New to Juicing

Options
chubbybunnee
chubbybunnee Posts: 197 Member
I have decided that I am going to do a natural juice cleanse. I have vitamin deficiencies because I do not eat enough nutrient rich foods and I also have some absorption issues. I have heard nothing but good about doing natural fruit and veggie juice cleanses. My problem is that I have tried juicing before and the Kale was the straw that broke my back and made me quit. lol. I hate the taste of veggies and I am addicted to sugar. Does anyone have any good juicing recipes or ideas for blending their fruits with their veggies so hide the veggie taste for picky eaters like me?

My favorite fruits are some of the worst, like pineapple and strawberries, but I also love bananas, apples, and oranges. I don't like ANY veggies so if any of you know any tricks to hide the veggie taste and make them more manageable for someone like me, I would love if you would share some of your ideas! I am trying to stay away from Aspartame and not add any sugar or Stevia.

Thanks for any suggestions you have! :D

Replies

• rockybeats77
    Options
    Here's a heads up, Veggies that are naturally sweet are Romaine Lettuce, Cucumber, Parsley, Zuchhini and Carrots. Use these as your base then add spice of herbs until just right.

Kale with spinach with chili pepper will take care of the grassy taste.

You can also add fruit to your veggie mixes!
  • MSeel1984
    MSeel1984 Posts: 2,297 Member
    Options
    Cleanses are satanic

Just a thought...why not just eat fruits and vegetables...Just tossing that one out there. Why juice?
  • Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Mia_RagazzaTosta Posts: 4,885 Member
    Options
    I have decided that I am going to do a natural juice cleanse. I have vitamin deficiencies because I do not eat enough nutrient rich foods and I also have some absorption issues.

So you're going to combat this issue by eating less nutrient rich foods? Alrighty then.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    I have decided that I am going to do a natural juice cleanse. I have vitamin deficiencies because I do not eat enough nutrient rich foods and I also have some absorption issues.

So you're going to combat this issue by eating less nutrient rich foods? Alrighty then.

:laugh:
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options
    :indifferent:
  • beachlover317
    beachlover317 Posts: 2,848 Member
    Options
    good-luck.gif
  • LishieFruit89
    LishieFruit89 Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options

^This.

Also pineapple and strawberries are not "the worst".
    Seriously?
    We're now calling certain fruits good vs bad?
  • chubbybunnee
    Options
    Cleanses are satanic

Just a thought...why not just eat fruits and vegetables...Just tossing that one out there. Why juice?

When you juice them, you absorb the nutrients quicker, not to mention you can get a larger portion of veggies when juicing them as opposed to having to eat them solid. You can get an entire plate of veggies in a glass whereas you would be full before eating them all in their entirety.
  • Jenni129
    Jenni129 Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    this thread was not what i had expected...

ditto
  • chubbybunnee
    Options

^This.

Seriously?

What are you talking about? Juicing your fruits and veggies and drinking them is the ultimate way to absorb nutrients. You get more nutrients by juicing than eating them whole and you get more of the benefits from their enzymes which you denature when you cook them.

Have you ever seen Fat Sick and Nearly Dead?
  • 20Grit
    20Grit Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    Blend it, don't juice it!
  • Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Mia_RagazzaTosta Posts: 4,885 Member
    Options

^This.

Seriously?

What are you talking about? Juicing your fruits and veggies and drinking them is the ultimate way to absorb nutrients. You get more nutrients by juicing than eating them whole and you get more of the benefits from their enzymes which you denature when you cook them.

Yes, I did see that sales pitch for a juicer.

Where is your protein and fat content coming from?
  • AJOjr
    AJOjr Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Use spinach instead of kale. It is not as strong of a flavor. I add juice to my breakfast to add nutrients. Typically 1 orange, 1 apple, 1 carrot, 1 celery stick and a hand full of fresh spinach.
  • moment_to_arise
    moment_to_arise Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Cleanses are satanic

When you juice them, you absorb the nutrients quicker, not to mention you can get a larger portion of veggies when juicing them as opposed to having to eat them solid. You can get an entire plate of veggies in a glass whereas you would be full before eating them all in their entirety.

tumblr_m5yh967Bns1r2669e.gif

where did you get this information from?

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/juicing/AN02107
    "...Juicing probably is not any healthier than eating whole fruits and vegetables. Juicing extracts the juice from fresh fruits or vegetables. The resulting liquid contains most of the vitamins, minerals and plant chemicals (phytonutrients) found in the whole fruit. However, whole fruits and vegetables also have healthy fiber, which is lost during most juicing. "

That's just the first paragraph.
    Please educate yourself and eat more whole foods and don't pulverize them. :)
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,669 Member
    Options

Hate to tell you that you got sold on a documentary. Juicing fruits and vegetables for absorption isn't any different than consuming them in solid form. All food/drink we consume gets broken down to it's simplest form to be absorbed and juicing doesn't do that. It just liquifies it more.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • BrainyBurro
    BrainyBurro Posts: 6,129 Member
    Options

^This.

Seriously?

that's not factual.

propaganda
  • amberlykay1014
    amberlykay1014 Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    You're going to do what you want, but if you do it, you'll be sorely disappointed. Seriously, just eat the food. Return the juicer.
  • webneb
    webneb Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    A big issue with Juices are that you are drinking your calories, but if you are accountable for it then thats fine just remember that a couple of juices a day can really add up the sugars. I only say this because its alot harder to eat multiple fruits or veges then it is to drink them. Youll find that most of the nutrients you need are just as abundant in fruits. Berries are really good with Kale, Just use a little bit of Kale as yes it does kill the tastebuds a bit. Look up on the internet, highest nutritional value fruits and go from there.
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    the whiskey juicing is the best.,,,
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    In. :laugh: