 6. Blew me away.
  • sorrol
    sorrol Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Please tell me how you lost all that weight
  • ClintSeeber
    ClintSeeber Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    SezxyStef wrote: »
    Hi as most have said mine is not finished...not sure what "finished" is to be honest.

For me I started with me being 205 @ 5ft 7 and the wakeup call was a wedding photo...i had enough, I lost weight, then gained it back...last Christmas I had another wedding to go to and went to look for a dress...that was a no go so I dug out my "fat" cloths and swore never again.

January 7th I started, changed my eating habits and started with light cardio. Stepped it up with a few body weight exercises then heard about 30day Shred...googled results and found MFP.

Joined MFP June 17th 2013, same day I started 30day shred. I ate what I thought I was suppose to and did 30day shred (missed 3 days (son flipped his car, sister was laying sod, and one day I don't remember)

Found out through a group here I wasn't losing like I could because I didn't weigh my food. Started weighing my food and did another round of 30day shred (taking weekends off).

I then found my TDEE and started eating that -10 to 20% and don't worry about exercise calories now and lift heavy 3x a week.

SW = 205 (size 16-18)
    CW = 162.5 (size 8)

This photo....shows me at my heaviest...that light bulb moment. Then the same dress after 1 round of 30 day shred (about 35lbs gone) and this photo of me in the black dress is November 17th of this year. It is a knit dress size small...

I am not done yet, I have bodyfat to go and really don't care about the scale but thinking down to 155 maybe.

337cf4fe-0b1f-4ec4-a6ec-d2e551f7d567_zpse8037836.jpg

It's been almost a year, I love lifting and yes I weigh 162 and wear a size 8...I have friends who weight 120 and in a size 6. As other posters have said don't be scared of weights, you wont bulk up, you will get strong, you will lose fat and you will love what you see.

I am adding in some HITT training in the new year but because I want to get healthy in all aspects.

Good luck to you all who are just beginning or are in the middle...don't give up, weigh your food, log it all even if you are embarrassed (been there done that) you wont regret any of it.
    You're tall, slim and beautiful.
  • ClintSeeber
    Options
    April_KT wrote: »
    Hi

Im 5'8-5'9 (somewhere in between)

My start weight was 177 back in January of 2013 by the time may came around i was down to 159 and maintained that weight for awhile even though it is not my goal weight. i just recently changed some medication and gained 7 lbs within this month. so i am now at 166 :/ So i need people to help keep me on track and motivated. Please feel free to add me on here if you feel like we can help each other! My goal is around 145 lbs ( the weight i was in my profile pic)

I typically eat around 1300-1400 cals a day mostly healthy but it is the holiday season now! Hard to fight off all that junk food.
    I try to go to the gym three times per week but sometimes only make it twice.

Love hearing the success stories!

You're a dose of tall greatness.
  • ClintSeeber
    Options
    Well, this is me so far... sorry but I will not post pics until I am "done", although I am taking pics along the way.

38 years old female... 1 child...... pear shape...5.7. tall.. small bones

Started 151 lbs in January 2nd....
    42hips, 29 waist, 38 chest , 26 thigh

Now, March 16th
    135lbs
    39 hips, 27 waist, 35 chest, 24.5 thigh

I realized I could never eat 1200 calories, I am a big eater. Volume eater. I need lots and lots of food.

So I eat about 2000 calories a day, plus or minus 300 cals......., Usually "clean" . Just lots of it, some would say too much of it..... I allow myself one cheat day, sometimes two, when I eat just about anything I want.

I simply cannot diet. My appetite is too big.

BUT big BUT !!!!!!! I became addicted to gym. So my net cals, from about 2000 cals daily, goes down to about 1300 net.

I go to gym about 5 days a week.
    I do : 15 minutes abs, 30-40 min weights, 45- 60 min cardio ( high resistance , usually elliptical )

The first month I lost 10 lbs.
    Since Feb til now ( mid March ) only 6 lbs more, but I believe I lost more fat and gained muscle.

I don't know my body fat percentage when I started but now I am at about 25 %. I am almost seeing abs, but my bottom and thighs are still kind of fat. Mind you, I am a pear shape, so that will be the last to go.

I became so I addicted to gym that now I want to build muscle and lose fat only. Even if I don't reach my weight goal is ok, as long as I become more fit! :heart: :heart:

Good luck, feel free to add me as a friend.

Great!
  • ClintSeeber
    Options
    Hi there!
    I don't post a lot but, I was interested in your post. I'm 5' 8.5", 41 yrs old. I have always been on the high range of average (weight wise), then about 15/16 years ago I balooned up to 220 lbs (in a bad relationship and ate to feel good I guess). Then in getting out of said relationship I got down to 140/150 lbs without excersizing.
    OK, so that was my highest weight and it lasted a year or two. Last year I knew I had to change something since I got up to 170 lbs. I have been excersizing for 10 years, but eating poorly. I find, for me, I need to calorie count more than anything. Sure, I like to run (traing for my 2nd half marathon now), do arobics & strength train, but I LOVE to eat (...and drink beer with friends & husband - I won't give that up).
    As of last fall, I started doing protein shakes for breakfast & lunch a few times a week...that lead me to think smarter about my suppers. Then, I started using this site (I found it a lot earlier but, forgot about it....so my stats are weird).
    I lost 15 pounds from Sept 2012 to Jan 2013 and was feeling great...down to 155 lbs. My good friend asked me to join a fitness chalenge at the fitness center we belong to. I told her that I've already lost the bulk of the weight I was going to loose and I probably wounldn't be a good team mate. She encouraged me, saying it would be great to just "maintain" so I said yes. I lost another 16 pounds in the 8 weeks of the chalenge lowering my bmi & body fat % (wich was just over the average). I worked hard logging my food and working out (I didn't think I was that competive!)...drinking water was "key" too. I drank lots of it! My BMI is now 20.8 and my Body fat % is 22. (BTW our team got 2nd place out of 20 some teams!)
    This site is a God send to me. I'm making recipes I've never made before and my husband will come into the kitchen asking what kind of "freak food" I'm making tonight...freak food = healthy food...lol.
    I don't want to ever give this up and if you read this ... what I keep telling myself is: I never thought I'd get back to my wedding weight of 140 lbs, seven and a half years ago...and I'm THERE again (minus a few more) and I'm starting to get compliments from people about how good I look. I just wish I wouldn't have given away a lot of my clothes.
    Yes, there are days that I go over my calories...but, I make that up.
    Really - You can do it!
    I'll post pics when I can see an ab or two sticking out there!

5'8.5" is WAY above "average" height, so I don't know if you need to be "average" weight.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!