First weigh in after christmas - eek

Options

Replies

• kstoyko
    Options
    I'm too afraid to weigh myself yet... haha I'm actually planning on NOT weighing myself and getting back to all my usual eating and exercising and hope in a week or two when I finally gain the courage to weigh myself again, I won't even know how much I gained!

Strange method? Maybe. But it makes me feel a bit better.

On a side note, I am SO HAPPY to have this thread to read after I just ate WAY too many Christmas cookies and was feeling really guilty about falling short of my usual ultra-healthy eating habits. You all are right, I am healthy and active and a few pounds over the holidays isn't going to destroy all the hard work I've done over the last two years.

:) Thanks everyone. And the cookies were freakin' DELICIOUS, by the way.
  • djxil
    djxil Posts: 357
    Options
    My weigh-in is tomorrow afternoon, I snuck an unofficial one just now and I gained a couple pounds, I normally eat light Sunday meals so I hope to maintain my previous weight.

Here is what I was tempted by (I was assigned to bring homemade Chili and confections to the family dinner)...

I made Peanut Butter Balls, think a large jar of Creamy PB, 3/4 of a bag of powered sugar and semi-sweet or dark chocolate, heaven might taste like these and I bloody made about 60 and ate two or three, normally, I eat 10 or more. I used the Recipe builder here and they came out to be only about 166 calories each.

I made Take 5's, again, maybe one or two were eaten. 228 calories each. I made bird's nests with Chow Mein Noodles and chocolate, ate one maybe, about 211 calories. I made Chili (279 C), Spaghetti Sauce (247 C), Salsa (73 C), Vegetable Soup , Chicken Cashew Casserole (366 C) , yeah, I was off work and busy cooking.

And, with any luck and immense control, I may break even, I will post tomorrow afternoon!
  • saracantthink
    saracantthink Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I gained 3 =( I may have to wait until summer to lose it (and more) since I am 10 weeks pregnant. I really wanted to put off weight gain as long as possible, but it is what it is I guess.
  • sarahslim100
    sarahslim100 Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    i am the same weight. but feeling sick after eating so much butter
  • mscountrygirl39456
    mscountrygirl39456 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I weighed in on Monday the 23 @ 255, stepped up on the scales on Thursday morning the 26 and was 249.8, this morning was 250.4 ..........
  • dorrymc
    Options
    Yes it's a hard time of the year. If I can help in any way please ask. Good luck for the future x
  • 33Freya
    33Freya Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    Ehhh up 2... the result of lots of "f'it moments" but hey tomorrow is a new day... each day is. Begin again ;)
  • cafeaulait7
    cafeaulait7 Posts: 2,459 Member
    Options
    I went down 3 lbs from where I was (but that was up about a lb or so). The thing is, I've stayed down each day since! That's unusual. I didn't go over maintenance by much, but I'm doing better on the scale than usual, lol. Weird. Eggnog is magic :D
  • Jaejoongies
    Jaejoongies Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Lost a lil more than 2 lbs.
  • Roaringgael
    Roaringgael Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Lost .8kg (1.7lbs). Planned my Christmas day as its the beginning of my journey and didn't want to derail.:smile:
  • 2013sk
    2013sk Posts: 1,318 Member
    Options
    Up 2.5lbs.... could be worse I suppose, no exercise for 3 days and not drinking as much water as I normally would!!! All I want to do is watch movies and eat rubbish

Im not worried because a week of lots of water, my workouts of sweat it will go.... I hope : )
  • ivikatasha
    ivikatasha Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Lost 4 pounds o.O

I probably barely overate on christmas, didn't log, and kept to my normal workouts.
  • LisaOnAMission007
    Options
    Oh ya! I was off for a few days, and weighed myself two days ago and was up nearly six pounds! As of this morning, I'm only a pound away from being where I was before the holidays. Phew! I just went back to plan yesterday with lots of water, low sodium, and a thirty minute work out.
  • ElizabethFuller
    ElizabethFuller Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    Weighed myself this morning and I'm 2kg up :sad:
    I'm not panicking (yet), I really didn't overeat that much - isn't it about 3,500 calories for every pound of fat? So that would be over 15,000 excess calories? I have logged right through the holiday and I think I probably only ate an excess of about 6000 calories, so I hope it's just water and glycogen that will drop off once my routine gets back to normal............please?
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I've maintained. Which I guess I should be happy about, but it's the time after my period when I usually lose, which means I won't lose more for 3 weeks. My main worry is going back on track at this point though and go back to losing vs maintaining.
  • pineapple_jojo
    pineapple_jojo Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    I'm too afraid to weigh myself yet... haha I'm actually planning on NOT weighing myself and getting back to all my usual eating and exercising and hope in a week or two when I finally gain the courage to weigh myself again, I won't even know how much I gained!

I quite like this plan!! I'm due to weigh in on Saturday the 4th as my first weigh in after the holidays - don't think it's gonna be pretty!
  • Phrick
    Phrick Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    I'm up 12 lb from the last time I weighed - but I've been pretty well off the wagon (in fact, couldn't even SEE the wagon anymore) till yesterday, and the last time I weighed was in November sometime. With relatives visiting, Thanksgiving, birthdays, multiple Christmas celebrations… yeah. I have no one to blame but myself, and I'm not whining. I know what I did to me, and I'm back to undo it - and I have a year to teach myself NOT TO DO IT AGAIN.
  • CynthiaT60
    CynthiaT60 Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    (in fact, couldn't even SEE the wagon anymore)
    :bigsmile: Yeah, we all know the feeling!
  • gabrielleelliott90
    gabrielleelliott90 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    I weighed in and gained 3lb, or so I think, my scales aren't always correct. Gained back those 3lb I lost but I'll lose them again. And this was from Christmas day and boxing day.
  • gabrielleelliott90
    gabrielleelliott90 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    I put on two but -- TMI alert-- my period's due in a few days. I'm really hoping it melts off after that, especially since I've been pretty much plateau'd since Thanksgiving :-(.

Same with me effing hate the water weight gain.