What do you do for exercise?

2»

Replies

• Hollyhocks89
    Hollyhocks89 Posts: 92 Member
    I have been walking. Since you really like walking, I suggest the dvds by Leslie Sansone. They are called Walk Away the Pounds. Forget the treadmill. Save a ton of money and pop in the dvds. (spent $20 on 2 dvds) She will have you working up a sweat like you won't believe. Her walks range from 1 to 5 miles that you do right there in your home. It's not just walking in place either. It's fun, and it really works. She has a website, and you can also get them in stores. I bought mine on Amazon--one came with a free "stretchie resistance band." I have worked my way up from the 1 mile to the 3 mile. You have to figure out how long each mile takes to do, and then how many of those you would do in an hour. That's the walking speed. Example: the 2 mile walk takes 30 minutes = 4 miles per hour. I'm heavier, so when I do the 2 mile I burn 500 calories, the 3 mile? I burn a little over 700! These dvds are great because cold weather is here, and you can do your walking indoors. Good luck!

I'v just had a look for these but they are all region 1 dvd's and i don't think my dvd player is multi regional :cry:
  • Lyndzo
    Lyndzo Posts: 142
    I work from 8-5:30 so I don't get home until 6:30, so it makes it a bit difficult. As soon as I get home I head to the gym (it's like Curves, has a circuit as well as bikes and ellitipcals). I go three times a week (Mon, Tues, Thurs) and I spend 30 minutes on the elliptical and then do a full circuit. Afterwards I do 100 sit-ups with two 5pd hand weights as well as some arms exercises with the weights. The days that I don't make it to the gym I do the sit-ups and arm exercises at home.

On the weekends I stay with my boyfriend and we go for a 30 minute walk.
  • rori_74
    rori_74 Posts: 111 Member
    recently i tried Tae Bo , it's fun if you like kickboxing and a very good cardio , there is also Preventions DVD's which had walking and kickboxing (by : Chris Freytag) and the new series Prevention - Express Belly Blast by (Ellen Barrett) .
    just use this site ( http://www.collagevideo.com ) to compare and view clips from those DVD and choose what suits you.
    good luck !
  • Hollyhocks89
    Hollyhocks89 Posts: 92 Member
    Blimey Lindzo you do lots lol I dont have much time or money for the gym unfortunately

Thanks Rori I'll check them out
  • With my busy life if I don't exercise first thing in the morning it won't get done. So, I get up 40 minutes early and workout on either a stationary bike, treadmill or Bowflex for 30 minutes prior to work. I also am a martial artist and have classes a couple of days a week and go through my katas and training exercises in my morning session occasionally to break up the monotony.
This discussion has been closed.