First weigh in after christmas - eek

Options
After a two week break from dieting and going to they gym I decided to weigh myself this morning and see what the damage was..... I have put on 6 pounds! The scary thing is that I didn't eat or drink as much as I have done over Christmas in previous years and I didn't weigh myself then.

Has anyone else done the dreaded weigh in after xmas?

Replies

• Eastern_Echo23
    Eastern_Echo23 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    i put on 3 :(
  • twixlepennie
    twixlepennie Posts: 1,074 Member
    Options
    After a two week break from dieting and going to they gym I decided to weigh myself this morning and see what the damage was..... I have put on 6 pounds! The scary thing is that I didn't eat or drink as much as I have done over Christmas in previous years and I didn't weigh myself then.

Has anyone else done the dreaded weigh in after xmas?

I weigh daily and yesterday I was up 8 ounces, today back down. But, I don't deviate off course for two weeks at a time-were you on a trip or something?
  • lisaanne1369
    lisaanne1369 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    No biggy-2 pounds. Last year after Thanksgiving 5 day cruise I packed on 8 pounds ! Just shrug shoulders and keep on going. Never give up.
  • chunky_bird
    Options
    unfortunately no I wasn't on a trip so I cannot use that excuse. The last two weeks was filled with Christmas parties, work xmas bashes, eating out ALOT and drinking a lot of baileys!! I definitely overdone it and having relationship breakdown did not help :(
  • Phoenix_Warrior
    Phoenix_Warrior Posts: 1,633 Member
    Options
    No biggie. Just get right back to it. It's never too late. I've learned if I'm not tracking my intake consistently, it's super easy for me to overeat. I didn't gain over the holidays but I've been logging the whole time.
  • SueGremlin
    SueGremlin Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    I hear you.

In about September, I quit logging in and basically quit paying attention. It is astonishingly easy to pack it on. After 50 years on this planet I should have known that.

Time to be honest with myself again and weigh in every week. Time to get at least 30 minutes of some sort of activity every day. Time to start paying attention again.
  • 257_Lag
    257_Lag Posts: 1,249 Member
    Options
    I was up 4 but already have 2 of them back. That's life!
  • chunky_bird
    Options
    Good point!! Just got to get back on it.........I have no junk food, sweets etc left in the house and restocked this morning on veggies, fruits etc. Going to the gym this afternoon to burn some calories and starting body revolution tomorrow.
  • lsorci919
    lsorci919 Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    I'm up about 1.5 lbs. Might just be water but we will see next Friday. I ate a lot and drank a lot on Christmas but not enough to really put on weight.
  • theycallyoumister
    theycallyoumister Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    It sounds like most of us have a new challenge! :smile:
  • kieran9810
    kieran9810 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I'm not due to weigh myself until Tuesday.. but the only days i've not worried about calories is christmas&boxing day so i'm hoping to only put a 1/2 pounds on.
  • donnymom
    donnymom Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I gained 3 pounds! Why is it so hard to take off and so easy to put on?
  • gracielynn1011
    gracielynn1011 Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    I haven't weighed yet. As of Wednesday morning, I was up 1 lb. Hard to tell what is bloat and what is weight. But thanks to a great case of stomach bug, I am probably down about 5 lbs today.
  • thesimsisters
    thesimsisters Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I don't weigh until tomorrow morning so not sure yet how it's going to go. I logged the whole week and was only very over my calories on Christmas day. Hoping it'll all average out. Guess I'll see tomorrow morning :)
  • MissBabyJane
    MissBabyJane Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    I'm scared to weight myself, so I'm not going to do it. I had been eating whatever I want the past week, so I want to be back on track from tomorrow. I can't afford to go over my calorie goals anymore. I feel so guilty ...
  • lthames0810
    lthames0810 Posts: 722 Member
    Options
    Gained 4.5 lbs. That would equate to 15750 extra calories if all that weight was fat that I put on. I'm pretty sure I didn't eat and drink anywhere near that much. How many bourbon eggnogs would that be?

Anyway, the point is that you probably didn't eat as many calories as it would take to put on that much weight in fat. It's more likely that it's mostly water weight and will come off fairly quickly if you get back to eating normally and stay well hydrated.
  • Hungry_Annie
    Hungry_Annie Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    Chances are its just excess water, sodium etc. I put on 7lbs over Easter weekend this year, and it was gone by Thursday. It will come off quickly once you go back to eating properly and exercising. No need to stress. I haven't logged at all this month or weighed myself. I know ive put a few pounds on, and I don't care. It will come off soon enough. I enjoy food and the holidays and will never deny myself of it.
    Its not the holidays you need to stress about. Be healthy and active the rest of the year, that's what matters.
  • sn4k3y
    sn4k3y Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Ive put on 4lbs, but i did drink alcohol, and eat generally a lot of crap! but back on track today to get rid of it ... after all it is only once a year.

ps: altered ticker to relate to the weight gain hence 0lbs lost :)
  • jjanay100
    jjanay100 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I put on 4lbs from Sunday - yesterday. i smartened up yesterday and am already down 3. I knew it was just water weight from all the sodium, alcohol and all that starch! Feels good to be back on track.
  • ChrisS30V
    ChrisS30V Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I normally don't weigh until Saturday morning, but thought I'd weigh in a day early just out of curiosity. I was up maybe up 0.5 lbs from last week about this time and it also appears that I've lost another 0.25" off my waist. But, I'm in maintenance so that kind of variation is pretty much the norm. I was able to completely enjoy myself on Christmas and Thanksgiving as well as all of the associated holiday treats without going overboard like I would have in years past. I'll probably weigh again tomorrow just to make it "official."

For the first time ever, I'm not going to have to worry about trying to lose weight after the first of the year. That alone is a victory in my book.