frozen yogurt recipes?

Options
does anyone have a good frozen yogurt recipe with out an ice cream maker? : )

Replies

• iz95
    iz95 Posts: 4
    Options
    I bought that little as seen on tv ice cream maker.. More guided towards children but perfect for small portions it cost me $10 at Walmart. I mixed plain Greek yogurt and 2 tbsp of peanut butter together with a little sub sugar put it into that little ice cream shaker and waaalaaa! Yummy froyo !
  • Peanutbutterx
    Peanutbutterx Posts: 332
    Options
    i've seen that but didnt know if it would work or not lol thanks, i'll have to pick one up! : ) and peanut butter yummm!! thats normally the kind of frozen yogurt i get too : ) i saw a bunch of recipes online but they all had ice cream makers and was like blahh to expensive. i saw one where she put a couple of table spoons of funfetti cake mix in with the greek yogurt mmm.. you've convinced me to buy an ice cream maker : ) is it the ice cream shaker one?
  • iz95
    Options
    Oh that does sound good! Yes it is the shaker it looks like a little toy ice cream cone lol it was in the as seen on tv isle at my local Walmart!!
  • iz95
    Options
    how can i add pictures to my posts?
  • snowboardandasuitcase
    snowboardandasuitcase Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Simple and Quick!
    For anyone else who doesn't have an ice cream maker:

I blend up some low fat/cal plain yogurt with some frozen mixed berries (you could use whatever frozen fruit you like). Once it's blended, it's pretty much frozen yogurt anyways, but if you put it back in the yogurt container (this has worked for me, and I havent tried it in any other containers) and put it in the freezer for 20-30 mins it get's even better! If I'm not dying for it asap, I like to give it a stir at the 30 min mark, and stick it in for another 30 mins. AMAZING.

You can make it whatever size you'd like; I whip up about 400mls of yogurt with about 100 ml of fruit, which makes a whole yogurt container full of the final product, and I just take individual servings from that. Once I've taken my serving out of the container, I'll put the container in the FRIDGE (not the freezer) until the next time I want some froyo, and then I'll shove it back in the freezer for 30 mins! (Obviously you should abide by the dates on the yogurt container and not leave it for months at a time....)

WARNING! Do NOT leave the yogurt in the freezer for "too long" (times will vary, depending on how much food you have stuffed in there, whether you use the door vs back of freezer, etc.). This will result in berry-coloured ICE. Not cool.

This is just simple froyo that works for me. If you don't like it, don't complain. Just go eat your ice cream and leave my poor little "recipe" in peace. ;)
  • pinkraynedropjacki
    pinkraynedropjacki Posts: 3,027 Member
    Options
    Get Chobani 2% fat yoghurt. Pop it in the freezer for 2 hours. Eat. Simply done, better than ice cream.
  • Montarosa456
    Montarosa456 Posts: 133
    Options
    I know this is pretty much mirroring the previous directions given but it gives a nice flavour idea - I'm so into frozen yoghurt at the moment as its the perfect quick, sweet, healthy treat :)

http://www.cakevsscales.co.uk/2013/05/chocolate-and-blueberry-guilt-free.html
  • ireneblackwell
    ireneblackwell Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    just mix blended fruit with low-fat greek yogurt pour into ice-lolly moulds and freeze for 2hrs. kids love them and they're heathly too.
  • Peanutbutterx
    Options
    i not sure how to add pictures to here, i tried it once before but it didnt work i dont get how everyone does it haha
  • Peanutbutterx
    Options
    thanks guys for your suggestions they all sounds delicious! : D
  • Aditi2013
    Options
    Hey you can get all details about frozen yogurt machines and recipes through its booklet it contain all the information
    @ http://alpinefreezer.com/
  • mamaonesan
    mamaonesan Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Has anyone ever heard of the Yonanna? GREAT MACHINE! Turns bananas and any kind of fruit into soft serve ice cream! Easy to use & clean uo. Everything has to be frozen first then you put it in the machine & presto! My friend introduced me to this Andy I went right out to Target & got one. Cost $50 & well worth it if your an ice cream lover like me!
  • wendhall
    wendhall Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    This is an older post but I just got Yonannas machine for Christmas and I used 1/2 cup each frozen pineapple and mango and 1 cup frozen strawberries with packet splenda in the machine. Came out soooo good and cheaper than store bought fruit sorbet and no sugar.
  • TigerBite
    TigerBite Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    2% or Classic FAGE yogurt, stir in frozen blueberries (wild ones like Wyman's are good because they are small) and crushed up frozen raspberries (just crush them up in the bag), fold everything up in a bowl (metal works best, because it keep it cold) and top with banana slices ... You can do the same thing with a food processor or a Ninja (not a Vitamix, it gets to hot) , and any frozen fruit, you can even ad protein powder (vanilla strawberry is a good combo, vanilla mango, chocolate banana, chocolate cherry ...)...