New Year!!! What is your weight loss plan for 2014?

Options

Replies

• Iceman420
    Options
    My plan is to STAY on the wagon this year. I'm going (mostly) vegetarian, cutting out soda, and working out five days a week. I will use a 2,000 calorie diet until my dietician tells me to go lower. There is no choice anymore. I'm reaching the age where my body can't take this much weight....
  • aschroeder2749
    aschroeder2749 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I'd like to get back to logging and incorporate exercise 5/week. Want to lose 15 lbs by June (have a mud run I'm doing with high school buddies - "11" year reunion).
  • hopebewild
    hopebewild Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Diet: of course calories but I will try to follow the macros too this time. As many one ingredient foods as possible vs anything elze. Fruig or veggie with every meal. No snacking. Snacking leads to grazing for me. No mt dew. If u look at my diet log u can see I have a clear mt dew addiction.

Exercise: I got bodymedia for christmaz so goal is to burn at least 2300 calories daily so I can eat 1800 daily cuz a girls gotta eat lol. Workout videos walking and stairs at work should get me there no prob. Lurking on this board has convinced me to start in orporating resistance training as well. I plan on starting with simple body weight exercises then moving on to weight training in hopefully a few months. O ther than girly dumbells I have never really lifted weights so I will need to save for a personal trainer. Thats my plan! Good lu k everyone!
  • aschroeder2749
    aschroeder2749 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Diet: of course calories but I will try to follow the macros too this time. As many one ingredient foods as possible vs anything elze. Fruig or veggie with every meal. No snacking. Snacking leads to grazing for me. No mt dew. If u look at my diet log u can see I have a clear mt dew addiction.

Exercise: I got bodymedia for christmaz so goal is to burn at least 2300 calories daily so I can eat 1800 daily cuz a girls gotta eat lol. Workout videos walking and stairs at work should get me there no prob. Lurking on this board has convinced me to start in orporating resistance training as well. I plan on starting with simple body weight exercises then moving on to weight training in hopefully a few months. O ther than girly dumbells I have never really lifted weights so I will need to save for a personal trainer. Thats my plan! Good lu k everyone!

I really like your goal of having a fruit or veg with every meal. I'm a carb queen, so if I could fill some of that "hungry space" with fruit and veggies first, it undoubtedly would help. Must. Work. On. Discipline. ;)
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    On Monday I'm purchasing a barbell and dumbbell bar and plates, so that I can continue my lifting at home. Oh, this is for fitness (I'm not trying to lose weight). And I'm going to do more in dance (artistically and technically). I have put something behind me at the end of this year. And this year is indeed a new start for my life mentally and emotionally.

Oh, yeah, people say that we should be specific in our goals. So, just want to add that my goals are more specific (I just didn't want to share the specifics online here).
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    I'm pregnant so my goal isn't weight loss at the moment, but more minimising weight gain. Until around April 20th when I will be looking at losing again (although hopefully not too much if I stick to being healthy for the next 4 months!)

My plan is to make sure I eat healthily and don't give in to unhealthy treats. I'm pretty good with meals, but sweet treats are my downfall at the moment. So, the plan is to have healthy snacks all week, and allow myself a treat on a Sat or Sun. I find that the less I eat sweet things, the less I want them, so I'm hoping this will work!

I also plan to keep on exercising right up to my due date, even if by then all I can manage is the treadmill. I still do classes at the moment, but don't make it high impact now. I'm hoping this will make it easier to get back on it after my 6 week check.

Once I've had my baby, I'd really like to try a boot camp, and I'm tempted to attempt running. I live right by the sea, so the promenade would be the perfect place.
  • tootchute
    tootchute Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    Continue what I'm doing
  • Rocklinite
    Rocklinite Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Work out 3-4x a wk., and track on mfp daily.
  • xWendyJonesx
    xWendyJonesx Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    For 2014 I aim to get over my 4-5 month plateaux and loose my last 6lb, I also want to tone up my jelly belly and chunky thighs so I look and feel good for my family holiday in July.

If anyone out there knows the answer to getting over a plateaux please add me and share your experience.
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    For 2014 I aim to get over my 4-5 month plateaux and loose my last 6lb, I also want to tone up my jelly belly and chunky thighs so I look and feel good for my family holiday in July.

If anyone out there knows the answer to getting over a plateaux please add me and share your experience.

I increased my calories to get over a plateau, and also made sure I did a variety of different exercise. I was doing aerobics, step, spinning, boxercise, Zumba, LBT, core stability....and gym sessions with a combination of strength training and cardio.
  • nobbta
    nobbta Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    VLCD
    UGW
    Single digit clothing size
  • briannanoelg
    Options
    I need to fix my damn diet. I work out minimum 6 times a week, cardio at least 20 minutes, usually more with ab workouts. But I've been stuck at 149 because I eat like crap.

I tried to cut out the lean cuisines and stuff like that, and figured out I don't know how to eat. So I'm fixing my diet and extending my workouts to 40 mins. Thats my goal.
  • tropicaltiger
    Options
    my goal is to increase my workout-eat less sugar and carbs-and maintain my goal weight even lose 5 more pound-increasing my weight lifting-continue zumba-once a week bootcamp class-but for sure zumba-i love it-get more tones and cut-and just continue on this great journey I been on for the past 5 years
  • ebonieiscool
    ebonieiscool Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Stop binge eating out of habit (formed when I was on a overly restrictive diet).
    Continue to track my calories and watch what I eat.
    Learn how my body reacts to certain foods.
    Add lose these 20 pounds finally!
  • chamcg26
    Options
    My plan is to work out 1-2 hours a day, 5 days a week and try and eat A LOT healthier.
  • Jestinia
    Jestinia Posts: 1,153 Member
    Options
    My plan is low carb / low sugar and zumba zumba zumba :)

My goals are similar. The only sugar I'm consuming is what occurs naturally in vegetables like peppers. But without the Zumba, as I am an uncoordinated wreck. Moderate workouts, nothing that will mess up my joints. I had to quit running, it killed my knees, which killed my motivation, which led me to stare disconsolately into the fridge, thinking why do I even bother, which led to some pounds back on the scale. Maybe weights this year instead? Still not sure.
  • tropicaltiger
    Options
    \I love zumba-i do do other workouts at gym-but I do love zumab do it atleat 2 times aweek-
  • MammaC66
    MammaC66 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    My health related goals for the coming year are to maintain my weight loss and possibly lose another 5 to 10 pounds. I will do this by exercising 5 times a week for at least 30 minutes working up to 60 minutes, with two of these days being strength training, and eating healthy foods in moderate portions.
  • moya_rargh
    moya_rargh Posts: 1,473 Member
    Options
    My goal for 2014. More muscle by any means necessary!
  • amywinzer9
    Options
    I would like to run a 5k for definite, and would be really pleased if I also managed to run a 10k.
    At the moment i struggle to run 1.5!!

I'm definitely not a runner but I like a challenge :)