Your Main Photo - Why, What, Why Not

Options
I'm curious how people choose their primary photos. I suppose these can be important even powerful statements about ourselves or completely insignificant.

Can you explain your motivation for picking your photo?

Replies

• TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,793 Member
    Options
    This one looks the most like me. I'm not hiding behind my sunglasses or motorcycle. Plus, I like the way the sunlight brings out the little glod flecks in my eyes.
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    1. strong women are great
    2. neanderthal women were probably the strongest women ever
    3. I'm a palaeoanthropology nerd
    4. the caption was originally because I'm sick to death of the implication that women are supposed to aspire to be weak and feeble and the whole don't do anything strenuous or your uterus will fall out kind of thing, but I'm bored of it but have been too lazy to actually change it
  • charliex2202
    charliex2202 Posts: 4,281 Member
    Options
    I'm about to cut my hair in a few weeks and my daughter took this to remind me what i am about to give up lol.....reverse psychology me thinks
  • Sinisterly
    Sinisterly Posts: 10,913 Member
    Options
    Because I took it yesterday and I no longer look like a cat >.>
  • FatHuMan1
    FatHuMan1 Posts: 1,028 Member
    Options
    Because I'm near sighted.
  • Fullsterkur_woman
    Fullsterkur_woman Posts: 2,712 Member
    Options
    Mine's an action shot. I don't "look pretty" so there's no point in a duck-faced selfie shot; I wanted to have a picture showing that I am capable and awesome, shows off my interests, and also it's punny.
  • BlueAngelChar
    BlueAngelChar Posts: 1,364 Member
    Options
    Mines is because I used to be the size of a house and now I'm not and spend years hiding in black and baggy clothes! Now I flaunt it because I've worked my *kitten* off to achieve it and I'm damn proud!! :bigsmile:

Ps ... Love this thread!!!
  • MercenaryNoetic26
    MercenaryNoetic26 Posts: 2,747 Member
    Options
    Progress pic. Trying to lean out. I love flexin'.
  • BrotherSpankus
    Options
    Because owls are my spirit animal :3
  • Trechechus
    Trechechus Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    I like carbs
  • climbing_trees
    climbing_trees Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    I look cute in it
  • hotmomma0612
    hotmomma0612 Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    Showing off my beautiful baby bump!
  • Ely82010
    Ely82010 Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options
    Showing off my roses, and because I don't put my face or body in the internet.
  • HereComesSunshine
    Options
    Been working on inversions for awhile... This was one of my firsts and im so proud of starting I don't want to compare progress yet lol
  • hannahpistolas
    hannahpistolas Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Because CHECK OUT THIS TRANSFORMATION.
  • JamieG8991
    JamieG8991 Posts: 1,203 Member
    Options
    My first pair of skinny jeans!!! :bigsmile:
  • amcsouth
    amcsouth Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Because I can't post selfies on facebook and this picture shows how far I have come.... I actually have a shape other than "round" haha!! :laugh:

It also shows all my hard work and dedication. I'm very proud of it actually :smile:
  • lilredhead314
    lilredhead314 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    beginning and during progress pic. it's crazy to see have far I've came and how far I have to go.
  • Whereismycoffee
    Whereismycoffee Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Because I have a coffee addiction :drinker: and my friends and family pick on me about my putting entire 10 man raids:drinker: (girl gamer) on hold so that I can get more coffee:drinker:.

Also can't function in the mornings without at least 2 or 3 cups of joe.
  • CindaWhite
    CindaWhite Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Because my Mom has cancer and lost her hair so I purposely lost mine (My husband shaved it) in support of her. I had to keep the tail for two reasons. To remember how long it was. And because I had one in HS so I thought it might make me feel young again....Nah didn't work >(