How early do you get up for AM workouts?

Options

Replies

• rainbow198
    rainbow198 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    I wake up at 7am, put on my workout clothes, head to the basement, workout for 30 mins - 1 hour, shower then head to my home office to begin my work day.

Then I usually workout again a couple hours after dinner a few days per week as well.
  • ILoveGingerNut
    ILoveGingerNut Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    people what time do you go to bed? especially the ones getting up at 3-4 am?
  • PinkNinjaLaura
    PinkNinjaLaura Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    Most of my workouts are after work - I see a trainer 3 days a week in the evening & take Pilates one day a week after work. Saturdays I try to run outside whenever possible, and since I live in Minnesota I try to go during whatever looks to be the warmest part of the day in the winter, although in the summer I was heading out as early as possible to get the coolest part of the day. Sundays I go to the gym whenever the mood strikes me. In the summer I was rolling out of bed at 5:00 to run a couple of mornings before work but now that I'm having to run on the treadmill (doesn't feel safe running on snowy roads in the dark) I'm just doing it before or after my trainer sessions. I originally was going to the gym to run in the morning but it's so busy starting around 5:00 that you can't always get a treadmill.
  • GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options

I'm usually in bed around 8-9 pm and get up at 3. Too many years of long commutes trained me to get up early and now I love being able to get most things done before normal people are even hitting the snooze button for the first time.
  • QuincyChick
    QuincyChick Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    gym opens at 5, so 4:45.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options

I get up at 3AM and go to bed at 10PM
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    I start at 4am
  • sydneybeachgirl
    Options
    lol...My AM runs from 8am till 11am :)
  • Beautyandthebeef
    Options
    Wow props to all of you! I only had to wake up @ 630-7am and I would get really tired so early in the day (before I was done @ my 2nd job) that I couldn't do it! Great job all!
  • Mishy
    Mishy Posts: 1,551 Member
    Options
    I'm a morning person, which makes getting up early easier. I try to get as much packed as possible the night before so when my alarm goes off at 4:30 I don't have too much to get done before I'm out the door. With that said I go to bed no later than 9:30 during the week.
  • mlb929
    mlb929 Posts: 1,974 Member
    Options
    My alarm is set at 5:15 in the winter. Over the summer I look at what daylight is - set it for 30 min early so I can run as soon as it's light out, frequently that's about 4:15.
  • rabblerabble
    rabblerabble Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    Wake at 4:30, quick breakfast, then hit the gym right at 5. Great way to start the day.
  • c8linmarie
    c8linmarie Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    I go for my morning walk just before sunrise ... whatever time that might be (depends on the time of year). Right now, sunrise is somewhere around 7:15AM. I don't like to go out while it's still dark outside.
  • Julesbait
    Julesbait Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Alarm goes off at 3:15am. Put on workout clothes, eat breakfast, piddle on FB and MFP, then working out by 4am.

I try to be in bed by 9pm. Doesn't always happen, though. I know I need more sleep. :/
  • dorrymc
    Options
    Impressed. Have never gone out to the gym when it's dark. Got to do it now. My gym is 24 hour so no excuse. x
  • Journeyforhealth
    Options
    Ugh - I wish I could just get up for morning workouts. My kids are super light sleepers (despite noise machines in their rooms) and the moment I start stirring they are awake and all up in my business. I can't workout in front of them because they are crazy distracting and won't stop asking questions "momma, why are you doing that? What's that called? A squat? Hahahaha that's funny! Oh, momma, you look like you're getting hot! Are you hot?" Blah blah blah! It's funny in hindsight, but in the middle of a workout it drives me crazy.

Love the visual! Thanks for the laugh!
  • Journeyforhealth
    Options
    Loved reading the post! Truly showed how it is a mental attitude to be prepared to get going in the morning. I know I've heard morning is best, but being a night owl, it is hard to get going in the mornings. Great work to all of you!
  • keithmustloseweight
    Options
    Who are you people.
  • dontgobacktosleep
    dontgobacktosleep Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I stagger downstairs around 4:30

This sounds ridiculous but I am convinced I don't really wake up until halfway through a 40 minute workout, which thereby qualifies as sleeping until 5:15... problem solved ;)

This is an awesome concept. Unfortunately for me, I'm awake, when I get out of bed, so I'm fully conscious while I'm on the stairclimber in the morning. But, the thought of 'sleep-exercise....' wouldn't that just be the best? You wake up to find that you did an entire workout in your sleep?

n8treadmill.jpg

... but would it qualify as a rest day?
  • MzzFaith
    MzzFaith Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    4:30 am the gym open at that time so it's about 5:05 when I make it there