Back to MFP! Friend Requests Appreciated :)

Options
Hi again! I am not new to MFP, but haven't been as strict over the last 2 years. I am a 29 year old wife/teacher/mom to 4 that is getting back on track! My youngest is turning one year old next month, so it is time to lost this baby weight.

In 2011-2012, I went from 180 lbs (size 14/16) to 125 lbs (size 4/6) by logging my food here. I know I can do it, I know it works! I also know it is hard work and being surrounded by all this amazing Louisiana food is rather tempting LOL

I'm currently 153 lbs, which isn't awful, except that i'm 5'2" :) My goal for 2014 is to get back down to 120-125, as well as start some light exercise. I eat around 1300 calories daily, but fluctuate as needed as I am still breastfeeding. There are days when i'm just downright hungry, and don't mind going over calories to keep my daughter fed too :)

If you are looking to add friends, or have similar goals, please feed free to add! I keep my food diary open at all times, even if the logs aren't pretty for that day :)

Replies

• KalieHudson
    KalieHudson Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Welcome back Miranda! It really sounds like you know what you're doing since you have been so successful in the past. Making friends on here is great to help keep you motivated and accountable. It has really made a difference for me. I have sent you a friend request. I love to support fellow MFP friends. Anyone feel free to add me!
  • horseswinelife
    horseswinelife Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Welcome Back - friend request being sent now!
  • lpshizza
    lpshizza Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Hi again! I am not new to MFP, but haven't been as strict over the last 2 years. I am a 29 year old wife/teacher/mom to 4 that is getting back on track! My youngest is turning one year old next month, so it is time to lost this baby weight.

In 2011-2012, I went from 180 lbs (size 14/16) to 125 lbs (size 4/6) by logging my food here. I know I can do it, I know it works! I also know it is hard work and being surrounded by all this amazing Louisiana food is rather tempting LOL

I'm currently 153 lbs, which isn't awful, except that i'm 5'2" :) My goal for 2014 is to get back down to 120-125, as well as start some light exercise. I eat around 1300 calories daily, but fluctuate as needed as I am still breastfeeding. There are days when i'm just downright hungry, and don't mind going over calories to keep my daughter fed too :)

If you are looking to add friends, or have similar goals, please feed free to add! I keep my food diary open at all times, even if the logs aren't pretty for that day :)

You really need to eat more than 1300 calories a day if you are breastfeeding. I didn't start dieting until I weaned my daughter a few months ago. 1700-1800 at least
  • harleyjax
    harleyjax Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Welcome back!

Anyone may add me as well, I'm on everyday!!
  • Redirishmike
    Options
    Thanks for friending... I too am always looking for mutual encouragement! Anyone can add me as well.
  • MirandaDeCrane
    MirandaDeCrane Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys!
  • lesleyt1982
    lesleyt1982 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    hi hun,
    i'm in the same position as urself, i have gone from 14 1/2 st to 12 st and back up to 13st+, i did so well and then slipped back into bad habits again. this time tho it has to be it.
    i'm gettin married in 2015 and don't want to be a fat bride.

i used to be religous with logging and found when i stopped loggin thats when i slipped. so i'm back and ready to log from monday. plz add me.
    we'll do it together.

lesley
  • teachmama79
    teachmama79 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Welcome back! I'm in the same boat as you and I 2nd the post that stated having/making friends on here is truly helpful! Sending a friend request your way!

Anyone feel free to friend me! The more support we give each other, the better! :)
  • jessicawilson4
    Options
    I will send some requests along! :)
  • mh_wysor
    Options
    Sending one your way, welcome back.
  • KSlice122
    KSlice122 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm also in the same situation. You can add me and we'll keep each other motivated!

What helped you to stay motivated to lose the weight before? What's your biggest hurdle?
  • fat2strongbeth
    fat2strongbeth Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    Welcome back! Request sent.