NEED NEW BREAKFAST

Options
I am so burnt out with the same old things for breakfast!

Lets hear it people, share your breakfast ideas and you might be featured on my blog if I try the recipe!

Hope everyone had a nice holiday and got to spend some time with the people that they love!

http://this-isnota-diet.blogspot.com

Replies

• LosingExtraKristy
    LosingExtraKristy Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I just eat Mini Wheats every morning. :-)
  • Amitysk
    Amitysk Posts: 705 Member
    Options
    My go tos are

hard-boiled egg, string cheese, greek yogurt with berries during the week. Sometimes I'll make a fritatta or quiche and store it in single servings...
  • mrskatbevins
    Options
    Special K is great, Eggs, yogurt. Some times I do left over meats for breakfast, like turkey. My husband east special k every morning but he adds raisins, or bananas. I love a good piece of toast with just a little bit of jelly. I use Sara Lee light bread and Waldin farms Jelly.
  • Summer4677
    Summer4677 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Easy veggie muffin-style frittatas. I make a batch and pop them in the fridge so I can grab and go in the mornings! I put finely diced peppers, mushrooms, jalapeños and salsa in mine but the options are unlimited. Spinach, ham, onion, broccoli, asparagus...whatever you like. Quick, easy and healthy and a great way to sneak vegetables in at breakfast. Oh, and slow cooker overnight pumpkin oatmeal. Yum
  • MysteriousMerlin
    MysteriousMerlin Posts: 2,270 Member
    Options
    I just eat Mini Wheats every morning. :-)

Not everyday for me, but on a regular basis. No sodium FTW!

I love eggs, eat them several times a week. I also will do English muffins toasted and make an egg sammich, or slap some peanut butter on that bad boy. Hell, on weekends I have whatever I feel like and count it as breakfast. Leftover pizza, the leftovers from a night out, cereal, oatmeal...found a good recipe for orange whole wheat pancakes too, delicious.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    right now I'm having a 2 egg with smoked salmon, capers, chives and cream cheese omelette with boiled new potatoes (just a small tab of butter) and sauteed asparagus. This is usually a weekend thing for me but I'm off today and have the house to myself so decided it sounded nice...plus I have a ton of smoked salmon left over from yesterday.

Whole entree comes in right around 500 calories.give or take.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    I make a different sandwich on my breakfast sandwich maker every time I use it.

25475_1.jpg
  • Chizakura
    Chizakura Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I make oatmeal with a tablespoon of chia seeds, hemp seeds, flax seeds, lots of cinnamon, unsweetened almond milk, topped with a 1/3 cup frozen blueberries. I've been having that everyday for nearly a year. It's delicious every single time, it gives you a ton of natural energy, and it keeps you full straight through 'til lunch.

You can use whichever oats you like. The oats I use are sort of in between rolled and steel cut, but are still ready in five minutes.
  • amcsouth
    amcsouth Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    All bran Flakes and an apple or grapefruit OR Microwave oats with an apple or grapefruit. Sometimes eggs but not often. It's more like whatever is quickest. I'm not a nice person until I get food in me :smile:

But for my first snack or "breakfast 2" I might do protein pancakes, flapjacks etc with a fruit... this would be a more elaborate meal. Maybe even bacon, eggs, toast, some veggies :happy:
  • HRLaurie614
    HRLaurie614 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Steel Cut oatmeal. I make 4 servings at a time. Bring it to work...heat up in the microwave. Can vary it up by changing the toppings/sweetener.
  • FoxyLifter
    FoxyLifter Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    I like salmon w/ lemon pepper and a side of broccoli. Who says you have to have breakfast type foods at breakfast? Mix it up when you get bored!

My favorite breakfasts include a French toast sandwich (cinnamon raisin french toast, eggs cheese and a slice or two of ham or bacon), western croissant (small western omelette sandwiched in between a sliced croissant) and cap'n crunch french toast (after you dip the bread in your vanilla egg mixture, dip it in finely crushed up cap'n crunch cereal) with a side of soft poached eggs (steamed in water instead of fried in oil).

ETA: I'm also a big fan of overnight oats when I'm in a time crunch (yogurt, dry oats, almond milk, half scoop of protein powder is the basic setup, after that, you can add whatever flavors you'd like such as cocoa, pb2 and stevia)
  • gabrielleelliott90
    gabrielleelliott90 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Cut up pieces of apple dipped in peanut butter, you could try this with other fruit too such as banana.

Egg in a hole toast.

Make up some plain porridge and put yoghurt and fruit in it.
  • ChiaGnome
    ChiaGnome Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Bacon, eggs and veggies (usually asparagus, red pepper, onions, mushrooms). Every morning. For some reason, I never tire of it. Down 45 lbs from my highest.
  • HollisGrant
    HollisGrant Posts: 2,022 Member
    Options
    Steel Cut oatmeal. I make 4 servings at a time. Bring it to work...heat up in the microwave. Can vary it up by changing the toppings/sweetener.

Me too! I cook a large pot of steel cut oats (1/2 bag of Bob's Red Mill Steel Cut Oats), keep it in the fridge, and reheat a small amount every morning. I eat it with a sliced apple. It's delicious. I've tried other breakfast cereals made by Bob's Red Mill and the steel cut oats are my favorite by far. Nice taste, good texture (beats regular oatmeal by a mile), good for your cholesterol, has some protein and iron, and not a lot of calories.
  • version917
    Options
    1/2 cup of eggs whites, seasoned with Mrs Dash (no salt in it whatsoever), 1/3 cup diced bell pepper, 1/3 diced tomato, 3 slices of Lean Turkey (diced), 1/3 cup of handmade shredded hash browns (pan fried with cooking spray), and if you want, add some shredded thin cheese. All for 321 calories, it fills you up and still leaves you with calories to spare.

I dont get tired of this every morning.
  • rachelkiacomini617
    Options
    that sounds delicious! I will have to give it a try on one of my days where I am allowing myself more calories!
  • GardenOfSongs
    GardenOfSongs Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    My go-to breakfast is scrambled eggs made with semi-skimmed (or 1% milk if we've got it) milk, half a can of baked beans and two slices of toasted seedy bread - yum!
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    I either have scrambled egg with baked beans, mushrooms and tomatoes..

Or

Poached eggs on toast...

Or

Porridge made with milk and water with a bit of golden syrup

Sometimes I have cornflakes with a banana.
  • Naomibunluv123
    Naomibunluv123 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    4oz of beef cooked with three eggs scramble, it's quick, easy, and yummy.
  • clariemoo
    clariemoo Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    fruit mixed with greek yogurt + a bit of oatmeal or granola