Feeling absolutely worthless. Help?

Options
I feel really sad lately... I'm not entirely sure why but somehow I feel like no guy will ever like me. I know it's not really relevant in mfp but I can't help but say it because I have nowhere to post this to. I'm almost 19 ( February 2014) and I've never had a relationship before and no guy has ever approached me (I have to admit I went to all girls schools throughout primary to secondary school which is a whopping 10 years (7-17) and I've only actually spoken to like less than 10 guys so far)

And lately, I don't know but I'm feeling fat and I have been breaking out which has never happened before and I feel like a horrendous lump of crap and I feel so incredibly lonely.

I don't know if anyone would even read this but I'm putting it out there. I need advice and consolation because I feel so sad right now and I don't even know how to deal with it. I don't know what to do......

Replies

• gcbma
    gcbma Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    When I was your age, I could have written this myself. You should work on what makes you feel good, and what you enjoy. Confidence helps. If its something as simplr as a new hair cut, do it. You're young. Work on life goals before you have someone else that you'll have to balance in life.
  • mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Options
    I feel really sad lately... I'm not entirely sure why but somehow I feel like no guy will ever like me. I know it's not really relevant in mfp but I can't help but say it because I have nowhere to post this to. I'm almost 19 ( February 2014) and I've never had a relationship before and no guy has ever approached me (I have to admit I went to all girls schools throughout primary to secondary school which is a whopping 10 years (7-17) and I've only actually spoken to like less than 10 guys so far)

And lately, I don't know but I'm feeling fat and I have been breaking out which has never happened before and I feel like a horrendous lump of crap and I feel so incredibly lonely.

I don't know if anyone would even read this but I'm putting it out there. I need advice and consolation because I feel so sad right now and I don't even know how to deal with it. I don't know what to do......
    You've taken the first step - which is reaching out. Good job! You're young and haven't had a lot of experience around guys, so don't put too much pressure on yourself. Guys don't always go for the thin, pretty girl.... they tend to like the nice, funny girl with the great personality. One of my best friends has always been very, very heavy and tends to break out even still (she's 40). She's married now, but even when we were younger, when we went out together, she would get hit on a lot. She's always been able to find a guy. It has everything to do with what a nice, funny person she is. Smiling, laughing and appearing positive and friendly make you seem approachable and confident.
  • TheGymGypsy
    TheGymGypsy Posts: 1,023 Member
    Options
    When I was 17 I felt worthless and desperate for attention from ANY man who was willing to give it. That landed me in an extremely abusive relationship for 2.5 years that completely drained me emotionally and financially. Don't make the same mistake. Your worth is in no way tied to your appearance.
  • moment_to_arise
    moment_to_arise Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    suprisingly, exercising regularly REALLY helps with this. i know if i have a bad day at work, all i want to do is go home and sit on my couch and eat food and feel bad about myself.

so instead i go to the gym and get a good sweat sesh/pump some iron/whatever and by the time i am done i feel GREAT and so much better about myself and just good in general.

i also notice that my skin is clearer when i am regularly exercising.

just push yourself, it will pay off in the end
  • webneb
    webneb Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Focus on yourself, Join a gym, get a hobby in fitness. Your only 19 and guys will come along eventually no rush. Be yourself and work on improving yourself for the better everyday. You can do it!
  • rabblerabble
    rabblerabble Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    At 19 you're still very young and have lots of years left to find the right guy. I think that there is someone out there for everyone.

I was always shy when I was younger and didn't have a significant relationship with anyone until I was 23. Then I met a wonderful lady who became my soulmate and the love of my life. Next month we'll celebrate our 29th year together.
  • maxine4306
    maxine4306 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I agree, reaching out is a great first step. Please know these feeling are only temporary, you might even feel better having written them down. Somewhere deep inside you know its not true, there is a guy out there for you but you need to pick a guy worthy of you. You are special and loved so have faith. Be the kind of person you want to attract; Confident, positive, athletic and enjoying your life at any size.

Merry Christmas and Make it a Happy New Year.
  • uconnwinsnc
    uconnwinsnc Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options
    You need to try and get out of your comfort zone. You're still young, but you should try and expand your boundaries. But I don't suggest you get involved in a relationship just for the sake of having one. Make sure you actually want one before you do. If you are just looking for guy friends, they are pretty easy to find. Guys usually make for low-maintenance friends.
  • Syriene
    Syriene Posts: 238
    Options
    Exercising helps many people to boost their mood. Whenever you are feeling down, try taking a walk or popping in an exercise dvd.

Volunteer or join a special interest group. It will possibly put you around guys your age with similar interests...or it will help you network (meet a great guy through them).
  • SugarShane513
    SugarShane513 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Don't let a guy or anyone for that matter steel away your happiness, its SO not worth it. Stay strong and work on you and when your done the guys will come in drones. :)