evening binging

Options
1235»

Replies

• megslovescountry
    Options
    late night eating is my problem as well. i do well all day, but i'm an insomniac, and often when i'm laying there for hours not able to sleep i find myself going to the kitchen. i'm working on having water by my bed and making myself drink a bunch to discourage myself but i'm still struggling. i might have to give the veggies thing a try. any suggestions welcome and feel free to add me!
  • 3carissa
    Options
    Thanks everyone for sharing I would find pockets of time during the day to eat alone. I work around food so I'll stop somewhere on my way to work then eat again once I get there. Same thing when I leave I get off at 10pm eat @ 8pm by 10:30pm when I get home I fix another meal to eat again. I want to stop and need to because now it's affecting my health so thanks for all your post I may not comment all the time but just know I will read to get encouragement, thanks
  • ileitch
    Options
    Cutting down carbs (including wheat) and cutting out alcohol has really helped me. Logging everything helps too, somehow.
  • jamie88moore
    jamie88moore Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    HI MY FP FRIENDS...IM ON MY WAY FINALLY....NO NIGHT BINGEING AND EATING GREAT AND UNDER MY GOAL....IM A RECOVERING ADDICT ALCOHALIC SO I HAVE FINALLY PUT THE ONE DAY AT A TIME TO FOOD...ALL THOUGH IT IS HARDER BECAUSE YOU HAVE TO EAT....IM HERE FOR YOU ALL...I SLIPPED BACK BECAUSE I LET MY STRESS OVER SICK MOM BE AN EXCUSE....YES EXCUSE!!!!....I FINALLY GET IT AND ALL YOU CAN TO!!!! I HAVE OVERCOME SO MANY THINGS...ADDICTION...PRISON...AND ALL THAT IS ATTACHED TO THAT AND I HAVE THE MOST WONDERFUL LIVE!!!!
  • Annice22
    Annice22 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • jamie88moore
    Options
    HI GUYS HAD A STUPID MIGRAINE FOR 2 DAYS SO I WASNT ON HERE....I ATE WHAT I COULD AND IT WASNT ALL HEALTHY BUT LET ME TELL YOU GUYS SOMETHING!!!!!! GIVE OURSELVES A BREAK WE DIDNT GET HERE OVERNIGHT AND WE DONT WANT THAT FAST WEIGHT LOSE TO JUST GAIN IT BACK BECAUSE IT GETS TO DEPRIVING...ALTHOUGH I HAVE NEVER DONE A DIET IN MY LIFE...I NEVER HAD TO WORRY...I WAS A BIT UNDER WEIGHT...BUT THESE MEDS PUT SOME ON AND I LIKED IT BUT NOW OVER THE LAST FEW YEARS IT CREPT ON...IM GIVING IT TO GOD AND GOING TO DO MY BEST...ALWAYS WRITE EVERYTHING YOU EAT NO MATTER WHAT IT IS...AND YES WE CAN HAVE A PUMPKIN SPICE LATTE ONCE IN AWHILE AND STILL STAY UNDER OUR GOAL....BUT FOR ME I NEED TO STAY AWAY FROM SUGAR IT TRIGGERS MY MOODS AND OTHER THINGS...YOU ALL HAVE A WONDERFUL NIGHT...GOING TO GET MY HAIR DONE AFTER 6 MONTHS....I LOOK LIKE I DO BUT I GREW UP POOR AND AM NOT HIGH MANTINANCE....XMAS PRESENT...EVERYONE ASKS ME WHERE DO YOU GET YOUR CLOTHS....THRIFT SHOPS...HA....BUT I DO BYE A FEW THINGS....GOD IS GOOD GUYS AND LAST BUT NOT LEAST....THE HAPPIER YOU ARE THE EASIER THIS WILL BE...WE ALL HAVE DIFFERENT ISSUES SO YOU NEED TO DEAL WITH WHATEVER YOURS IS....I WOULDNT CARE ONE BIT ABOUT BEING HEALTHY IF I WAS STILL DRINKING AND USING...FOR ME TO STAY GROUNDED...I GO TO MEETING..I SPONSOR 3 WOMAN IN AA...I AM IN LOVE WITH GOD...TO EACH YOUR OWN AS LONG AS IT IS A TRUE RELATIONSHIP...AND DEAL WITH ALL YOUR BAGGAGE THROUGH THERAPY OR WHATEVER...REMEMBER ALOT OF US EAT BECAUSE OF EMOTIONS....JUST A LITTLE OF WHAT IS WORKING FOR ME...LOVE U ALL!!!!
  • jamie88moore
    Options
    I have stopped binging and am soooo happy!!!
  • smilesback
    smilesback Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Just love that you are stopping your bingeing. I totally get dealing with my issues will make my life easier because I will be happier. Thank you for your wisdom Jamie. Today is the start of the rest of my life, Thank God to have a great life to live. Amen. Happy New Year's Eve 2014!
  • jamie88moore
    Options
    FRIEND AND YOU ARE A AMAZING ROLE MODEL FOR ME!!!
  • jamie88moore
    Options
    OK EVERYONE I HAVE WEENED MYSELF OFF SUGAR AND I DID IT IN A 5 DAY PERIOD AND I ALSO HAVE STOPPED MY NIGHT BINGING.....COME ON GUYS LETS BRING THIS NEW YEAR IN WITH HOPE...EXITMENT...AND MY GOAL IS ON AUGUST 25 I WILL BE 37...OMG...BUT THIS IS THE BEST I WILL HAVE EVER LOOKED IN MY LIFE AND IN THE BEST SHAPE...EVERYDAY IS ONE DAY YOU FOCUS ON...NOT YESTERDAY NOT TOMMOROW...I DO THE SAME THING WITH MY SOBRIETY...WHICH WILL BE 5 YEARS ON THE 7TH....WOOHOO....BEFORE MY BIPOLAR MEDS I WAS TO SKINNY NATURALLY AND I PUT 20 LBS ON BUT IT WAS PERFECT BUT THEN I STOPPED SMOKING AND THE NIGHT BINGING BEGAN.....JOURNAL WHIKE YOU ARE HUNGRY AND WHAT U R FEELING....DO SIT UPS...READ...YOU ALL CAN DO THIS AND REMEMBER IM JUST STARTING TO!!!!!
  • alexandriax03
    alexandriax03 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • supergirl222
    Options
    I find myself reaching for unhealthy snacks when i am stressed or anxious, probably mostly at night as well. The gym kind of saves me though, as I go in the late evening and I know i won't have a good workout if i ate unhealthy sodium filled crap or had wine. Also wine/ champagne is a huge trigger for me. I have a glass of red and need chocolate right away, then have more and more as the night goes on and i end up reaching for more chocolate. I probably would feel so much better if i didn't have wine. In my family my husband and I always have wine with food, we enjoy it, taste it, smell it... thank god the going to the gym in the evening keeps me from going over board. When I come home after the gym i don't crave unhealthy snacks or wine as much plus its late and i am ready for bed. But i enjoyed reading your story hope you can inspire others stay more healthy.