heavy chested ladies .... ?

Options
I'm a bit heavy chested and in need of a good sports bra. The ones I currently use aren't doing a great job. They're OK if I'm not jumping around but when I did a cardio class at the gym with all the mirrors around I saw my reflection and my twins were bouncing all over the place! And it can be painful/uncomfortable. My question is I'll be shopping for new gym.clothes and would like to know what is a good sports bra I can buy (brand and where I can find it)that'll keep the girls in place?

Replies

• meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    i'm full busted (small ribcage+ large breasts) and the best i've founf so far for high intensity and high impact is this one from shock absorber. it does up to K cup and as low a ribcage as 30 (which is probably the lowest you'll be able to find in most brands)

http://www.amazon.com/Shock-Absorber-Womens-Support-Sports/dp/B003ES596U/ref=sr_1_3?s=apparel&ie=UTF8&qid=1388101352&sr=1-3&keywords=shock+absorber

honorable mention goes to this one from panache

http://www.amazon.com/Panache-Maximum-Control-Ultimate-Underwire/dp/B006236YO0/ref=sr_1_1?s=apparel&ie=UTF8&qid=1388101669&sr=1-1&keywords=panache+sports+bra+molded

goes up to H, and rib cage as low as 28. the only thing is that I have 2 and in both the underwire broke through the fabric. if the underwire wasnt so rogue this would be my favorite because of the color choices and their are even little shorts. i particularly liked the red white and blue one because i could wear that with the matching underwear and feel like i was zooming through my workout like wonder woman :smile:

enell might also be good, but i find that for my body type (small ribcage/large boobs) they arent that good. i leave these for low impact activities because i found that with higher impact, i would get too much chaffing on the under boob because the part of the bra going on the ribcage was too loose.
  • Amadbro
    Amadbro Posts: 750 Member
    Options
    in
  • kateanne27
    kateanne27 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I like Lulumon Tata tamer, it is the most comfortable and long wearing sports bra I have tried, I like that it has adjustable and convertible straps and no underwire, but still keeps things under control.
  • meshashesha2012
    Options
    in
    in to support a sistah's sports bra habit??

my address is ....
  • SuperWhoLock24601
    SuperWhoLock24601 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    i'm full busted (small ribcage+ large breasts) and the best i've founf so far for high intensity and high impact is this one from shock absorber. it does up to K cup and as low a ribcage as 30 (which is probably the lowest you'll be able to find in most brands)

http://www.amazon.com/Shock-Absorber-Womens-Support-Sports/dp/B003ES596U/ref=sr_1_3?s=apparel&ie=UTF8&qid=1388101352&sr=1-3&keywords=shock+absorber

honorable mention goes to this one from panache

http://www.amazon.com/Panache-Maximum-Control-Ultimate-Underwire/dp/B006236YO0/ref=sr_1_1?s=apparel&ie=UTF8&qid=1388101669&sr=1-1&keywords=panache+sports+bra+molded

goes up to H, and rib cage as low as 28. the only thing is that I have 2 and in both the underwire broke through the fabric. if the underwire wasnt so rogue this would be my favorite because of the color choices and their are even little shorts. i particularly liked the red white and blue one because i could wear that with the matching underwear and feel like i was zooming through my workout like wonder woman :smile:

enell might also be good, but i find that for my body type (small ribcage/large boobs) they arent that good. i leave these for low impact activities because i found that with higher impact, i would get too much chaffing on the under boob because the part of the bra going on the ribcage was too loose.

Thanks for this. This helps me out too.
  • RunningMs
    RunningMs Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I'm a DD - E and am in love with Moving Comfort Bras. In particular the "Juno" It gives me a nice shape ( no pancake boob) and there is zero bounce which reduces that chance of head injury greatly!
  • snikkins
    snikkins Posts: 1,282 Member
    Options
    I currently double up on a regular bra and a sports bra to tame the boobies when exercising. It works just fine, but the constant laundering is getting annoying. Would I be able to just use the sports bra if I invested in one of these?
  • meshashesha2012
    Options
    I currently double up on a regular bra and a sports bra to tame the boobies when exercising. It works just fine, but the constant laundering is getting annoying. Would I be able to just use the sports bra if I invested in one of these?
    i just use one. l there is no need to wear 2 now with all the options available. the last time i wore multiple bras was back in high school when i ran track. back then (the 80's) there were no options (was 28 JJ). by the time i started playing rugby sophomore year of college there were more choices for female athletes. now in 2013 there are several dozen choices for those in the D/DD range and a good 10 for those who are even larger.

you can find good deals online for most, and even for the ones you cant, they are worth the investment. for instance i'm still using an enell i bought 2.5 years ago and it's still like new. i doubt i'd have that same longevity had a gone a cheaper shorter term solution route. i wash in the laundry and air dry so im not even doing any special washing technique

also, my regular bras are WAY too nice to be used as half-a$$ed sports bras
  • dumb_blondes_rock
    dumb_blondes_rock Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    I need a picture of them to know exactly what we are dealing with. As for me I wear two sports bras, sometimes over my regular bra
  • snikkins
    snikkins Posts: 1,282 Member
    Options
    i just use one. l there is no need to wear 2 now with all the options available. the last time i wore multiple bras was back in high school when i ran track. back then (the 80's) there were no options (was 28 JJ). by the time i started playing rugby sophomore year of college there were more choices for female athletes. now in 2013 there are several dozen choices for those in the D/DD range and a good 10 for those who are even larger.

you can find good deals online for most, and even for the ones you cant, they are worth the investment. for instance i'm still using an enell i bought 2.5 years ago and it's still like new. i doubt i'd have that same longevity had a gone a cheaper shorter term solution route. i wash in the laundry and air dry so im not even doing any special washing technique

also, my regular bras are WAY too nice to be used as half-a$$ed sports bras

Awesome and thanks! I feel the same way about my regular bras, too, and just try to use the "falling apart" one and a sports bra. This sounds much better! :drinker:
  • lunglady
    lunglady Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    Fiona Moving Comfort is God's gift to big boobie women. Keeps the twins (DD) in check even on longer runs.
  • jenmck5
    jenmck5 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I love the site bare necessities. You need to measure yourself - maybe have some help. Learn everything you can about what is a good fit. Don't feel embarrassed to call their help line. They are awesome.

I love Panache and Freya sports bras. Research is the best bet!

Don't wear two - a Good bra is worth EVERY penny!
  • foxgl0ve
    foxgl0ve Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I second the recommendation for Shock Absorber. I love their "Run" bra so much that I bought 4 of them, and they are now my only workout bras. They are comfortable and keep everything contained. The fabric wicks moisture well and washes and dries easily. I'm a 36E and I've worn them for running, Zumba, Brazilian Jiu Jitsu, and weight lifting, and I've found them comfortable and supportive for all of the activities while still giving me room to breathe.

I have one of the ennell bras as well, but I found it hot, uncomfortable, difficult to get on and off, and it was cut so high as to show under almost all of my shirts. It was really thick and had about 15 hooks up the front it. Additionally the straps weren't adjustable, so I just felt squashed as opposed to supported.
  • sydneybeachgirl
    Options
    I used to have the same issue....
    I used to wear a very good sports bra and a bra top....double up
    I found that there is a high-street chain in the UK who make really good quality sports bras in DD+...so I used to buy my bras from them.
  • Laura062513
    Laura062513 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone.. I think I'm going to try the shock absorber sports bra
  • Erikalynne18
    Erikalynne18 Posts: 555 Member
    Options
    A good sports bra is definitely an investment! Where do you live? If you live in Europe you are lucky because the bra industry there is far more advanced compared to Canada and US (I don't care what they say, la senza and Victoria secret are crap for our bigger girls and no I will NOT just squeeze into a maternity bra!)....

If you are able to find a place that you can try on the bras I highly suggest you do! They can all be sized differently and I found the issue with sports bras was that some (most) gave me a 'cone' shape :/ So if you can try it, highly recommend! :) Other than that, I agree with the suggest for Panache, Shock Absorber, or Freya Active. Good luck! :)
  • Laura062513
    Laura062513 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I live in Texas
  • meshashesha2012
    Options
    I have one of the ennell bras as well, but I found it hot, uncomfortable, difficult to get on and off, and it was cut so high as to show under almost all of my shirts. It was really thick and had about 15 hooks up the front it. Additionally the straps weren't adjustable, so I just felt squashed as opposed to supported.

and the best part is taking it off. it makes me feel like a human canister of pillsbury biscuit dough :laugh:

but yeah the boobs are so compressed i'm surprised none of my sweat has been pressed into cubic zirconia, if not actual diamonds
  • TinkerToned
    Options
    Do 34 DD's count as heavy chested? I think I'm pretty plump around my chest area, I am tiny otherwise, and working out HURTS so much even in branded bras, Adidas has been the worst so far :( Halp.
  • MoJoPain
    Options
    I get mine from

www.title9sports.com.

I love their products.....the bras are made up to j ( I think). I am a 36H...and they are comfy. They have all sorts of designs to choose from...give them a try...not cheap but let's face it, holding up H-cups will cost some serious $$$...lol:laugh: