How early do you get up for AM workouts?

Options
MFPeeps - Calling all AM workout folks - looks like my work schedule is changing for the month of January! (For now it's just Jan) - what time do you get up to work out? Ugh.....I can't give up my AM workouts but 4:45 am is SO EARLY!!!!

Replies

• tegalicious
    Options
    4:50-5:00 am. But I also go to bed at 9 pm.
  • aarar
    aarar Posts: 684 Member
    Options
    Personally I don't like working out or running on an empty stomach so I wake up earlier to allow time for breakfast & coffee first. Monday to Friday my alarm goes off at 4:05am, weekends it goes off at 5:05am.
  • Mav3rick54
    Mav3rick54 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Alarm goes off at 4:00....but sometimes I will hit the snooze one time.:laugh:

My goal is to be at the gym no later than 5:00.
  • kelseyjsnyder
    kelseyjsnyder Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I just decided to change my lazy lifestyle two days ago but Im stumped on when to work out! I have to be up by 3:30 am anywhat to be ready for work so if i wanted to work out in the morning id say id have to be up by 2 or so. Which i dont want to do. Then after work my hubby leaves for work as soon as i get home. And then ive got the 4 year old. So trying to figure out when to exersize. (no breaks at work either)
  • SMFRN
    SMFRN Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    My alarm goes off at 430! I may stay in bed for a bit depending the Dvd I am doing but if I don't do it the morning, it doesn't get done. Weekends are a different. I workout when I can because I want to sleep in. :)
  • Laughter_Girl
    Laughter_Girl Posts: 2,226 Member
    Options
    Based on all the comments, waking up at 6am to go workout is apparently sleeping in. :laugh:
  • nycdadgirl
    nycdadgirl Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    4 -5 Am to get it out of the way. Must be to work by 8:00
  • stt43
    stt43 Posts: 487
    Options
    Around 3am so I can get to the gym for 4am.
  • tealgrove
    tealgrove Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I feel extremely lucky when I see what time others are getting up to get their exercise in.

The alarm goes off at 6:00. I deal with dogs, have my breakfast and I'm on the elliptical by 6:45 am. I do almost an hour and then it's into the shower and I hit the road for work at about 8:00 am.

I'm also quite lucky in that I can get a work out in over my lunch hour. I hit the Curves around the corner several times a week to get my strength training in either over the lunch hour or on my way home.

Unfortunately with our busy lives and extremely hectic schedules sometimes you just have to fit it in wherever and whenever you can.
  • Fuax75
    Fuax75 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I am up at 4:45am everyday (except for rest day) for my training workouts. My wife works out in the afternoons when she comes home from work. She just can't do the morning workout.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    When I was doing mornings I was up at 4:30 and to the gym by 5:15. I don't get my best that early in the morning so I hit the gym in the evenings now after work which gets me home late but my lifting sessions are far better than they were in the mornings. I may switch back to mornings for a couple of months though with New Years and all.
  • bentobee
    bentobee Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    Ugh - I wish I could just get up for morning workouts. My kids are super light sleepers (despite noise machines in their rooms) and the moment I start stirring they are awake and all up in my business. I can't workout in front of them because they are crazy distracting and won't stop asking questions "momma, why are you doing that? What's that called? A squat? Hahahaha that's funny! Oh, momma, you look like you're getting hot! Are you hot?" Blah blah blah! It's funny in hindsight, but in the middle of a workout it drives me crazy.
  • ScientificExplorerGirl
    Options
    4:30 am. I generally have a cup of tea and then start my workout by 5:00 or a bit before. Of course I go to bed by 9:00. I've really enjoyed sleeping in until 6:00 over the holidays :smile:
  • tabbyxxcat
    tabbyxxcat Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Up at 5:15am, at the gym by 6am, at work by 7:20am :D
    I started this routine on a Monday, and that Sunday night I was crawling into bed like, "I think I should go to the gym before work tomorrow, I always make an excuse when I go after work".
    My boyfriends response? "You'll just have to reset your alarm in the morning. You won't be able to do it."
    I think that pushed me to really discipline myself. And look what I'm able to do now! :)
  • Cokebear83
    Cokebear83 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Alarm Goes off at 3:45 Tuesday through Friday and then anytime on Monday. 3:45 AM allows me time to brush my teeth, get my coffee around and use the bathroom so I can get to the gym by 4:15 and spend my one hour of anti-stress and me time. I then sometimes after work will go for a 2-3 mile run!
  • jodi41086
    Options
    normally about 5:45am get it done before work!
  • GregDiNoia
    Options
    I never considered myself a morning person - but found if I don't workout real early, it often does not happen. I think the key is just getting yourself used to waking up before 5 every weekday and doing it. Eventually it becomes easy.
  • dcr5452WECHANGED
    dcr5452WECHANGED Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Around 5am. My gym opens at 5:30 and I try to be there right when it opens. On weekends it opens at 7 but I still tend to wake up at around 5.
  • Meggles63
    Meggles63 Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    I'm one of those early birds, too! Alarm goes off at 5, and by 5:45, I'm lifting, jogging, etc. I'm on Winter break right now, so I've been "sleeping in" til 8!!!!!