What exercise is best?

Options
To get your waist small and tight?

:smile:

Replies

• xdudeitsliz
    Options
    any kind of cardio. Personally, I've seen the most from running!
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    I agree with liz, running and the elliptical has helped me shave an inch & a half in a month off my waist! I'm officially only 2 inches bigger than my bf in the waist and he's TINY! (Very good motivation - lol)
  • questionablemethods
    questionablemethods Posts: 2,174 Member
    Options
    To get your waist small and tight?

:smile:

My thoughts:

Small: cardio

Tight: anything that engages your core, this includes a lot more than crunches. Think any plank work (plank jacks, plank twists, etc.) as well as things that require balance and power from the core like plyometrics (jumping, explosive movements).
  • lknorthstar
    lknorthstar Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I have been doing the old Nortic Track, just because it was free from my mom! It has been working great to bad I have to do it to make it work. I wish it could just sit in the corner and I could still lose weight! ha ha! :laugh:

I need something for my thunder thighs and kankels! I look at them and just want to cry! :sad:
  • LivyJo
    LivyJo Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Pilates! Amazing for lengthening your spine, tightening your torso, and improving posture. When I do Pilates, I become more conscious of my abs when I am doing other cardio exercises, and I think that helps overall.
  • luv2run4fun
    Options
    I agree with several of the above--Cardio (running is my personal fave) and PLANKS! Planks rock your abs and they are an excellent core strengthening exercise! Start with 1/2 minute plank and work your way up from there!
  • sailyogi
    sailyogi Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Yoga for me. I'm staying within my calorie limites and really upped my exercise. I haven't lost any weight in the 4 weeks since starting but I have lost 3 inches in my waist!
  • NYCDutchess
    NYCDutchess Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys!!

I just got back from Power Yoga (incidently there is no power yoga to log in, only hatha). I did some balancing twists with a heavy ball, and some crunches with it as well. I haven't been to the gym in a week for medical reasons so I took it kinda easy.

I have to up my cardio for sure! I'm hoping to take yoga tomorrow at lunch, then do cardio in the evening.

I will get to Pilates when I get just a bit stronger.

Thanks for the advice, and of course any more is welcome. I will keep checking, I'm ready to try anything and everything!!

xoxo Maureen
  • NYCDutchess
    NYCDutchess Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    Yoga for me. I'm staying within my calorie limites and really upped my exercise. I haven't lost any weight in the 4 weeks since starting but I have lost 3 inches in my waist!
    [/quote

I would be SOOOO happy with that!!! Weight isn't my "issue", my spare tire is lol....and thunder thighs which with the REEBOK Easy Tones have gotten a lot better.
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
  • menjivas
    menjivas Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Vinyasa or Power Yoga and Pilates.

I started doing VInyasa Yoga and Pilates as my "cross training" exercises in my running schedule because I pulled my hip flexor a few weeks ago. I did it to gain strength and stretch my muscles. I didn't realize how effective it is (I've also been going to a Yoga Studio and not the gym classes)! I've lost a pound (not trying to) after months of being at the same weight and I lost a half an inch from my waist and hip area!! That's HUGE FOR ME!!!

I am a full convert now. It's all about running twice a week, one boot camp class a week, and doing yoga/pilates three times a week!
  • Sweet13_Princess
    Sweet13_Princess Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    I struggle wth this too. Everything else seems to tone up, but my belly still looks flabby and frumpy! Nothing seems to work for me, but I'll try a few of your new ideas.

Shannon