Sick of it

Options
Hey everyone,

I've been on MFP for a while and I haven't had much success yet. I've reached rock bottom though. I currently weight 237lb when I used to weight 180lb 4 years ago. Time to get back on track. Looking for someone who has the same goal to keep each other accountable. I'm looking to drop 57lb and I'm taking this seriously from now on. Mostly for health reasons, I've decided to stop this and learn how to eat correctly because as weird as it sounds not many of us know how to eat in terms of portions and nutrients. Anyhow, support is greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Replies

• annAsami
    Options
    Hey there!

I know what you mean I haven't had any success at all over the many times trying to use this. My problem was starting BC 5 years ago. I auto gained 10 pounds and have gone up another 10 no matter what I try but now I need to kick it up so I can lose it and the only thing my doc said would help is to work twice as hard to counteract the BC...so helpful lol.

I would be happy to join you on your journey and hopefully we can each other along the way!!!
  • emhunter
    emhunter Posts: 1,212 Member
    Options
    I'm losing and losing slowly. I find that cutting carbs and sugar is the best way for me to move the scale. It's hard and many days I stumble, but it gets the job done.

Also, I suggest posting a picture and connecting with your MFP buddies. It really makes you log in and keep trying when you would have quit otherwise. I believe some of my best/most supportive and favorite friends have open diaries and daily loggers. Maybe just a coincidence, but I'm going with it for now. Good luck!! You will do it!
  • annAsami
    Options
    I agree with emhunter! Add a photo and think of it like a healthy facebook!! Instead of seeing stupid nonsense that people feel the need to post all day it is full of motivation, success, advice and acceptance!!!
  • jdad1
    jdad1 Posts: 1,899 Member
    Options
    i will add you if you so desire. Please add a profile pick though. Even if it is a quote or a logo i don't care. Gray alian people scare me. lol
  • smc122977
    smc122977 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I agree with what's already been said. Put up a photo, log in every single day, converse with your pals, keep your diary open and be open tips and advice.

Good luck, you can do this!
  • jdad1
    Options
    bump for my new friend. Everyone add him right now. That is a direct order. :smile:
  • jdad1
    Options
    add him you supportive folks
  • looseitnow99
    looseitnow99 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hey there!

I know what you mean I haven't had any success at all over the many times trying to use this. My problem was starting BC 5 years ago. I auto gained 10 pounds and have gone up another 10 no matter what I try but now I need to kick it up so I can lose it and the only thing my doc said would help is to work twice as hard to counteract the BC...so helpful lol.

I would be happy to join you on your journey and hopefully we can each other along the way!!!

Hey thank you for replying ! I think the reason why we don't have any success with this website is because I never took it seriously. I found it hard to really estimate portions of food eaten. Since then I purchased an electronic kitchen scale and even though its work, things need to be measuredif we hope to succeed. just to clarify things, when you say bc do you mean birth control ? I never know that could affect weight but im not surprised. I am happy to have you join me in my journey as I am sure we will succeed. One thing to remember is I've gained about 50somwrhing pounds in the past 5 years and the maim reason why I feel I have never lost it is that I gave up.I felt it was not in my control, life is too short to deprive yourself and etc. Yesterday I really felt sick of myself and this weight. And I'm loosing it, no matter what it takes. Anyways, keep in touch ! Sorry for typos I'm using my phone.
  • phyllisbobbitt
    phyllisbobbitt Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: i am sending a friend request your way! i joined june 2012 & have lost over 130 pounds! i am on here everyday & i think together we can support & encourage each other!
  • looseitnow99
    Options
    I'm losing and losing slowly. I find that cutting carbs and sugar is the best way for me to move the scale. It's hard and many days I stumble, but it gets the job done.

Also, I suggest posting a picture and connecting with your MFP buddies. It really makes you log in and keep trying when you would have quit otherwise. I believe some of my best/most supportive and favorite friends have open diaries and daily loggers. Maybe just a coincidence, but I'm going with it for now. Good luck!! You will do it!

Hey thank you for replying. Definetly carbs and sugar are a nono. I am cutting sugary drinks too, all those useless calories I used to consume. I posted a picture today. And I will post another one soon. Its amazing I've had this app for 1-2 years and I though it was pretty useless and it didn't work. But I was amazed at the responses I got. Thank you all for being there. It gave me a reason to fill my food log for today. Will keep you all up to date. Thanks a million!
  • looseitnow99
    Options
    I agree with emhunter! Add a photo and think of it like a healthy facebook!! Instead of seeing stupid nonsense that people feel the need to post all day it is full of motivation, success, advice and acceptance!!!

Lols photo is uploaded. I don't have Facebook for that specific reason. But I will add another photo soon. And when I do succeed I will add a before and after picture.

Thanks !
  • looseitnow99
    Options
    i will add you if you so desire. Please add a profile pick though. Even if it is a quote or a logo i don't care. Gray alian people scare me. lol

Jdad thank you for your reply ! And congrats to you on the progress ! Gray alien people? Lols you're right I think it looks better now

Keep in touch !
  • looseitnow99
    Options
    I agree with what's already been said. Put up a photo, log in every single day, converse with your pals, keep your diary open and be open tips and advice.

Good luck, you can do this!

Thank you for your reply! You're right, having someone to talk to and who understands the difficulties you go through is really essential for everyone's success. i am open to tips and advice.

Thanks again!
  • looseitnow99
    Options
    bump for my new friend. Everyone add him right now. That is a direct order. :smile:

Thank you J. I appreciate your input.
  • florentinovillaro
    florentinovillaro Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    I would be happy to add you as a friend to inspire and brainstorm with. I'll send you a request.
  • looseitnow99
    Options
    Okay so Day 1: not easy

This gas started off okay, but almost ended badly. I ate out at a restaurant but mostly salad bar so that was not bad.just very hard to know/measure quantities. I almost felt like eating some junk food but I made it pas today. Well see what tomorrow holds. I found that its important to keep warm at home. If its cold you tend to want to eat more often. This one cost me for a while.

This is getting long to type on a phone !

Talk soon!

Thanks again and good luck
  • looseitnow99
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: i am sending a friend request your way! i joined june 2012 & have lost over 130 pounds! i am on here everyday & i think together we can support & encourage each other!

Congratulations ! I can only imagine how great you must feel for having accomplished this. You are just another example that it can be done and you really proved it. I am glad to support and encourage each other !

Keep in touch
  • looseitnow99
    Options
    I would be happy to add you as a friend to inspire and brainstorm with. I'll send you a request.

Hey ! Thank you for the add! Congratulations on your progress ! I know it wasn't an easy road so far and the one coming won't be either but I am sure that if you keep this up you will do it. I am glad to share progress, thoughts and motivation with you.

Keep in touch!
  • llabruce4
    llabruce4 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I am in the same boat as you weight wise. I was 180 10 years ago, and am now 224. I was at 235ish back in november so am going in the right direction now , and have found this website as a great tool to try to get back in the 180s. Feel free to add me (and anyone else), because I definitely need the support and to be pushed
  • florentinovillaro
    florentinovillaro Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    I am in the same boat as you weight wise. I was 180 10 years ago, and am now 224. I was at 235ish back in november so am going in the right direction now , and have found this website as a great tool to try to get back in the 180s. Feel free to add me (and anyone else), because I definitely need the support and to be pushed

YES! MFP definitely made a difference in helping me track and realize how much over eating I was doing. At first the drastic reduction in food intake was hard, but now it feels like I'm eating normally and not depriving myself. Thank God for MFP.