Morbidly Obese to Obese & Why BMI Is Weird

Options
2»

Replies

• Startacular29
    Options
    Girl you look great! Wow I think you are an awesome size!!!!!!!!
  • MissySpring
    MissySpring Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    You look wonderful...glowing and healthy! Congrats on maintaining your recovery and striving for a healthier you!
  • ktully93
    ktully93 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Awesome results! Better yet, your mind is on the right track now. Focusing on how you feel not only physically, but mentally about yourself. I have really enjoyed following your story as a pal over the past year and a half. You have been such an inspiration in my journey. Thanks!
  • BXCHICAinOHIO
    BXCHICAinOHIO Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for sharing your pictures, your journey, your story, your goals...you look amazing & are extremely inspiring!
  • kelly_e_montana
    kelly_e_montana Posts: 1,999 Member
    Options
    Thank you. I've also learned that it's important to choose MFP friends who have similar goals and who are interactive. It really helps in your journey. I give them a lot of credit for keeping me on track.
  • lilredhead314
    lilredhead314 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    wow! you look amazing!
  • _Giselle_
    Options
    You look incredible! Well done!! Definitely ignore the BMI chart and concentrate on bf. :)
  • bubaluboo
    bubaluboo Posts: 2,098 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic. Well done!
  • AbbyCar
    AbbyCar Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • tgrlady
    tgrlady Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Just wanted to add my congratulations. I too want to get fit by 40 and am very very impressed by your hard work and efforts!!
  • spiritseries
    Options
    Having a normal body weight does not mean you are physically fit.

There are plenty of skinny people who are unhealthy because they have a high body fat percentage, no muscle tone and terrible cardio. So when BMI is used as a general indicator of health, misclassifying fit/heavy people as obese will be mirrored by misclassifying thin/unfit people as healthy.
  • GCLyds
    GCLyds Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    BMI is just a tool, and it doesnt mean anything on its own.
  • skysmom26
    skysmom26 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    you look awesome! what great success.. charts are awful, they don't necessarily mean healthy range at all... a good tool for some but can also be a downfall for many slim ladies who believe them
  • ascrit
    ascrit Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    This should be bumped because Kelly is the best. :smile:
  • susanrechter
    susanrechter Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    when you said you went into a binge-eating mode, what was that? Did it last for a day or a week and was it a craving for a specific food that snowballed into "what the heck, I may as well eat that, too!" I think I have the tendency to binge big time, just thought I "overdid it" and now I realize its a pattern! May I ask your experience?
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!