quest bar law suit

Options
http://www.strengthsociety.com/quest-bar-nutrition-lawsuit/

Interesting... I have seen so many studies on so many products. It seems like nobody is really totally honest and accurate, but interesting nonetheless

Replies

• aquarabbit
    aquarabbit Posts: 1,622 Member
    Options
    Well crap. I'll be keeping an eye one this! I've really been getting into those. I found their youtube site that shows how to make all kinds of desserts from them. That makes me really mad that they are so $(@*$&)% expensive and they might be lying! I knew they sounded too good to be true. *sigh* Well, I just ran out. So I'll be holding off the next purchase until I find out more for sure!
  • TheGymGypsy
    TheGymGypsy Posts: 1,023 Member
    Options
    I'll keep an eye out for it because if I can get any settlement money that'd be greaaattt.
  • GetSoda
    GetSoda Posts: 1,267 Member
    Options
    even if true, who cares?
  • Fullsterkur_woman
    Fullsterkur_woman Posts: 2,712 Member
    Options
    even if true, who cares?
    That was my reaction too. It's all a little overblown.
  • haroon_awan
    haroon_awan Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    If it is indeed the case that the complainant made allegations without any scientific proof as Quest have stated then s/he is pretty much in deep tihs. A company like Quest, owned by GNC (!), will no doubt have the resources to fund and conduct a study, a well as a likely outpouring on financial donations from their beloved fans, to prove the accuracy of their nutritional claims.

EDIT: Just read Paragraph 64 of the complaint lol. I don't the law in the state of California but saying that it would be "inequitable for Ds to be permitted to retain any of the ill gotten gains" from their acts is completely unreasonable and any decent judge or jury would say the same thing. That's brilliant!
    Well crap. I'll be keeping an eye one this! I've really been getting into those. I found their youtube site that shows how to make all kinds of desserts from them. That makes me really mad that they are so $(@*$&)% expensive and they might be lying! I knew they sounded too good to be true. *sigh* Well, I just ran out. So I'll be holding off the next purchase until I find out more for sure!

No need for that. Go ahead and order them. This lawsuit seems like a waste of time and money. Quest will prove their claims I can assure you.
  • SpeSHul_SnoflEHk
    SpeSHul_SnoflEHk Posts: 6,256 Member
    Options
    Meh.
  • BigGuy47
    BigGuy47 Posts: 1,768 Member
    Options
    even if true, who cares?
    A lot of people. Accuracy with fiber and carb content is important for diabetics and individuals with certain metabolic conditions.
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    wait, who gets the pay off if its found they did mislabel?
  • PaleoPath4Lyfe
    PaleoPath4Lyfe Posts: 3,161 Member
    Options
    We are such a dumbed down, money hungry society that wants to sue and get monetary payouts for anything and everything.

SMH. America is the land of free loaders.

If people stayed away from the packaged food like products, you wouldn't have to worry about mislabeling and such. SMH, such a lazy, dumbed down society we live in today
  • FlaxMilk
    FlaxMilk Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    I noticed the claim about understating calories by 20%. That's legal in the USA. A food label can be off by up to 20%.
  • Love4fitnesslove4food2
    Options
    even if true, who cares?

I care--I have about 8 boxes or more--that's $200 worth at least and I would not have purchased them if the nutritional information is actually what was alleged in the complaint. I would be quite pissed actually.

Edited to add...that's not counting the 15 or so boxes I've already purchased and eaten.
  • hoyalawya2003
    hoyalawya2003 Posts: 631 Member
    Options

The lawyers. As it is in every class action.
  • Naturalhiker
    Options
    I would not be shocked at all to find out that majority of sports drinks, bars, powders etc are in the same boat having false information on them. I mean if the science part was perfected there would be a time when just taking 1 pill a day would do enough for your body to shed pounds easily.
  • Naturalhiker
    Options
    I'll keep an eye out for it because if I can get any settlement money that'd be greaaattt.

Here is the thing about suits like this one even if the company has to pay if this sum is spread out over a large number if IF you even get anything it would be like $2.25 if that at all. I am still waiting for my portion of a suit against Amerigas Propane company for selling full tanks of propane to customers when they were only about 40-50% full.
  • WickedPotions
    Options
    I care too, because in a day and age where many people are allergic, counting calories/carbs/macros... I need accuracy. If you lie about your calories, what else are you lying about?
    They are garbage anyway.
  • The_Aly_Wei
    The_Aly_Wei Posts: 844 Member
    Options
    We are such a dumbed down, money hungry society that wants to sue and get monetary payouts for anything and everything.

SMH. America is the land of free loaders.

If people stayed away from the packaged food like products, you wouldn't have to worry about mislabeling and such. SMH, such a lazy, dumbed down society we live in today

Yes, yes, and yes! Well, you still have to check produce for GMO numerics...but as far as the food today goes, that is as good as it gets.

The amount of crap in/not in our foods that we are unaware of is heaping.
  • PaleoPath4Lyfe
    PaleoPath4Lyfe Posts: 3,161 Member
    Options
    I care too, because in a day and age where many people are allergic, counting calories/carbs/macros... I need accuracy. If you lie about your calories, what else are you lying about?
    They are garbage anyway.

If you have food allergies like that, then staying away from ALL packaged foods should be a priority of yours. Most every box, bag and package has contamination warning labels on it.
  • gelenerun
    gelenerun Posts: 12 Member
    Options

The lawyers. As it is in every class action.

AMEN! :explode:
  • TinGirl314
    TinGirl314 Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    If you're paying an obscene amount of money for these things, then I'm sorry but you're getting ripped off anyway.
    Good carbs and fiber are available in raw foods, that is the best way to consume them...
    There's no magic bar or magic shake or magic pill that's going to do anything better then natural foods. <3
    And the FDA having a 20% buffer doesn't surprise me...who came up with the food pyramid that said we should live mostly on grains? 6-11 servings a day of bread, cereal and pasta? Really now....

I apologize if this sounded snarky, it wasn't intended to. That's just how my written voice comes out. Lol.
  • beezer215
    Options
    I know what you mean. It is hard to know what is accurate anymore. Here is a company that accurately states what is in their protein bars. They even have certificate of analysis they can offer. A certificate of analysis or COA is a third party laboratory testing of the product that shows the results of what is in the product with a break down of protein, fiber etc.

http://www.ratiobar.com/Default.asp