Day 1 Again. Im shy and introvert. Please Add me \(^_^)/

Options
I am shy and an Asian introvert... I spend most of my time studying and working on my research. I am a scholarship student so I need to maintain my grades to keep my scholarship.. Tough work! >.<
But now, I just finished my second Masters - time to workout!
Due to my strict academic upbringing, exercise never been my forte and i love food so much = such bad combination.
I have been here few months ago but due to overwhelming research deadlines, i forgot all about it.
I gained from size 12 to 16. I feel so unhappy and cried a bit.. because some people constantly fat-shaming me. It hurts me a lot that people still judged me by my physical not for my academic achievements.

However, I do not need the negativity in my life. I want to prove them wrong.
Plus, i miss wearing my size 12 dresses.

As mentioned, i am an introvert and a bookworm, i never like going out and workout outside.
To motivate myself, i brought myself a treadmill! Ok i lied. I persuaded my dad to buy me one. lol
I need friends and motivators here (i am such a newbie).

Thanks for reading and adding me!

Kyuhira

Replies

• alechua
    alechua Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I remember myself similar to you when I was just starting out. I am very shy to go to the gym, feeling conscious to people around me. You may want to workout using workout vids like youtube (fitness blender, jillian michaels), or turbofire, insanity, p90x, just giving you options if ever you get tired/bored using the treadmill. :))
  • Kyuhira
    Options
    I know right.. I get too conscious on people looking at me.
    Thank you for the youtube suggestions! I will check them :D I tried Jillian michaels... her workout is tough but rewarding!
  • kelseyjsnyder
    kelseyjsnyder Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Hey my name is Kelsey, Ive been on MFP for quite some time off and on but never got to the community/message boards since it had always been on mobile. Im 22 I work as a Corrections Officer in a maximum security prison. I am very lazy and am ready to change that. One of my big problems is wanting to see results now and then getting depressed a month in when there has been no weight change after lots of working out/watching calories/good nutrition. Last time I checked (probably 2 months ago) I weighed 210 pounds. I plan on buying a scale this weekend. I am not only wanting to get healthier for me but for my 4 year old daughter and my husband as well.