Will you be doing anything different in 2014?

Options
I will be.

Generally I love weight lifting the feeling that comes with lifting something heavy with good form I also hate steady state cardio and anything choreographed.

So this year I'm going to do more steady state cardio (for me, more means 1-2 day a week :laugh: ) and will be taking a dance class since I think i've found one that caters towards people with no dance skillz.

what about you?

Replies

• Stripeness
    Stripeness Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    Yup!

Ratcheting back* on weightlifting to focus on balance, flexibilty, and core. Lots & lots of stretching, iso, & plyo work.

Goal: Regain balanced body and end 2014 below 150 lbs, ready to lift HEAVY in 2015!

*not eliminating - too much love :-)
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    More veggies, which directly translates to more soup and stews.
  • littlelexical
    littlelexical Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I will be losing weight this year!

In 2012 i lost approx 30kg... (medically supervised VLCD 800ish cals/day for most of the year) - in 2013 after doing much research was horrified what such a long low deficit does to your body and managed to lose another 5ish while learning about real food and real nutrition & what i need to eat to help my PCOS & thyroid...

Now I feel I have this somewhat worked out and am feeling human again, I intend to take this new knowledge - incorporate a deficit - and hopefully lose a bunch of weight this year - in a responsible manner :) Heck - I would really like to start some form of regular exercise too :)
  • bmason67
    bmason67 Posts: 886
    Options
    More cardio
  • goalss4nika
    goalss4nika Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    I would like to eat more veggies and start lifting weights.
  • aehenson
    Options
    More veggies for better nutrition! I started the Xtrain Fit 12 week progam 2 weeks ago; I'll complete that first, and then make a new fitness goal.
  • Broderick50
    Broderick50 Posts: 851 Member
    Options
    Working my lower body and my abs.
  • viktorijandz
    viktorijandz Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I will start working out at the gym every day! I am glad that the fitness suite at the campus was finished renovating. It is now more spacious and equipped with brand new machines so I am looking forward to start attending the gym right after I am back to Scotland. :}
  • Myxalplyx
    Myxalplyx Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Insanity!
  • yogicarl
    yogicarl Posts: 1,260 Member
    Options
    - more progressive calisthenics and yoga; dropping weights completely.

edit: regular swimming every week; pools and open water.
  • boymom75
    Options
    abs, abs, abs! I hate crunches or planks or any type of ab exercise but I desperately need them. I love me some cardio but looking to add weight/strength training as well.

Good luck everyone!:smile:
  • justal313
    justal313 Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    Well I've transformed myself into a runner. I need to work on my upper body strength for my upcoming MOB races (Mud, Obstacles, Beer). I failed spectactularly at some obstacles during tough mudder and the spartan sprint this year and I want to do better, especially at the spartan because burpees suck.
  • jimmmer
    jimmmer Posts: 3,515 Member
    Options
    I'm thinking of moving deadlift day from a Friday to a Saturday. Not exactly radical, I realise.

Other than that, I'm pretty happy.
  • ScientificExplorerGirl
    Options
    Start lifting weights.
  • bahls24
    bahls24 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    LIfting more weights
  • dettiot
    dettiot Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I definitely want to improve my weight lifting performance. I do a bit of strength training already, but I'm planning to do New Rules of Lifting for Women at some point in 2014--probably after April when I run my first half-marathon. I love running and the elliptical, so I'm hoping to find a way to make lifting something I at least enjoy more than I do now.

I have about twenty-five pounds until I hit my goal weight, but I know cardio-based weight loss isn't enough to give me the body I want--I'll need weights. So that's my goal!
  • angelmma
    angelmma Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I'm finally gonna get the body I've always wanted, and get fit and healthy again. I've had alot of health problems this year and I've put on 2 stone as a result and also my fitness has went to nothing. So I'm going to start back at swimming, gaelic and pole dance exercise. I'm also going to complete 30 day shred and start road biking and do a triathlon for charity. I'm not interested in being the fastest or best at the triathlon I just want to be able to complete it. Also gonna stop eating so much junk food.
  • LivvieO
    LivvieO Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Focust T25 and pole dancing.