Not waiting for New Years day

Options

Replies

• rjpittner
    rjpittner Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I had the same thoughts yesterday! I looked at my husband and I's Christmas pictures and was just like oh...my...gosh--that is me?? After gaining ten pounds this past year, I wasn't about to wait until the New Year to start kicking my butt back into shape. Started 30 day Shred with Tabata 3x a week +Ab/leg/arm routines. I feel so awful about my appearance right now. We can do it!!
  • boymom75
    Options
    I'm with you! I haven't been happy with the way I've looked at all this year plus I just feel sluggish. Why wait a week? I started the day after Christmas!
    I think eating better and starting to workout again will help not only help me look better physically but help emotionally as well. I went to the gym after a 3 week hiatus on Thursday and it felt awesome. I didn't go yesterday but I'm going this morning, on a Saturday no less. I got a heart rate monitor for Christmas to keep me motivated.

Good luck to everyone! We can do this!!! feel free to add me for support, I log on daily and am extremely motivated. :smile:
  • twixlepennie
    twixlepennie Posts: 1,074 Member
    Options
    All of the Christmas pictures I was in really disappointed me. I see one image looking in a mirror but a completely different one when I look at those pictures. Does anyone else have that happen? Because the pictures will forever be a constant reminder of how large I have become, I decided to start fixing things today, not waiting until New Years day, but TODAY. With having 100 lbs to lose and suffering from osteoarthritis, this will be slow, but doable. I am excited to read and research daily on MFP. Thank goodness there is a site like this. WE can do it ! Good luck to all my current and future MFP friends!

You have a great attitude-starting now, instead of pushing it off is going to get you off to a great start :smile:
  • JamieK84
    JamieK84 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Yes, I know what you mean completely! I look in the mirror and think, "Hmmm, I don't look bad. Could definitely look better but it's not awful." Then I see pictures of myself and I'm just blown away by how much bigger I am than I thought and "Wow, this is how other people must see me." It's depressing, but that's why I'm doing something about it! I was going to wait for New Years, then thought how silly that was and decided to start today. Feel better about myself already. Good luck to everyone in 2014, I hope you all attain your goals!
  • jakenlu2
    Options
    There is definitely something about a photo that can bring you up short. I had one taken with Santa at a work event, and I was shocked. I'd been putting on weight slowly over the past five years, and I knew it but I had convinced myself it wasn't that bad. That photo told a different story. But that's OK because it turned out to be a motivator for me. Guess that was my gift from Santa this year. :) Then a week or two ago, I walked past a chain link fence where someone had woven in ribbon and spelled out "Every day is a beginning." They're right. No need to wait for some arbitrary date like January 1 to start something. My dad used to say something like that, too. So "Yay!" to me and to all of you who just started because it was time to do something. Thanks for all the inspiration.
  • Rocklinite
    Rocklinite Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Same here! I'm not waiting for New Years to start logging my food and sticking to a calorie goal. I started 2 days ago because I gained weight this holiday season. Pictures of me looked awful and my clothes were really tight. The eve. of the 26th, something pretty awful happened. I got food poisoning from a family Christmas dinner. Actually 9 of us got violently ill the following eve. (the 26th). It was hell. :( I think it was a dip, but I'm not sure and maybe I don't want to know. I did manage to eat a little bit of food after about 12 hours, which I logged so I'm still on track. I haven't exercised in over 8 weeks so this is something I need to work on. I feel pretty dedicated right now and plan to start off slowly by walking the dog.
  • HappyGrape
    HappyGrape Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    Same here! I'm not waiting for New Years to start logging my food and sticking to a calorie goal. I started 2 days ago because I gained weight this holiday season. Pictures of me looked awful and my clothes were really tight. The eve. of the 26th, something pretty awful happened. I got food poisoning from a family Christmas dinner. Actually 9 of us got violently ill the following eve. (the 26th). It was hell. :( I think it was a dip, but I'm not sure and maybe I don't want to know. I did manage to eat a little bit of food after about 12 hours, which I logged so I'm still on track. I haven't exercised in over 8 weeks so this is something I need to work on. I feel pretty dedicated right now and plan to start off slowly by walking the dog.

Oh no, how terrible!

I am on day 3 and feel so much better. I did feel bit down yesterday, but fantasitc today - munching on huge salad
  • Shawnalou46
    Shawnalou46 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Good morning! It's a beautiful day in central Missouri (so far it's a warm day for December 28th). Our tree and lights are put away and now the goals begin. I have a wedding to prepare for in June 2014. My first born!!! I need to lose a significant amount of weight. My goal for February is 200lbs. I currently weigh 235. We can do this!!! I logged my Saturday morning breakfast ( we usually do a large one) and discovered I have eaten almost my whole day's worth of calories on one meal :(. But, this is just the beginning! Happy New to all!!!
  • ChikFitness
    ChikFitness Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Same here. I went to my best friend's baby shower 2 months ago and I looked bigger than her in one of the pictures. My mom took it and was asking why I was mad all of a sudden. Horrible...I don't think anyone took pictures this Christmas thankfully.

ETA: I am also not waiting for New Years day. I'm starting (over) today!

I know that feeling. I currently weigh about 3 pounds less then my almost 9 month pregnant sister in law. That was just an extra kick of motivation for me!

I have been trying to eat better (hard to do while at the parents until January) and working out since the end of Nov. I've done pretty good, minus 5 days of being sick and christmas and boxing day lol. But I'm back on MFP and exercising again. Maybe since we started before new years it won't turn into a dead end new years resolution!
  • jodi41086
    Options
    I started xmas day! Give myself an extra week to get back into my routines!! Set goals!! 18 weeks until my husband and I step on stage again
  • HappyGrape
    HappyGrape Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    I started xmas day! Give myself an extra week to get back into my routines!! Set goals!! 18 weeks until my husband and I step on stage again

Is this you on the picute! Out of topic but your body is insane!!!!
  • GFielding_56
    GFielding_56 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    That's exactly the attitude you need!

I started last year on December 6th - I know because it was the same day I started logging daily on MFP and got my Fitbit One.

Get started get focused and start losing!

The sooner you start the sooner you start losing - by new year you could have lost your first pound or two!

Good luck!
  • MaryJane_8810002
    MaryJane_8810002 Posts: 2,082 Member
    Options
    I felt the exact same way in 2011 when I went to a family function and I did not recognize myself in any of the pictures...
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    Good for you!! You will look back on this and feel proud with how far you have come. :drinker: :flowerforyou:
  • Iamreadynow82
    Options
    I've just started my eating plan and just like the rest of you I'm not waiting for the New Years. I'm about 62 pounds over and about this time next year I like to have reached my goal and with yalls continue motivation I know I can do it!!!
  • NyhLauni
    NyhLauni Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am starting today. I am tired of gaining weight. I really lack motivation right now causer I'm dealing with so much.
  • NyhLauni
    NyhLauni Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hopefully joining this site can motivate me to do what is required to lose a few pounds and stay healthy and fit. I just want to lost 10 to 15 pounds and go from there. I pray we all reach our goals. Good luck ladies:flowerforyou:
  • angel79202
    angel79202 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    I started again yesterday..had a body analysis done today..ready to do this all again and keep it off :)
  • Shawnalou46
    Options
    Good morning! It's a beautiful day in central Missouri (so far it's a warm day for December 28th). Our tree and lights are put away and now the goals begin. I have a wedding to prepare for in June 2014. My first born!!! I need to lose a significant amount of weight. My goal for February is 200lbs. I currently weigh 235. We can do this!!! I logged my Saturday morning breakfast ( we usually do a large one) and discovered I have eaten almost my whole day's worth of calories on one meal :(. But, this is just the beginning! Happy New to all!!!
  • Shawnalou46
    Options
    It is a COLD day here in Central Missouri. I still walked my dog this morning. He doesn't like the cold weather either. Sunday is a lazy day here. The Kansas City Chiefs are getting ready to play and I don't do a lot of exercise today. But, tomorrow is a water areobics class (indoors!) and I will try out one of my new Jane Fonda DVD"s! GOAL: 30 lbs by February.