Taco Bell

Options
Yes, I'm new at this.

That much would probably be obvious but it's not that I'm ignorant or anything. I know weight loss is about eating right and exercise. I'm on MFP to get my aunt to lose weight. She's having medical issues because of her weight and she's still in the "I can't lose weight unless I puke what I eat or starve myself" phase. Long story short, I'm showing her that weight loss is possible if you try, so I'm here to lose a couple of pounds and hopefully motivate her to do the same.

(At 185 pounds, I love my body and I love myself.)

Anyways, right, to the question:

If you put out more calories then you take in, you'd lose weight right? I am slowly trying to start up my healthy eating. but I'm not going to drop my burger in one day. I figured I'd do it slowly, start changing my food choices slowly. Maybe swap my fries for carrots and whatnot. I can't just drop unhealthy foods right away because I'll just crash and obese on unhealthy foods!

Anyways, I love Taco Bell. Taco Bell is my happy place. If I think about not having Taco Bell when I want it, I will obsess with it until I binge on it. It's how I am. So, I'm still eating Taco Bell, but not buying as much as I used too. I get that Taco Bell isn't the healthiest place in the universe but I figured that, as long as I stay under my calorie goal I'm not gaining weight by eating what I want. I just have to be consious about how much I eat.

Is this... Logical? It seems logical to me but no one around me gets it. They all think I'll gain five pounds by eating a burrito.

Replies

• brad81684
    Options
    If you stay under your calories you'll lose weight regardless of what it is. Doesn't mean it's actually good for your body or provides the proper nutrients for other normal functions, but yes you will lose weight.
  • tallvesl99
    tallvesl99 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    you can have whatever you want as long as you stay within your calories. taco bell included! tacos are lower in calories than burritos because the flour tortillias have a higher calorie count than the corn. I keep this in mind whenever I eat mexican food. It's always better to ask for corn tortillias in enchiladas, etc. Just use your calorie counter included with MFP and TRACK everything you eat!
  • broox80
    broox80 Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    I eat taco bell when I want it. I just make sure I have enough cals for it. I look at it like paying for the food. I have to have enough money to buy the food or I cant leave the store with it. I also cant eat the food if I cant pay for it calorie wise. I havent been doing well with this lately. Ive been stealing up a storm. I need to listen to my own advise. And if there is a day I dont have enough cals and i really want something, I will exercise more and eat half of my exercise cals.
  • R_Queenie
    R_Queenie Posts: 1,224 Member
    Options
    You may have your Taco Bell.

The Queen has spoken.

You're welcome.

Enjoy.
  • luckydays27
    luckydays27 Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    Taco Bell is my go to lunch when I am on the road and need a calorie infusion. I can get two taco supremes for 400 cals and be full enough to last hours. Is it the healthiest thing to eat, no. But I can eat it in my car as I drive and dont need a fork.

I used to have McDoubles as my go to burger but at 400 cals each, its not enough bang for the "buck"

I follow the calories in should be less than the calories out method. Meaning I eat less than I burn and I lose weight. It works. Check my ticker. Just dont go overboard. If you dont have the calories for it, skip it or burn more calories.
  • AJ_G
    AJ_G Posts: 4,158 Member
    Options
    Individual foods are neither healthy nor unhealthy without context or dosage. A food can be healthy or unhealthy in the context of your daily intake. As long as you are staying within your calorie goal, eating enough fat, protein, fiber, and micronutrients, than you ate healthy that day. Any food that helps you reach those goals for the day was a healthy choice. For example, many people think of an apple as being healthy, and always being healthy, but this isn't the case. Say for example that your calorie goal is 1500 calories, and you have already eaten 1500 calories that day, and hit all your other goals. In this situation, an apple would be an unhealthy choice as it would cause you to exceed your calorie goal. Judge foods on the context of your daily intake, not in and of themselves...