First weigh in after christmas - eek

Options

Replies

• mrdexter1
    mrdexter1 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    up 12 lbs from start of December..

who cares, easy come easy go !

- it is not rocket science how I managed it, and no one can accuse me of being a bah humbug and party pooper over the festive season !

Roll on new year !
  • Kellllog
    Kellllog Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I'm up 3kg; but that WILL be gone plus a bit by the end of Jan!
  • lovebig30
    lovebig30 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    the day after Christmas I was up 4 lb but I weigh today and that was all gone my official day to weigh is Monday so I will see what king of loss I will get with my calories on Christmas iam only gong to average a 200 to 400 a day average defict for the week so I will be happy with just staying the same if I lost that's just a bonus as I ate whatever I wanted on Christmas and drank on Christmas eve.
  • Clovergirl143
    Clovergirl143 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Yes....I put on 4.6 pounds, putting me back in the next higher up weight bracket (I was at 348 before Christmas, now at 353). It was also my period this week, so I knew I was going to gain some. But at least it wasn't too bad! :)
  • davert123
    davert123 Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    mostly water / poop/ glycogen

will normalize in one week or so

after thanksgiving , i literally gained 8 lbs in 2 days lol

^^^ This is it
  • _Giselle_
    Options
    I gained 2 pounds. They're now gone again though. :)
  • sad0711
    sad0711 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Up 6 lbs. but I was sick for 2 weeks between Thanksgiving and Christmas and didn't wok\rk out at all during that time. Started back up on Christmas Day and am down 2 lbs. already. Just got to get back to my workouts and logging....I'm running a half marathon in 6 weeks.
  • cingle87
    cingle87 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    Im going to buck the trend here, I actually lost weight over the Christmas week oh the joys of working nights and not being able to drink. For me because I only have a flat Christmas meal alcohol is the kicker no over eating of yummy yummy food.
  • eldamiano
    eldamiano Posts: 2,667 Member
    Options
    I didn't put on any weight hee hee
  • mizzcasual
    mizzcasual Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I weighed myself after christmas day was up 1.5-2lbs. I haven't weighed myself again I haven't been to the gym either. I'm waiting til my weigh day in January now.
  • padams2359
    padams2359 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    Ate what I wanted. From Christmas Eve to Thursday, was up 5 lbs. to 153 as of today, down 5 lbs. Back to 148. Still 7 lbs under goal. Maintanance successful.
  • vniemo2
    vniemo2 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Stayed the same, no movement either way.
  • margo_1980
    Options
    I've just joined tonight been going great guns on my own lost 2 stone since September but just weighed in after Christmas and gained 4 pounds. Can someone please help me to refocus there's so much bloody food in the house!! :-(
  • CynthiaT60
    CynthiaT60 Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    I know there are others who would say "make it fit into your eating plan," but for me the answer is: throw or give it away. And then keep your food scale on the counter for a couple of days so you can log everything precisely.
  • JustMeee333
    Options
    there's so much bloody food in the house!! :-(
    ^^^ This, +1,000,000!!!
    What was meant to be one or two days of over eating has now turned into 4 days! So I've decided I'll have ONE more day then start totally afresh on Monday. Hopefully by then I'll have ate everything I could want, and not feel too bothered about all the food in the house. Weighed every morning since Christmas Eve (I know), and fluctuated about 6lb.
  • mizzcasual
    mizzcasual Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I was worried about gaining from all the christmas food. I finished 1 round tin chocolates , 1 small box of chocolates and a small packet of chocolates plus biscuits an crisps. I was about 65ish only went up to 66.5. Not too bad as I thought it would be. I've been drinking so much water each day I don't know if the water helped although I haven't eaten that much waking up late skipped breakfast occasionally. An before christmas the month I wasn't eating any chocolates or sweets, crisps etc. There's not too much left now. There is a tin unopened think I'll give it a miss.
  • Mangopickle
    Mangopickle Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    So my mother in law was given the $100 basket of chocolate. 5lbs of handmade milk and white chocolate from Harry and David. She is a marathoner. She gave it to my husband, a runner and biker. He handed it to me to take to coffee break after Mass at St Mary's. unopened, untouched. When I asked if he wanted to sample it first he quoted Dirty Harry ...."A man has got to know his limitations". Take all those leftovers to church or work or throw them away.
  • septembergrrl
    septembergrrl Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I put on two but -- TMI alert-- my period's due in a few days. I'm really hoping it melts off after that, especially since I've been pretty much plateau'd since Thanksgiving :-(.
  • pinky6767
    Options
    I weigh myself tomorrow morning ! but, i'm sure i'll be up a few pounds too. Don't panic, just get back out there, up there, on there !! heehehe whatever it is that you do to exercise or burn off the calories. I plan to get back outside and walk more.
  • c8linmarie
    c8linmarie Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    Weigh-in day is Monday ... not looking forward to it.