How to properly fix a damaged metabolism?

Options
2»

Replies

• cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,124 Member
    Options
    i have a very serious weight struggling battle too
    I lost about 7 kgs 2 months ago but now gained 2 kgs
    Although i exercise & eating below 1200 calories daily only
    Natural stuff as chicken, fruits, ...etc
    i'm really fruatrated of my body as i still have 7 kgs to go
    and lose them by every possible mean
    would you guys help me please ?
    tell me what should i do .
    thanks

Start your own thread for advice. You are in the "Maintaining Weight" subforum. You probably want to post this elsewhere so you 1. aren't highjacking & 2. you'll get actual advice.
  • doaa_abdelatif
    Options
    i'm a girl not a man :D
    then i didn't fully understand your advice :S
    would you explain more what should i do again?
    sorry if i may bother you but you seem like a well knowledged guy
    thanks
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options
    youngcalorieburner,

From what you describe, this does not sound like damaged metabolism to me. It sounds more like your body is having natural weight fluctuations. If you weigh yourself at different times of the day, there can be big differences. Pick a day an time to weight yourself and go off of that weight.

How do you believe you damaged your metabolism?
  • youngcalorieburner
    Options
    Alright so although ive been eating 2000 cals everyday and i have been gaining on that, as of dec 28th i went back to 1500 cals and lost almost 10lbs on sunday morning so i guess ive been gaining water and not fat. So im just going to bump it up 100 cals every weekend until i get back to maintenance. Hopefully this works and my metabolism gets back to normal.
  • Springfield1970
    Springfield1970 Posts: 1,945 Member
    Options
    This helped me to not go insane. I weighed everyday and kept an average weekly weight chart. I plotted my net cals under that so I could visually see what was happening. I did high amounts of exercise for three weeks on a deficit 10% under and only when I stopped for my fourth week did the water come off and reveal the weight loss. It was a shock for me as I'd been taking that scale far too seriously and short termly and just presumed my metabolism was depressed. In fact it turns out to be very healthy!

It's all about the calories, take care of them and the magic will happen. It will just be very erratic on the way. The gradual downward line on your chart will show you this in black and white.

You can then work out what your true maintenance is. Keep your exercise consistent and find out your burn with a HRM where you have put your stats in.
  • salvyhead
    salvyhead Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Your metabolism isn't "damaged." Figure out your TDEE by trial-and-error and then eat less calories than that to lose weight. It's that simple.

What he said.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options
    Alright so although ive been eating 2000 cals everyday and i have been gaining on that, as of dec 28th i went back to 1500 cals and lost almost 10lbs on sunday morning so i guess ive been gaining water and not fat. So im just going to bump it up 100 cals every weekend until i get back to maintenance. Hopefully this works and my metabolism gets back to normal.
    Good plan, except I'm sure your metabolism has been normal all along. It's all about finding the right maintenance calories for you, and I just don't think those calories are the same for everyone.
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    as of dec 28th i went back to 1500 cals and lost almost 10lbs on sunday morning

And you think your metabolism is damaged?
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    as of dec 28th i went back to 1500 cals and lost almost 10lbs on sunday morning

And you think your metabolism is damaged?
    Read his posting history. He's done a lot of different stuff....I was wondering how old he really was.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    This helped me to not go insane. I weighed everyday and kept an average weekly weight chart. I plotted my net cals under that so I could visually see what was happening. I did high amounts of exercise for three weeks on a deficit 10% under and only when I stopped for my fourth week did the water come off and reveal the weight loss. It was a shock for me as I'd been taking that scale far too seriously and short termly and just presumed my metabolism was depressed. In fact it turns out to be very healthy!

It's all about the calories, take care of them and the magic will happen. It will just be very erratic on the way. The gradual downward line on your chart will show you this in black and white.

You can then work out what your true maintenance is. Keep your exercise consistent and find out your burn with a HRM where you have put your stats in.
    SMART