Do you log multi vitamins, supplements, and medications?

Hi everyone,

Just curious what everyone else does about logging multivitamins or other supplements. Do you? Don't you? Why? Was also thinking about logging my daily medication, just to be sure I remember it! Anyone else do that? (I know at least a few do, because I searched my medication and it popped up as a member submitted thing.)

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

Replies

• Shuuma
    Shuuma Posts: 465 Member
    I log in the mornings for the whole day, so I add my vitamins in so I don't forget to take them!
  • lisalsd1
    lisalsd1 Posts: 1,521 Member
    I don't log vitamins/supplements. They don't have many cals, and there isn't any specific vitamin/mineral I have been tracking. I am Vitamin D deficient (most of the time), but I know that I'm not overdosing between my supplement and what I eat. If it helps you to remember to take your meds, then def do it. I do really well for about 3 weeks out of the month with my supplements and then fall off the wagon for about a week usually.
  • MelsAuntie
    MelsAuntie Posts: 2,833 Member
    I don't.
  • Saramelie
    Saramelie Posts: 308 Member
    No
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    No
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,752 Member
    no

I log protein powder if I use it, but bcaa's don't make up part of my protein g's.

If I used fish oil i'd log that, but I just eat wild salmon instead.
  • bheathfit
    bheathfit Posts: 451 Member
    If I eat it I log it. Vitamins and supplements included. I use MFP to track progress and changes. If I start/stop taking a supplement and coincidentally I lift lighter or gain/lose weight I want to see when things changed and what could have been part of that change. This program isn't perfect for that, but it is free and has other perks.

Do what you feel you need to so that you can achieve your goals. If you don't want to track vitamins/supplements then don't... Just my $0.02
  • RaineyLaney
    RaineyLaney Posts: 605 Member
    I do, my catagories are... Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Snacks 1 & 2, Snacks 3, and then last one is Vitamins & Medicines.
  • Bluizflame
    Bluizflame Posts: 151 Member
    I do if there are calories listed on the bottle. The supplements i take every day add up to 66 calories. So i made them into a recipe and add it everyday under snacks
  • Ann262
    Ann262 Posts: 265 Member
    I don't log them
  • I do if there are calories listed on the bottle. The supplements i take every day add up to 66 calories. So i made them into a recipe and add it everyday under snacks

Same here! Mine add up to 65 calories!! That's a lot of calories when you get closer to maintenance calories and have to be very careful with logging. I also log my multivitamin because I am female and need to make sure I get my iron in!
  • CynthiaT60
    CynthiaT60 Posts: 1,280 Member
    I don't log them.
  • rikwaynik
    rikwaynik Posts: 724 Member
    I log them. It helps me to remember to take them. It also allows me to note any patterns when I take them regularly.
  • SuffolkSally
    SuffolkSally Posts: 964 Member
    I do, mainly because I have an auto immune condition causing intense fatigue, which I'm trying to manage/improve using exercise and diet. I'm trying variuos supplements, and although I keep additional notes just logging on MFP over the long term means I can get some idea of whether what I'm taking is having any effect.

If you are watching your intake of vitamins then it's a great way to be able to see reports on them. MFP could be a lot more helpful on this, as the database entries very often don't include vitamin/mineral info, and MFP only enables tracking of a few key things. But in fairness it isn't meant to do this, and if you are watching specific common things like iron/calcium/sodium/potassium etc you can track fairly accurately if you put some effort into it.

If you're concerned enough to take supplements in the first place, then it does make sense to make sure that you are getting the right level of whatever it is, not least because many are harmful in overdose...
  • Laura3BB
    Laura3BB Posts: 250 Member
    I log them - whatever I eat, I log.
  • prosperkat
    prosperkat Posts: 59 Member
    Yes, I have AMD and need to push vitamin A. Logging supplements helps me make sure I am reaching my vitamin goals.
  • missyjane824
    missyjane824 Posts: 1,199 Member
    I log them mostly because there are 30 calories in what I take.
  • FitMolly182
    FitMolly182 Posts: 304 Member
    The only thing I take that has calories is fish oil (ten calories) because I don't eat fish, but I don't log it. I just keep that in mind when I log. Plus, I usually try to measure things out slightly less than their serving size, so I'm sure that makes up for it.