First weigh in after christmas - eek

Options

Replies

• LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Options
    I'm up 1.5lbs so this year I've done pretty good :) it'll be gone in no time :-D
  • chunky_bird
    Options
    Well done chris!
  • A_Warrior_Princess
    A_Warrior_Princess Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    I feel your pain! I think I gained approximately 10 pounds over Christmas. Too much indulging and no exercise did not help. I am slowly getting back on track, drinking more water, reducing sodium etc..I know I will be back to where I started as long as I stay focused. Got 9 miles in this morning and going to get back to lifting weights. Hang in there!
  • angie235235
    Options
    I put on 6 at Christmas from 23-26th. Have joined this site 2 days and 3 have gone! Just turn the page and get back to it all 6 could be gone in a week!!
  • mammamaurer
    mammamaurer Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    lol screw weighing in until jan 24, i want some distance between me and the holidays
  • Joannesmith2818
    Joannesmith2818 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    I'm going to give it a few weeks so I can get back on track.
  • paigenevaeh
    paigenevaeh Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Just a pound! But I did two very long shifts at work (I'm a waitress, so running around all day), so I'm not too worried about it, it'll drop off by itself now I'm back to healthy eating.
  • nevertoooldtodoit
    nevertoooldtodoit Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Amen to that!
  • ThriceBlessed
    ThriceBlessed Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    I lost 4.6 pounds. However, the weeks prior were gains so I maintained over all for the last couple of weeks. All together in December I lost 8.3 pounds.
  • meganjcallaghan
    meganjcallaghan Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    I haven't weighed myself since monday but i only went a few hundred calories over 1200 net and even if i hadn't run on christmas and boxing day my total calories consumed were well under maintenance so i may not have lost as much as usual but probably haven't gained. That said, i am down to about 177 according to the doctor's scale as of last monday but the day before i was 182 on the digital scale at home. I don't necessarily trust that the old school doctor's scale was calibrated correctly since 5 pounds in about 14 hours seems unrealistic....i suspect my next weigh in at home will probably put me back at 180 ish since i suspect my scale was closer to the truth
  • MandaJean83
    MandaJean83 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    I was up about 6 lbs between Thanksgiving and Christmas. I ate a TON of cookies and cakes and candies...and I ate a ton of meals at restaurants! :)

The good news is, 2 lbs have fallen off in the past 2 days. On my way back to low 120's, here I come!
  • CharisSunny
    CharisSunny Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Up 4.8lbs

But I wont freak out about it. When you've lost as much as I have and you were aware of freedom in eating you really don't freak out about it :) It's the holidays and it was worth it to relax a little bit.
  • threechins
    threechins Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Reading through this quickly I think I've taken the award for biggest gain. 10.2lb since last Saturday. Not at all fussed, I logged throughout the week, so know that while there'll be a couple of pounds there, most is water.

What has been a real lesson for me is the effect the excess of Christmas has had on me, constantly tired, lethargic and often irritable purely as a result of food. But even worse was the combined effect of the diet and the motion of my long run on a confused digestive system: my glutes probably got a better workout than my legs this morning.
  • CariS001
    CariS001 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I lost 4.6 pounds. However, the weeks prior were gains so I maintained over all for the last couple of weeks. All together in December I lost 8.3 pounds.

WELL DONE!! :)
  • CariS001
    CariS001 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I'm waiting till Mon to weigh in. Right now, just focusing on clean eating and lots of water!!!
  • fat2fitdancody
    fat2fitdancody Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    I am 5.9 kg heavier than last week despite running 5 miles every day.
  • WannabeSC
    WannabeSC Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Came on quickly so most should come off quickly....get on it.
  • gangsterfurious
    Options
    I was down a pound the day after but I was also the one busting my butt off baking and cooking.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options
    I weight in yesterday and was actually surprised that I reached my goal weight plus a loss of .8 extra pounds. I intentionally overate on Christmas, or at least I thought I did.
  • ScottH_200
    ScottH_200 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    So...if you intentionally stopped your routine to cut it loose over the holidays, why are you surprised and bemoaning the fact you gained all that weight?