California King Sized Bed?

Options
2»

Replies

• bellesouth18
    bellesouth18 Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options

Holy moly! We definitely need one of these! Hubby is 6'4" and needs a longer bed so he doesn't hang off the end when he stretches out.
  • moosegt35
    moosegt35 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    Standard king is what I would go with if I was shorter but being 6'11" I need the Cali King. If you are under 6'5"ish I would stay with standard king.
  • Keiras_Mom
    Keiras_Mom Posts: 844 Member
    Options
    Standard king is what I would go with if I was shorter but being 6'11" I need the Cali King. If you are under 6'5"ish I would stay with standard king.

DH is only 6'3" and he is cramped in a regular King size. We have a Cali King and it's perfect. (I'm 5'9", and we have large dogs which sometimes sleep in bed--then it's too crowded!).
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    The California King is longer for taller people but less width and the Regular King is Wider but alittle shorter.... Depends on your needs...... I am 6 ft. 1 in. so the Regular king is fine for my height and we prefer the extra width do to the fact we have 3 small dogs that seem to take up the entire bed ... lol

Haha... about the little dogs. I have a Big Golden Retriever who sleeps on the bed too. My Queen size bed gets cramped with him on there.

I guess the more appropriate question, would have been what's the best bed for a couple height 6'0" and under and a 80 pound Retriever

Regular King should be fine for you...it is widest. My husband's about 6'2" and I'm 5'8" and we find a King PLENTY long for us.
  • mamma_nee
    mamma_nee Posts: 809 Member
    Options
    regular King size is widest - California king is not as wide but is longer
  • mitchellkd
    mitchellkd Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Hubby is 6 ft and we have 2 english mastiffs. Our standard king is perfect....but time to get a new one. shopping for sleep numbers tomorrow.
  • moosegt35
    moosegt35 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options

DH is only 6'3" and he is cramped in a regular King size. We have a Cali King and it's perfect. (I'm 5'9", and we have large dogs which sometimes sleep in bed--then it's too crowded!).

Someone who is 6'3" is cramped in a 6'8" bed? Seems odd to me. I can manage in a standard king and I am right on the edge of 7' tall. I prefer the Cali king, which is basically the exact same length as I am and I am plenty comfortable.