Fitbit

Options

Replies

• JackieRL55
    JackieRL55 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I got the FitBit Flex a few weeks ago after A LOT of research and I love it. I don't really do stairs because of my knees and I didn't like the analog clock. The FitBit Flex is thin and sleek. It's really challenged me to move. One time I ran in place for about 10 minutes just to reach my goal so it really motivates me! I also LOVE that it tracks my sleeping habits. I now know I sleep HORRIBLY but I'm working on it.

I got mine at GNC and with the member discount and sale I paid about $90 but that was holiday time. I highly recommend it. Best purchase this year.

10613010.png
  • STrooper
    STrooper Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    I started with the Ultra in 2012 and then switched to the "One" in 2013.

Yes, it is worth it if you are willing to commit to a level of walking (or running) that either moves you to a weight goal or maintains once you achieve your target. I like the way it links in with MFP though you do have to be careful of certain conditions that allow "double counting" of exercise.

I achieved nearly all of my weight loss through measuring/monitoring my step count first with an OMRON pedometer and then with the FITBIT. Now that I run in addition to walking, the FITBIT does a reasonable job of measuring distance, a good job of estimating calories while walking. I use a HRM for monitoring calorie expenditure during my runs and other activities that the FITBIT is particularly poor at estimating (e.g., cross-training, certain yard work, etc.)
  • AlessisMore
    AlessisMore Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I love my Fitbit One. I've had it for about a year and can't live without it. Even bought some as gifts for family & friends. But I'm sort of a gizmo freak so YMMV.
  • triskaidekaphile13
    Options
    I've had my Ultra since July 2012. I've just ordered a One in the Boxing Day deals on Amazon because it's falling apart. I do my 10,000 steps every day and it's been a great tool keeping me aware of my movement. I hit my goal on Christmas Eve and am now working towards maintenance and know it will keep me moving.
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    I just got the One and I have NO clue how it works or what I am supposed to do with it for it to help me. lol

You bought it with no idea of how it worked? :huh:
  • MrsK20141004
    MrsK20141004 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Bumping to read later!
  • sweiland1
    sweiland1 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I love it and their customer service is great!!! Just be sure to keep your receipt.
  • Samuraiko
    Samuraiko Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    For those using the Force (insert obligatory Star Wars joke here), have you had any problems with the band? That seems to be the number one complaint when I look on Amazon, but I'm really more inclined to get the Force than the Flex (I prefer to see actual numbers, and the non-waterproofing thing doesn't really apply to me).
  • Chelz2013
    Chelz2013 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I just got the Flex for Christmas. I'm getting online to figure out how to use it. Hopefully it gets easier to put on my wrist. LOL
  • rdpapag
    Options
    I just got the Flex for Christmas. I'm getting online to figure out how to use it. Hopefully it gets easier to put on my wrist. LOL

I had the same problem. The first time i felt like a moron, it took me a few minutes of struggling. Now it's like a reflex.
  • jigsawxyouth
    jigsawxyouth Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    For those using the Force (insert obligatory Star Wars joke here), have you had any problems with the band? That seems to be the number one complaint when I look on Amazon, but I'm really more inclined to get the Force than the Flex (I prefer to see actual numbers, and the non-waterproofing thing doesn't really apply to me).

I know the first time I went to put on my Flex band, it was a bit difficult, but not life ruining. I know the band for the Force is the same material. However, the Flex comes with two bands- small and large; while the Force only comes with the one size you order.

I have tiny wrists and I wear the small Flex band near the largest setting. So, I'd be kind of biffed if I ordered a Force and it was too big/small.
  • wiscck
    wiscck Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I got the Force for Christmas and I'm liking it so far.
  • servilia
    servilia Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    Does it track calories like an HRM?
  • 199WillDo
    199WillDo Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Does it track recumbent bike exercise?
  • jmyers1230
    jmyers1230 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    One time I ran in place for about 10 minutes just to reach my goal so it really motivates me!

10613010.png

Good to know I'm not the only one who will run in place at the end of the day just to get those flashing lights to go off!
  • iamtahicha
    iamtahicha Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I had the fitbit one for about a month before I lost it. I don't suggest it. I am looking to purchase the fitbit flex. I loved my one and was very upset when I lost it. Not cool at all losing $80.
  • Hadabetter
    Hadabetter Posts: 942 Member
    Options
    I have one, but I never use it anymore.

It's good in the sense of being a pedometer, but that's all it is really. A glorified pedometer.

A HRM would be a much better and probably cheaper purchase.
    This was my take as well. Today was my first full day with mine. It's the kind you wear on your wrist. As it is on my wrist, it doesn't register anything for cycling, and I was thinking today during the most strenuous part of my workout (pull ups to failure), that my wrists were not moving at all...so no points for that either. :ohwell: Also, I had a somewhat restless night last night because I woke up several times when I rolled over on an injured shoulder, yet this morning it said I slept with 99% efficiency, whatever that means.

But hey...Had I not reached my goal weight a few months ago it might have been more useful to me. As it stands, it was a gift, and I kind of like gadgets, so it will be fun.

P.S. It's fallen off of my wrist a 1/2 dozen times today - once while out shopping. I'm not sure this is going to be a long-term relationship, if you know what I mean.
  • airangel59
    airangel59 Posts: 1,887 Member
    Options
    Flex on July 4th weekend. Then got the Force in November. Love them both, VERY motivational for me. The Force is IMHO better for what it does/what you can see, but it is larger and you can't swap out the band.

Join the Fitbit Users discussion board here for more info & wearers :drinker:

Also check out EveryMove.org, https://www.walgreens.com for their balance/steps program, http://www.achievemint.com/ and http://earndit.com for cash incentives, discounts and you can donate your "calories" here weightlossproject.org just for moving :flowerforyou:
  • Hadabetter
    Options
    Does it track recumbent bike exercise?
    Only if you strap it to your ankle. :laugh:
  • Hadabetter
    Options
    Does it track calories like an HRM?
    Does it track calories? YES
    ...like an HRM? NO