belly hang??

Options
13»

Replies

• Vincenttarah
    Options
    You're also young. Your metabolism works better than the old folks ;) I know I was able to lose weight in high school quicker and easier than I can now, and I'm in my later 20s. As long as you're not doing anything unhealthy, don't worry about what other think or say. You keep doing what's working for you. Congratulations again!
  • katznkt
    katznkt Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    Time, toning aka lifting, age and genetics.

It can take up to two years for your skin to reach peak retraction. Lifting heavy things will tone your core. Your age should help, but no clue if your genetics predispose you to poor skin elasticity.
  • AnnaMarieDinVa
    AnnaMarieDinVa Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Keep it up! Don't let the naysayers detract from your success. Listen to your body and keep going strong.

This!!! You are young, so it is easier to lose. Also, being young makes it more likely that you will have a flat belly when you lose the rest of your weight, or shortly thereafter.
  • fitaholic718
    fitaholic718 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    It will probably be the last thing to go. I'm with you though. My belly hangs & that just pushes me harder towards my goals. I will lose it all and so will you.:wink:
  • BekaBooluvsu
    BekaBooluvsu Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    You look great! Congrats! Keep up the good work and ignore mean people they are just jealous. Big hugs!!:flowerforyou:
  • jenifr818
    jenifr818 Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    Maybe I'm just not looking at the OP's picture very well, but if that's what she calls a belly hang ... well, heck, give me THAT belly hang! I personally think she looks great!
  • janesmith1
    janesmith1 Posts: 1,511 Member
    Options
    OP before you got big did your belly look similar to how it looks now? I've lost weight before & for me it seems to go back to how it was before I got big, if that makes sense. I've always had a tremendous belly btw.

Just wondering, are you doing a lot of stomach exercises? I think they help a LOT, seriously. You won't lose weight there but things will tighten, does that make sense?

http://www.amazon.com/Perfect-Abs-Meghan-White/dp/B000B5XPFG

That's the killer ab one. KILLER!!! No lie!!! It DID tighten up my abs, and I've always had a HUGE lower belly.

GLTY!
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    How long is s piece of string?

Just keep burning the fat and you will get there
  • supergirl6
    supergirl6 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    It takes time. It also takes great genetics.

My doc recommends fish oil to help with skin elasticity. And weight training. Drink lots of water. There's no way to make your body target a specific area.
  • dmt4641
    dmt4641 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    I was able to get rid of my stomach pooch after having kids by watching my carb intake (moderate carb, I can't exercise and feel horrible on low carb), lots of plank variations and leg drop exercises, full body weight lifting and interval cardio. That combo worked for me, but I am also a pear shape and it is my legs that lose weight last, not my stomach.
  • xxxoxjac
    Options
    She is also 14 years old. When your younger it's alot easier to lose weight quicker.