First weigh in after christmas - eek

Options

Replies

• danimalkeys
    danimalkeys Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    I'm up 3lbs, and I watched what I ate. I am sick though and think the meds I'm using are causing me to retain some water.
  • lmmo1977
    Options
    I believe I lost some weight (not entirely sure, since I've travelled and because of that I'm using a different weighing scale). I only splurged on Christmas night and kept a good tracking of what I ate in the other days. :)
  • meggypooh
    meggypooh Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I gained 2 pounds. Im glad Im not the only one!! Kind of upset as this is a little over month 2 for me. I guess the 3 Christmas dinners I had this week took its toll, Im a little disappointed, but its ok! Ill just get back to eating right and exercising and hopefully ill be down those 2 pounds by next Friday!
  • jtyler83
    jtyler83 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    mostly water / poop/ glycogen

will normalize in one week or so

after thanksgiving , i literally gained 8 lbs in 2 days lol
  • KatieWH
    KatieWH Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I logged the whole time and am up less than a pound. Like others say, who knows if it is just bloat. I did 90 minutes of yoga four days in a row leading up to Christmas and tried to keep the eating in check so I'm hoping to deflate :) lol

Seriously, though, I ate much less and moved much more than in previous years so I mark it as success. Progress, not perfection!

Onward!
  • Jkn921
    Jkn921 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Doubt it, my scale says I lost one pound exactly overnight which means I burned 3500 calories? Doubt it. Get back to your normal routine and it'll go back to it's real value.
  • steffiejoe
    steffiejoe Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    I gained 7 pounds in 2 days. Im sure its water weight...
  • CynthiaT60
    CynthiaT60 Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    Stayed the same. I was lucky we didn't have much in the way of parties this year. :laugh:
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    I am up a little under 1 lb and still not too happy about it.

Thanksgiving resulted in the same "gain" for me but it came off pretty quickly.
  • PSlosing29
    PSlosing29 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Day after Christmas, I gained 4 lbs, weighed again today and dropped 2 of those lbs.. Im pretty sure mine is water weight from drinking on some booze.
  • proudjmmom
    proudjmmom Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Technically I am up 1 lb.....but that's probably just normal weight fluctuations. I am still within my 5lb window, so I am good.
  • thesimsisters
    thesimsisters Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I don't weigh until tomorrow morning so not sure yet how it's going to go. I logged the whole week and was only very over my calories on Christmas day. Hoping it'll all average out. Guess I'll see tomorrow morning :)

Well, I was very pleasantly surprised to have lost .9 lb this morning when I weighed. I had tried to do extra Tuesday, Thursday, and yesterday to offset being way over on a Christmas Day. I only weigh once a week on Saturday mornings so wasn't sure if I'd had enough time to get rid of any bloat. Wishing others weighing this weekend the best!
  • RobynUnfiltered
    RobynUnfiltered Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I put on 2 but I thought it would be worse, so I will deal!
  • newladykb2016
    newladykb2016 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Oh yes. I started this today.Maybe my son has helped me this time , He says keep up with calories. This Hcg,fat burners,etc don't work . Don't deprive yourself of food, count calories. So here is a new beginning.
  • hannahpistolas
    hannahpistolas Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Drink water, stay off the scale for a week, make healthy choices in the meantime.

Ta da!
  • Deepakvmm
    Deepakvmm Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I normally don't weigh until Saturday morning, but thought I'd weigh in a day early just out of curiosity. I was up maybe up 0.5 lbs from last week about this time and it also appears that I've lost another 0.25" off my waist. But, I'm in maintenance so that kind of variation is pretty much the norm. I was able to completely enjoy myself on Christmas and Thanksgiving as well as all of the associated holiday treats without going overboard like I would have in years past. I'll probably weigh again tomorrow just to make it "official."

For the first time ever, I'm not going to have to worry about trying to lose weight after the first of the year. That alone is a victory in my book.

That's Success... Congrats...
  • acdc27
    acdc27 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I was up 1.5 but the went for my run and to the bathroom and was back to even so I'll take it.
  • vijaynarayanan
    Options
    Alcohol, sugars and hidden sugars, happens to all of us. Just hang in and burn off...
  • mike_ny
    mike_ny Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    I put on about 4 pounds or so, but between eating massive amounts of carbs and sugar and sodium, that I'm not used to anymore, a lot of that is water retention. I can tell it's water retention because the body fat scale measurements have been wildly erratic over the last week and there's no way I could gain something like 3% body fat over a couple days. Even in gross calories alone, ignoring BMR and TDEE, the math also just doesn't add up to enough pounds of new fat to be possible. That would require something like a 15,000-20,000 calorie excess stored as fat.

I expect about half of it to drop after resuming my normal eating regimen and the other half after a few weeks of catching up with some extra hard workouts to compensate for the ones I couldn't fit in with company over and other socializing.
  • focuseddiva
    focuseddiva Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I ate within my calorie budget and I'm up 4. Very frustrated. But time of month is looming so I'm hoping its all water weight. I should have had a loss based on what I ate and how much I exercised. No clue. I think I'm going to start weighing daily vs weekly. So much effort and hope... And boom, the scale once again bursts my bubble.