Surprising visit to the doctors

Options
heyydanie
heyydanie Posts: 103 Member
Every couple months I SWEAR I'm going to be better, and keep track of things. I obsess, I cut my food intake, I hit the gym hard.

...And then I get burned out, and stop doing it. But you know what?

When I was at my highest weight in January 2013, I was THREE HUNDRED POUNDS. I don't know how I got there. But last week I had to go get a physical for my job. The nurse asked me to get on the scale. I didn't want to, because I hadn't been keeping track of my calories or working out or anything. So I stepped on the scale, closed my eyes, and waited until she told me I could get off. I didn't want to be told I had gained weight.

And then she said I weight 236 lbs. Two hundred and thirty six pounds. What!? I lost 64 lbs this year!? When the hell did that happen??

Renewed determination, and always looking for new motivation buddies. 2014 is going to be my year!

Replies

• JAHodgkinson_uk
    JAHodgkinson_uk Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Wow! That's so impressive!
  • shaplebound
    shaplebound Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    That is FANTASTIC!!!! That should be YOUR MOTIVATION, to keep on Losing, You're on a roll, KEEP MOVING,,, YOU CAN DOOOO IT!!!!
  • vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    Options
    Good job!!! You are now fired up to take off the rest & when that dreaded time comes when you cheat or get lazy just accept it as a bump on the road (not a DEAD END) to success ! NO MATTER WHAT stay with MFP, the goods & the bads happen to every winner too!!!
  • Sky212
    Options
    AWESOME - that means we really can wish this weight away. :-)

Congratulations. You must have been doing something right. Didn't you notice that your close were getting baggy?
  • Sky212
    Options
    oops - I meant clothes, of course. I really do need to proof read more.
  • CarolinkaCjj
    CarolinkaCjj Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    What a pleasant surprise! Thanks for sharing your story.
  • dorrymc
    Options
    Awesome! Please get in touch if you think I can help? All the best x :happy:
  • saracantthink
    saracantthink Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Great Job!!!! That is awesome, now you get to go shopping =)
  • lighteningjeanne855
    Options
    Congratulations!
    You must have been doing SOMETHING right!
    What a wonderful way to go into 2014!.
  • Saritamac25
    Saritamac25 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    AWESOME!!!
  • elly620
    elly620 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Absolutely amazing! You go girl!!!
  • AlmondLily
    Options
    Wow congratulations! That's awesome! Lots of luck and encouragement in 2014. :)
  • Ejourneys
    Ejourneys Posts: 1,603 Member
    Options
    Fantastic! Go you!
    I know what it's like to dread getting weighed at the doctor's. Not having to deal with that dread is fabulous.
    Keep up the great work -- here's to a healthier 2014!
  • stephaniecaine82
    stephaniecaine82 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I love this, great job!
  • heyydanie
    heyydanie Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    AWESOME - that means we really can wish this weight away. :-)

Congratulations. You must have been doing something right. Didn't you notice that your close were getting baggy?

I did to an extent, but I had baggy clothes to begin with (because they were more comfortable) so I just didn't think anything about it. I think it was just a combination of new job (preschool teacher, so I'm ALWAYS on my feet running around), and unintentionally eating less. I didn't set out saying "I'm going to cut back on how much I eat," I just started cutting portions in half.
  • emilyc85
    emilyc85 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    That is crazy awesome!! Way to go you :D

Good luck in your continued fitness goals!! :D:D
  • meganuhl1
    meganuhl1 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    That's how I felt at my first yearly back to my midwife 13 months after having my last baby. I had lost about 60 lbs by cutting portion sizes by nearly half. Since then I bought a treadmill and workout like crazy and count calories. I am down 130 now since I had my last baby. Cant wait for my next yearly with her to see her look on her face in a couple more months. My next goal by that time is around 30 lbs so close to 160 lbs lost by then (if I can hit that goal)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!