Foods you didn't used to like

Options
On the quest to refine my pallet (I eat like a five year old most the time), I was wondering what foods have you started to like as you've changed your eating habits? Personally, I never like asparagus, peppers, or yogurt and now I eat them all the time.

Replies

• dunnodunno
    dunnodunno Posts: 2,290 Member
    Options
    Cottage cheese & broccoli.
  • healthygreek
    healthygreek Posts: 2,137 Member
    Options
    I used to think I didn't like beets (I never tried them).
    My dh always loved them and a couple of years ago I tried a piece of his and to my surprise-I loved it and have been eating them ever since.
  • LeahFerri
    LeahFerri Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Fish (though I'm still somewhat picky about what fish I eat)
    Scallops
    Green beans
    Edamame
    Salads in general
    Hummus
  • ronrstaats
    ronrstaats Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Bell Peppers... I still hate green ones but I don't mind the red, orange or yellow ones.
  • illuvatree
    illuvatree Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    There are so many foods I never had as a kid that I just assumed I didn't like. My mom hates sweet potatoes so she never made them for me growing up, but once I ate them I absolutely LOVED them. And I never had beets but I love beets.
  • kornaco
    kornaco Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Radishes!
  • Candi_land
    Candi_land Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    Any veggie with the exception of corn, and even then it had to be drenched with butter and salt. I actually like and enjoy most of them now (except cauliflower, beets, kale, and Brussel sprouts...I just can't do it). Look ma I adulted!
  • amanda_richelle
    amanda_richelle Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    A lot of these things are things I just haven't tried. So this is a great list of things to try. Growing up it was very meat and potatoes or pasta in my house. I guess mom didn't want the fight of us trying "icky" new food.
  • just4nessa
    just4nessa Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    Zucchini has to be my number 1 'never liked' foods, but now i love it...crave it even... eat it several times a week. I was also famous in my family/friends circle for not liking cooked peas but I will eat them now if they are in something, instead of picking them out. I've also developed a liking for fresh-cracked black pepper on a lot of my foods. Not sure that it has anything to do with changing my eating habits, more likely attributable to a combination of my palate maturing and my taste buds dulling.
  • Mangopickle
    Mangopickle Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    I always ate all my veggies because it was mandatory but I had no great fondness for raw green bell peppers, celery and mushrooms. My toddler converted me. My nanny was a vegetarian with a great fondness for raw veg. My daughter was always asking for these in addition to raw broccoli and cauliflower. I now really enjoy the raw mushrooms, bell peppers and celery but I still prefer roasted cauliflower and broccoli
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    I'm a foodie...I've always like pretty much anything as long as it's properly prepared. I've actually always eaten pretty healthy...comes with the "foodie" territory...I just ate too much and didn't move enough.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    Red peppers, sweet potatoes, brussell sprouts, eggplant, acorn squash, green olives. Part of it is learning how to cook things properly. There are veggies that I didn't like steamed but that I love roasted.
  • wordena
    wordena Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Bell peppers, poaches eggs, beans, broccoli, cauliflower, hot sauce, cottage cheese, my grandmothers pies
  • djxil
    djxil Posts: 357
    Options
    I love broccoli but never really liked it in the past, raw!
  • blackmax78
    blackmax78 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    smoked oysters (for the iron)
  • JamieK84
    JamieK84 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Asparagus was one for me. My family never ate it growing up and I never thought it looked good anyway. I just tried it for the first time a few years ago and absolutely love it now. The biggest one for me though is onions. I LOVE onions now. When I was a kid, I would freak out if there were onions in anything and wouldn't eat it. Now, some of my favorite foods have onions in them. Yum! Some other things are potato salad, egg salad, and deviled eggs.
  • Sreneesa
    Sreneesa Posts: 1,170 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt.

It still not my favorite but I do enjoy the texture in my mouth. lol
  • vjohn04
    vjohn04 Posts: 2,276 Member
    Options
    bleu cheese

oh and steak. Up until I started getting serious about lifting again, I never really liked steak. I was always a chicken kinda lady. Now, I eat steak about 2-3 times per week.
  • airdale8263
    airdale8263 Posts: 2,155 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt.

Love Dannon LIght & Fit 2xProtein ....great flavors.
  • amanda_richelle
    amanda_richelle Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    smoked oysters (for the iron)

I'm not sure that's one I'll ever be handle.