new to mfp. need mfp friends and a lot of support!

Options
hi everyone, i am new to mfp, and really want to get my life back into order, a few years ago i let my physique go and i need to claim it back. i am still young, and i will be 27 in six months and with your help i want to lose 50 to 60 pounds by then. so i want your support and will be more than willing to give support back. thank you

Replies

• Scratch_MJ
    Scratch_MJ Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I am in the same boat. I am wanting to lose 50-60 pounds too. I'll add you.
  • katekross
    katekross Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Kate :) Welcome!
  • djxil
    djxil Posts: 357
    Options
    I am new too. My goal is less ambitious than yours, I plan to take about a year to lose 78#. Have you ever tried to lose 50 to 60# in six months?

In my short journey so far, I cut out all fast food, soft drinks, coffee, energy drinks and in the first week and lost 10#, the headaches were fierce. Drink lots of water.

My weight loss has been much slower over the last three weeks, one week, not losing a thing, then, I added exercise, not a lot but some, and have lost 22# so far.

My advice, be patient, it took you years to gain, give yourself time to lose. Think of it as a lifestyle change you are committed to rather then how much weight you can lose.

Good Luck
  • Picha72
    Options
    Hello! I learned about myfitnesspal a few years ago from a friend, but decided I would give it a try now. I did the low carb/no carb Ideal protein diet 2 years ago. While I did lose 20 pounds, it was a miserable way to do it. Needless to say I gained most of it back.
    I want to eat healthier, but I don't want to give up my fruits and other favorites...denying myself doesn't work well.

I love that this App is free and appears easy to use.

Here's to a healthier & leaner new year!
  • MJDuley
    MJDuley Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I'm back after an absence so I feel like I'm starting over. I'm happy to add you! :smile:
  • dlharwell
    dlharwell Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I'm just beginning, too. I needs to lose around 65 lbs.
  • destineern
    destineern Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I too am back after a hiatas of sorts! I have about 30 pounds to loose. I am a nurse, hopefully getting ready to transition in teaching. I am an active runner, but am have not gotten my eating under control. Starting today! Not Monday and not waiting until the new year! Could use all the support and friends I could get!!

Thanks!!:smile:
  • JenR_
    JenR_ Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Hi hi and welcome. Feel free to add me. I have about 60lbs to lose as well. There are great people on here, the support and encouragement are so helpful.:)
  • Corpsebride81
    Corpsebride81 Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    hi there I'm looking to lose about 50 lb as well I'm always on and give support so feel free to add me :)
  • jenimc13
    jenimc13 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I'd love to be your friend. I have 60# to lose also, but it took me at least 3-4 years to put the weight on, so if it comes off in that time, then great. With that said, I am shooting for a 2# loss per week.

My advice, be patient, it took you years to gain, give yourself time to lose. Think of it as a lifestyle change you are committed to rather then how much weight you can lose.

This perspective is so helpful. It's a good reminder to be patient and set realistic expectations. I have to remember that it doesn't mean cheating is ok, but logging on here and sharing my diary has had a profound impact on my willpower. Best of luck to you!
  • cdiele
    cdiele Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I am back after taking a 6 month break from MFP and watching the pounds slowly return.....please feel free to add me. I love all the community support of this site!!!:smile::smile:
  • groomchick
    groomchick Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    I love young, motivated people with goals!! :) I've been here a long time and am a very supportive daily user….if you think we would be a good match…give me an shout!
  • nancy_1968
    Options
    You are definitely not alone and I agree the more friends and encouragement the better !!!!
  • jaclynkay92
    jaclynkay92 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I would love to have some mfp friends. :D
  • itakitty
    Options
    Really good, sound advice. I have to tell myself I didn't gain it overnight and I went lose it overnight. Patience is key
  • Tealbutterfly913
    Tealbutterfly913 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I'm new to mfp also and could really use some friends! :smile:
  • BikerChickAlice
    BikerChickAlice Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I love young, motivated people with goals!! :) I've been here a long time and am a very supportive daily user….if you think we would be a good match…give me an shout!

Go for this lady! Amazing support, advice and motivation. Im 80lbs down and need to lose another 50+, lift weights and take things to the next level in the New Year. This woman taught me everything I know! I've been here 850+ days, and consider myself a good source of encouragement. Add us if you like ;-) Good luck either way!

Zara x
  • itzehoe
    itzehoe Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    Greetings from northern Germany. I try to encourage and comment on all my friend almost every day.

So feel free to add me. BTW - my name is Jason :-)
  • judywetzeljorgenson
    Options
    I am also new and looking to lose about 60 pounds. I just started adding exercise and I'm working on the nutrition. I have always been an emotional eater so that will be a big challenge for me but one I am ready to deal with. I'm looking forward to losing weight and being more active.
  • AKidNamedScooter
    Options
    50-60 pounds in 6months is very possible!! Just work hard and be patient!