IF money were no object...

Options
...which HRM or activity tracker would you buy and why?

Replies

• Cherimoose
    Cherimoose Posts: 5,209 Member
    Options
    I don't find them necessary. I know how active i am, and whether i work out hard enough.
    If i had lots of cash laying around, i'd hire a good personal trainer, to optimize my routine and check my form.
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    Options
    a nice gps garmin with an avy beacon in it, altimeter, weather station,and fully integratable with portable med clinic units.
  • pcdoctor01
    pcdoctor01 Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    I like the looks of the polar hrm but I've heard the batter is not user changeable but then again, someone said they took it to a watch shop.
  • GetSoda
    GetSoda Posts: 1,267 Member
    Options
    It isn't, and I wouldn't buy any kind..

I did get a fitbit as a gift, and it's a neat gadget. Still wouldn't have bought one though.
  • rie_q
    rie_q Posts: 73
    Options
    If money were no object? A team of doctors to follow me around 24/7 monitoring me :laugh:
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    Options
    I don't find them necessary. I know how active i am, and whether i work out hard enough.
    If i had lots of cash laying around, i'd hire a good personal trainer, to optimize my routine and check my form.

How would you do heart rate zone training without one?
  • Shuuma
    Shuuma Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    If money were no object, I would hire Johnny Depp to follow me around, checking my pulse.

:love:
  • Emma38418
    Emma38418 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    The money no object isn't meant to offend anybody, its just that I have saved up for a long time to buy a "good" one and I see some posts asking about inexpensive ones but now I have saved to buy one I would rather pay more for a monitor that has good features and works well if it is worth the extra cost. Perhaps a cheaper one is better, I am just interested in the opinions from people who have the knowledge of different makes and models so I can judge which one to buy.
  • Shuuma
    Shuuma Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    The money no object isn't meant to offend anybody, its just that I have saved up for a long time to buy a "good" one and I see some posts asking about inexpensive ones but now I have saved to buy one I would rather pay more for a monitor that has good features and works well if it is worth the extra cost. Perhaps a cheaper one is better, I am just interested in the opinions from people who have the knowledge of different makes and models so I can judge which one to buy.

Aww..now I feel guilty for my sarcasm. :blushing:

I'd probably get the super fancy FitBit. I hear it syncs well, plus it monitors steps taken and stairs and what not.
  • pcdoctor01
    pcdoctor01 Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    +1
    If money were no object? A team of doctors to follow me around 24/7 monitoring me :laugh:
    If money were no object, I would hire Johnny Depp to follow me around, checking my pulse. :love:
  • Cherimoose
    Cherimoose Posts: 5,209 Member
    Options

How would you do heart rate zone training without one?

I work harder when it feels too easy, and slow down when it feels too hard.

If you're referring to the fat burning vs. cardio zones, Google "fat burning zone myth".
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    Options
    ...which HRM or activity tracker would you buy and why?

What is it you want the HRM to accomplish for you?
  • KaosLynnRose
    KaosLynnRose Posts: 3,415 Member
    Options
    If money were no object, I would hire Johnny Depp to follow me around, checking my pulse.

:love:

:blushing: :blushing: :blushing: :blushing:
  • 88meli88
    88meli88 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    I have a simple one I was given and it did the trick of estimating my calories from runs and work outs. But if I could buy a new fancy one as a treat to myself, I would buy one that syncs w my iphone where I mapped my runs. I think in terms of estimating calorie burn, they are all the same but the question is what extra functionality and features you would like to have. And this is where they differ. I love new gadgets and I find them oddly motivating so I totally understand you.
  • eldamiano
    eldamiano Posts: 2,667 Member
    Options
    The new Adidas watch looks good. Has an HRM incorporated in the watch itself
  • FitForRiding
    Options
    I would have a personal trainer 5x a week and a housekeeper :-)
  • sue_stef
    sue_stef Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I have a fitbit flex it is a nifty gadget and motivating but not perfect none of them are
    however it is a good motivation to get more steps in my day and that is what I wanted

as for the money no object
    you guys can have Johnny
    I'll pay Joe Manganiello just to not talk and be pretty
    him doing push ups gets my heart rate going
    yum yum
  • spoiledpuppies
    spoiledpuppies Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    If it ever gets released, the BodyMedia Core 2 is supposed to be awesome. (It was supposed to come out last August, but supposedly delayed since Jawbone bought BodyMedia and they say they're working to make it even more awesome.) When I first started MFP last July, it was going to be my reward for consistent logging. But now I don't feel like I need all it offers, and I'm happy with my Polar, which I've had for a few years.
  • Riemersma4
    Riemersma4 Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    I use my Timex. It works great.

However, I can tell by my ability to talk (or not) whether I am training hard.