What reactions did you get?

Options
Over the holidays many of you saw family and friends that you probably hadn't seen in awhile. Many have lost weight since they last saw you so what kind of reactions did you get?

Replies

• climbing_trees
    climbing_trees Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    "You're so tiny! How can you even make cookies that taste this good?"

Well, I think it was a compliment so I'll take it!
  • ethompso0105
    ethompso0105 Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    I only got one reaction...surprisingly enough, it was from my dad who I see multiple times every week. I tried on a new sweatshirt my sister got me. When I was putting it on (over my tank-top) he commented on how I look like I had lost more weight. I was completely flattered--he doesn't make comments like that often. :-D
  • pawoodhull
    pawoodhull Posts: 1,759 Member
    Options
    My reaction actually came on Thanksgiving at my sister's house. We don't get to see each other often and I was wearing a size smaller than the last time we got together and she commented that I looked smaller yet again. But the best for me was my brother, who after he introduced me to his new girlfriend, had to tell her that I had lost a lot of weight and asked me how much I had lost so far. New girlfriend, meeting me for the first time (she went to school with my sister and they are about 8 years younger than me) and he said he "just had to brag" about my weight loss. My husband, kids and family are just so upportive and commplimentary, and I am so appreciative of that support and encouragement.
  • retiree2006
    retiree2006 Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    I love your reaction stories and it sure helps give you that boost to continue on! I'll be seeing family members tomorrow and haven't seen them for a couple years when I was 75 lbs. heavier. I'm really interested in seeing how they react!

Good for each of you and I hope those positive comments keep coming your way! :flowerforyou:
  • EvaStrange
    EvaStrange Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    "You're so tiny! How can you even make cookies that taste this good?"

Well, I think it was a compliment so I'll take it!
    I count two!
  • JenniTheVeggie
    JenniTheVeggie Posts: 2,474 Member
    Options
    None. Not surprised. Whenever I mention running to my mom she usually just gives me a "whatever". I also said 30 pounds by April and I got "what, gain 30 pounds back?"

I get positive comments when I go to the office (I don't go that often). That's good enough for me I suppose.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    Basically nothing of the sort during this holiday!

However, I feel lame for whining about it because my stepsister, stepmom, dad, and mom have ALL seen me during the year and all commented on my losses at other times. And my husband comments favorably all the time on my appearance, which is enough for me.

I am going to a girls' night out tomorrow and I'll get plenty of comments then I am sure.
  • babyj0
    babyj0 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    My cousin said that it looked like I lost weight... "Like A LOT"... in her own words.
  • HollisGrant
    HollisGrant Posts: 2,022 Member
    Options
    None. Not surprised. Whenever I mention running to my mom she usually just gives me a "whatever". I also said 30 pounds by April and I got "what, gain 30 pounds back?"

I get positive comments when I go to the office (I don't go that often). That's good enough for me I suppose.

@JennitheVegetarian Your weight loss is a major accomplishment! Good grief!! Here's a big high five from me!:drinker:
  • ideang
    ideang Posts: 95
    Options
    I didn't get any comments at Christmas as I saw everyone at Thanksgiving, but at Thanksgiving my aunt asked me were the rest of me was.
  • Nyksta
    Nyksta Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    My sister in law asked me what size I am now as she reckoned I am into size 12 (UK). I'm a 14 but almost ready to try a size 12 but never thought of myself as "looking" a size 12!!! It just amazed me that she thought I "looked" so small..... I guess my mind is still catching up with my body :)
  • Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Mia_RagazzaTosta Posts: 4,885 Member
    Options
    The reaction to "I lift weights while eating whatever I want in moderation" still trumps any reaction I get to how I look.
  • djk721
    djk721 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I lost my weight last year, but still got lots of positive comments from family about keeping the weight off. My sister in law hadn't seen me in 6 months. She said "nice work in maintaining the weight loss".
  • fourfiftythree
    fourfiftythree Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Mostly I got "wow, you look great!" And a few facetious comments thrown in there like "I'm watching what you put on your plate" as I was dishing up. Also, random thought... there are a lot of people in my family with extreme weight issues. I never really noticed before.
  • greattimes
    greattimes Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    My husband and I went to the community Christmas Dinner and ran into a gentleman that used to be one of the customers I waited on when I was working. I had put on a new sweater that I bought too wear for Christmas. We were talking and he stopped for a minute and than said you look really nice today. It made my day.