lost inches but now weight please advice

Options
hi ive started cardio and strenght training...becoming lean waist from 45 to 39- dress size from 24 to 18- yesterday i weighed myself im 193 lbs- its been since 4th nov- i look lean- what do i do- im on healthy carbs 1 cup cooked brown rise only that too i divide half and have for dinner and lunch -eat proteins and veggies- i am well under my 1200 cals max 1300 cals- what is wrong? how would i loose weight my target is 121 lbs

Replies

• amartin7889
    Options
    How much are you exercising?
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    keep doing what you're doing. You're clearly losing fat. Maybe your bone density has increased, plus some "noob" muscle gains are possible while eating at a deficit. Noob gains are a one-off though, so keep on going and the weight should start to come off.

the fact you've lost so many inches and gone down to a smaller dress size is a sign that you've definitely lost fat. And that's more important than weight on the scale.

If the inch loss stalls too, then double check that you're measuring portion sizes accurately and not overestimating calorie burns. But so long as the inches keep going down, then don't change anything
  • sameena2013
    Options
    hi i do leslie sansone 68 minutes 5 miles slim walk and alternate day i biggest loser 4 miles power walk 60 minutes and 20 minutes of beginner strenght training from barb harper
  • blondelis50
    blondelis50 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I was asked this question many times over the 8 years I worked in a woman's fitness club as a personal trainer. Inches lost, the scale wouldn't move. I would ask my clients about the frequency, intensity, type of workout they were doing. Strength training tones and burns fat. Muscle weighs more than fat. A tone physique is a smaller size, but may not show on the scale. No worries The pounds WILL come off. .Also, are you eating enough? You have to eat to lose weight. Your body will go into fat store mode if you do not. However, you must eat the right kinds of food, lean protein, complex carbs,etc. ....try meeting your calorie limit, keep exercising and see if that helps...I used to tell my clients to give me 3 months of your complete dedication and discipline and I will guarantee results. So, don't be discouraged, give your body time to catch up with itself. Be gentle with yourself and keep up the good work!:flowerforyou:
  • alexandriax03
    alexandriax03 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    I don't think you're eating enough. Increase your calorie intake by 200 or 300 calories.
  • sameena2013
    Options
    aww thank you so much- it really means a lot!! hope we can be friends one question although some blogs say to eat back burnt calories?? is it ok although i eat in intervals and do not feel the need to do so..