How can I lose 80 pounds in two months?

Options

Replies

• alienaliens
    alienaliens Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I suppose you could cut off your legs... but no yeah that's a terrible idea. Decide to be healthy for yourself the right way. Read the success forums to see how people really did it.

Doctor Weird on the Aqua Teen Hunger Forces lost a lot of weight by cutting off his legs. I almost died laughing.
  • Ang108
    Ang108 Posts: 1,711 Member
    Options
    I don't believe for a second that your friend lost over 100 pounds in two month. It's not possible.
    Even people living in refugee camps in Africa and eating less than 500 calories a day lose a lot less than that.
    I get upset when people here say things like " Let's assume you could sustain such a diet....." it's not sustainable, unless something is mentally wrong with you....for normal healthy people this is not a diet that can be maintained for more than a few days, because no one is supposed to eat like this.....
    Even if you eat nothing for two month and only drink water you will NOT lose 80 pounds.....just get real, work out a doable plan with a healthy deficit and be patient.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    OP...on a scale from one to ten how hard are you laughing right now?
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    I call SHENANIGANS on the 100lbs in 2 months.

super-troopers-shenanigans-o.gif
  • tmauck4472
    tmauck4472 Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    30 lbs is doable, hard but doable(I did it) but you've got to want to do it for you. Doing it for someone else is not good. Doing it the way I did it is not the best way. Losing weight for someone else is never a good thing.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    I know it sounds really insane but my friend lost over 100 pounds in the same amount of time. He told me to eat oatmeal for breakfast, an apple for lunch, and spinach for dinner and then to work out for about 5 hours a day. Will this work? My long distance boyfriend is coming in march and I really want to look good for him as its our first time meeting in person and I feel all this pressure (not from him but from myself) to be in good shape.

If this is serious, then I want to say that your friend really isn't giving you good advice. He's essentially promoting disordered eating and exercise anorexia. I'd stop listening to your friends and go seek help from a registered dietitian.

And even if you were able to do this (which you won't), you'd end up losing a lot of muscle and probably not as many inches/sizes as you might have if you'd taken it slow. Not to mention at that rate of loss, you are definitely guaranteed to have a lot of loose skin flapping around. A lot.
  • Ophidion
    Ophidion Posts: 2,065 Member
    Options
    I know it sounds really insane but my friend lost over 100 pounds in the same amount of time. He told me to eat oatmeal for breakfast, an apple for lunch, and spinach for dinner and then to work out for about 5 hours a day. Will this work? My long distance boyfriend is coming in march and I really want to look good for him as its our first time meeting in person and I feel all this pressure (not from him but from myself) to be in good shape.
    ONvgdLZ.gif
  • nicenhealthy
    Options

Not safe due to nutritional deficit. Maybe try a balanced variation of what your friend suggested and you'll still lose a tonne of weight. Oh and the calorie deficit! Dude... *tugs at collar* no.
  • mrussell60
    Options

stop eating today and don't eat again until he arrives? If your still alive you might be make it. Not to be rude you just can't do this and not hurt yourself. Try 2lbs a week and hope he is smart enough to accept you as you are.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options

If this is serious, then I want to say that your friend really isn't giving you good advice. He's essentially promoting disordered eating and exercise anorexia. I'd stop listening to your friends and go seek help from a registered dietitian.

And even if you were able to do this (which you won't), you'd end up losing a lot of muscle and probably not as many inches/sizes as you might have if you'd taken it slow. Not to mention at that rate of loss, you are definitely guaranteed to have a lot of loose skin flapping around. A lot.

that sounds even worse than feeling a bunch of rolls, huh?
  • Trechechus
    Trechechus Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    No. I'm sure if your boyfriend really cares for you, he'll prefer you to lose weight in a healthy manner
  • aggiegirl121
    aggiegirl121 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    By cutting off a limb!
  • albloomfield60
    Options
    Why not just start a normal diet today and see where it takes you. I think it's very possible for you to lose 20 lbs. by the time your bf shows up, and telling someone that you lost 20 lbs in 2 months should impress them I would think, then you can tell him, next time we meet I'll be down to my goal weight.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    Before you try something so drastic, read this:

Rapid and/or major weight loss damages the heart by decreasing myocardial fiber size. Lack ofprotein, electrolytes, and micronutrients may contribute to the myofibrillar damage.

http://ajcn.nutrition.org/content/56/1/230S.full.pdf

This study examines the deaths of 17 people who were doing extreme low calorie diets. Heart issues were to blame. The subjects reported feeling well and they were happy with their progress.

http://ajcn.nutrition.org/content/34/4/453.full.pdf

This one is the famed Minnesota Starvation experiment. Pay close attention to what happened to the mental health of these formerly psychologically healthy young men:
    Indeed, most of the subjects experienced periods of severe emotional distress and depression.[1]:161 There were extreme reactions to the psychological effects during the experiment including self-mutilation (one subject amputated three fingers of his hand with an axe, though the subject was unsure if he had done so intentionally or accidentally).[5] Participants exhibited a preoccupation with food, both during the starvation period and the rehabilitation phase. Sexual interest was drastically reduced, and the volunteers showed signs of social withdrawal and isolation.[1]:123-124 The participants reported a decline in concentration, comprehension and judgment capabilities

http://jn.nutrition.org/content/135/6/1347.full
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Minnesota_Starvation_Experiment

If you still want to proceed, discuss the best method with your doctor and get a referral to a registered dietician.
  • befitlon
    befitlon Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Inspirational Weight Loss Quotes

"Don't sacrifice your future for a momentary pleasure"

"Start doing what's necessary, then do what's possible, and suddenly you'll be doing the impossible! "

"Be specific in what you want, and use specific words. Empower yourself, and become the person you dream about!"

"The starting point of all achievement is desire. Keep this constantly in mind. Strengthen Your Desire! Weak desires bring weak results, just as a small amount of fire makes a small amount of heat. "
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    My long distance boyfriend is coming in march and I really want to look good for him as its our first time meeting in person and I feel all this pressure (not from him but from myself) to be in good shape.

catfish, anyone???
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    Inspirational Weight Loss Quotes

"Don't sacrifice your future for a momentary pleasure"

"Start doing what's necessary, then do what's possible, and suddenly you'll be doing the impossible! "

"Be specific in what you want, and use specific words. Empower yourself, and become the person you dream about!"

"The starting point of all achievement is desire. Keep this constantly in mind. Strengthen Your Desire! Weak desires bring weak results, just as a small amount of fire makes a small amount of heat. "

Like sacrificing your heart health and overall well-being for the sake of looking skinny for your birthday?
  • DebbieLyn63
    DebbieLyn63 Posts: 2,650 Member
    Options
    I think the fastest time on the Biggest Loser to reach 100 lb loss is 8 weeks, so technically it IS possible for a man to lose that much, if he is like over 500 lbs. That is a 20% reduction. A 2% reduction per week is a doable goal if one is strictly adhering to their diet and working out consistently.

That said, most of the people who lose insane amounts of weight that quickly on the show, and in real life, usually gain the weight back fairly quickly as well.

However, a 5'0" female trying to lose 10 lbs per week for 8 weeks straight, is not very likely. You might could do it for a couple of weeks, but after the initial water weight, your loss will slow. Perhaps you could pull off 40-50 in that time, but you would have to work hard to get there. If an internet boyfriend is enough motivation for you to get started on a healthier lifestyle, then great. Go for it. But what happens after he leaves. Will you continue to lose? What if he is a real jerk and breaks your heart? Will you binge to soothe your broken heart?

You need to find some long term motivation to get your body healthier for YOU. Not some guy you met on the internet.
    Now is the perfect age for you to make some life long changes. But do it in a healthy manner. Best wishes for you! You CAN get healthier!
  • Calliope610
    Calliope610 Posts: 3,775 Member
    Options
    Let's do the math>>>

80lb x 3500cals/lb = a deficit of 280,000 calories / 60 days = a daily caloric deficit of 4666. So basically you will have to eat absolutely zero and burn an additional 3000 calories a day.

Sure you can do it!!

BTW, at your current weight and age, you can probably burn about 100 cals/km jogging. Again more math>>

3000cals to burn / 100cals/km = 30km a day to jog. That's only 18 miles/day.

Or you could do more math and determine your TDEE, eat at a deficit of about 20-25% and lose weight in a sustainable and healthy manner, and best of all, keep the weight off.
This discussion has been closed.