How long can you keep up with logging

Options

Replies

• DebbieLyn63
    DebbieLyn63 Posts: 2,650 Member
    Options
    Not logging my calories and /or exercise when I attempt to lose weight and get fit makes as much sense as not balancing my checkbook when I attempt to pay down my debt and build savings.

One is required and one isn't...If you attempt to lose weight for 30 years ok. But once you do it for 2 years, lose the weight, you should have a general idea of how much you are eating.

So HAVE you done it for 2 years and reached your goal weight? According to your ticker, you have lost 0 of 25 lbs you wish to lose. If you can lose your weight without logging, then just do it. No need to start a thread about how much you hate it and get bored after a few weeks.
    Being mature is accepting what you need to do, and doing that, even if you hate it and get bored with it. Whether that be logging calories, or getting to work on time everyday. Don't whine about it, and make excuses, just do it or don't do it.
  • UpEarly
    UpEarly Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    I'm at 995 days. Logging takes me less than 10 minutes a day on average - sometimes a little more if I'm entering a new recipe. That little bit of time is worth it for me. I lost 66 pounds and have successfully maintained that loss for two years now.

Logging is just one of the healthy habits I've chosen to continue.
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    700 days of logging as of today and I don't plan on stopping. :tongue:

I've lost weight in the past and gained it all back :grumble: , I don't want do this again!!!!
  • jenns1964
    jenns1964 Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    385 days and counting!!! I have to log.
  • edryer123
    edryer123 Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    I've logged for about 550 consecutive days now. I kind of like doing it, so I'll probably continue. I did lose weight without logging, but doing this kind of makes me feel more in control.

I'm 24 weeks pregnant, and the only days I haven't logged my meals are just for 3 days over Xmas! I was joking with my husband that I'd still be logging when I'm in labour, and wondering if there's a calorie burn for labour and giving birth in the database :laugh:

that is too funny! Good luck with your pregnancy!
  • moya_rargh
    moya_rargh Posts: 1,473 Member
    Options
    It's just part of my daily routine now.
  • D_squareG
    D_squareG Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    Two years ago, I would have said "NO WAY I"M DOING THIS FOREVER". But now with smartphones and Ipad apps, it is so easy and it is essential to my progress. I agree with others that I'm addicted to it. Also, when I click the "complete this entry" button, it signals to me that I'm done for the day. Most times that works and I quit eating. (Not all, but most).
  • cursiny
    cursiny Posts: 907 Member
    Options
    It's just part of my daily routine now.

^^ THIS
  • chezjuan
    chezjuan Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    I don't plan on logging forever, but I also don't have a hard stop date/goal either. Currently, I am mainly logging to watch my macros more than my calories. I've already stopped logging my exercise or even caring about how many calories I burn per session. I just make sure that I get 4-5 workouts in a week. I am doing TDEE for maintenance so I see no need to put that into my diary.

As an aside, I didn't log much last week at all (although I did get some in). I just watched my portions and didn't go crazy, and I made it just fine (weight stayed stable).
  • willnorton
    willnorton Posts: 995 Member
    Options
    1470 as of today in a row..... I just enjoy the tips and encouragement I get daily...

wow....1470....dang long time....
  • action_figure
    action_figure Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    450 days so far. Missed a few days when I had the flu, but logged in every day, and at least 440 of those days have been completely and honestly logged.
  • Mustangsally1000
    Mustangsally1000 Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    1034 days!
  • afat12
    afat12 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    A few years ago I logged everything for almost two years then I stopped and guess what? I gained back almost all of the weight I lost. I have to log everything or I vastly underestimate how much I eat or how many calories are in things.
  • Hoppymom
    Hoppymom Posts: 1,158 Member
    Options
    I lost 70 pounds in 15 months with daily logging. I got annoyed with it and busy with a new job and a big home renovation project and quit logging. I regained 35 pounds in one year. I am back to logging and feel much better because I actually see what I am eating and i am accountable to myself. I will officially weigh in on Jan 1 and plan to keep current with that as well. Now I just need to keep my workouts more regular as well. I have done this before I can do it again. Because of where I vacation (family), I can't log everyday so I turned of the notifications on my account. I know that I have to log to save my life. I wish I could avoid it forever but for now the logging will continue. Good luck with whatever you chose.
  • mjterp
    mjterp Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    was doing really well with it...hit a rough patch in home life...now all of those issues are settled...or as settled as they can get...and I'm trying to get back to logging. If I am not in a situation where I can measure/weigh, I make sure to OVERESTIMATE. I view logging as documenting monetary transactions...if I want to know how much money I have, I better be documenting each of my debit card transactions. Similar thing, different accountability. Not always easy...but many things are the same every week so that makes it easier. (like having the same phone bill, same mortgage, same garbage...) I know logging was a lot harder in the early months.
  • neelia
    neelia Posts: 750 Member
    Options
    Either I endure the AGONY of measuring out my food, or I stay fat. I choose measuring.
  • action_figure
    action_figure Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    It is very beneficial to losing weight but logging calories isn't really the "lifestyle"...the "lifestyle" is proper nutrition and fitness, logging and counting calories are basically the training wheels...you should be able to take them off eventually.

QotD right there, man.
  • twinmom430
    twinmom430 Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    I thought I could stop logging, b/c after almost 2 years I should know how much I can eat to keep losing...right? WRONG! This has to be a lifestyle for me....unfortunately. I stopped for a couple months and started gaining weight.
  • EddieHaskell97
    EddieHaskell97 Posts: 2,227 Member
    Options
    Logging sessions lasting more than four hours require immediate medical attention. I'm going for a consecutive year, so I've got roughly 150 days to go.
  • citizenpioneer
    citizenpioneer Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    It just becomes a helpful little habit. I think I asked myself this same question a couple years ago and the funniest response was, "I'll never stop! I'll enter the fluid they pump into my dead body before they bury me!"